Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of Joanne's evidence was covered in the first and second inquest.

A 2003 article gives a good clue to what she might say.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-charming-devil-and-his-missing-wife-20030302-gdgcvm.html

Thanks, DRT. I think I am wondering what the 'fresh evidence leading to his arrest' is, that Joanne provided and has been confirmed by others.
Possibly something about where Lyn may be buried, as the recent Daily Telegraph article also mentions that police now believe Lyn is in a bush grave.

Last edited:
Thanks, DRT. I think I am wondering what the 'fresh evidence leading to his arrest' is, that Joanne provided and has been confirmed by others.
Possibly something about where Lyn may be buried, as the recent Daily Telegraph article mentions that police now believe Lyn is in a bush grave.
Joanne walked into Dee Why police station a few weeks ago. Listening to the police statement again they said they had 2 new interviews since the brief was submitted in April.

"Joanne Curtis, the onetime schoolgirl lover of murder suspect Chris Dawson, has attended a Sydney police station one day after cops finished a major search for his missing wife Lyn’s body.

Ms Curtis, 54, arrived at Dee Why police station on Sydney’s northern beaches clutching a folder of documents at lunchtime on Tuesday and left more than an hour later."

Chris Dawson’s lover Joanne Curtis visits police a day after cops stop search for his wife’s body – Express Digest

The thing about Peter. Could it have been his idea? in the beginning?. ' oh boys, women run off all the time, no one can find them, look at my MIL '..

He, Peter, would have been such a tremendous asset in this whole event. . Steering away police enquiries, coaching Chris, lea

Seems PD would not have even met his mother in law if she fled to NZ 22 years before Lyn vanished and when his ex wife was just 9 years old. Wonder if she was from NZ and returned home to be with family?

Anyways a list of NZ deaths from 2000 to 2007.
How many Marcia's could there be in 2002. :):eek:

http://static2.stuff.co.nz/files/DeathNotices2000-07.pdf

Last edited:
So if indeed the mother in law died in 2002 in NZ.
That was smack bang in the middle of the inquests.

Is this wife one or two?

She said it came out in 2001 after a conversation between one of the twins and her father, resulting in Peter Dawson sending his wife, Cheryl Dawson, to take a statement from Leanne.

Nocookies

The Teacher’s Pet: footy mate’s dead wife said to have seen Lyn Dawson shopping

I think there should be a ground swell of support for Joanne Curtis. She was really a victim along with Lyn - it so great that Lyn's family understands. But her life has been forever tarnished by her relationship with a thoughtless manipulator. It is truly inconceivable how she has escaped an maintained such dignity ; she has kept her story to herself and remained stoic and so true to herself. What a remarkable woman. Supporting Lyn is important but Joanne was a victim that could have very well come to the same fate.

I think there should be a ground swell of support for Joanne Curtis. She was really a victim along with Lyn - it so great that Lyn's family understands. But her life has been forever tarnished by her relationship with a thoughtless manipulator. It is truly inconceivable how she has escaped an maintained such dignity ; she has kept her story to herself and remained stoic and so true to herself. What a remarkable woman. Supporting Lyn is important but Joanne was a victim that could have very well come to the same fate.

Absolutely.

Joanne was reportedly kept in isolation, was very frightened of Chris, their daughter was not favoured as much by Chris as his first two daughters were, she was given minimal money to provide for the house and children. She did not have a very peachy life with him.
Then she went on and worked for a women's refuge.
I think she turned into an admirable woman.

It is the former NSW director of public prosecutions Nicholas Cowdery QC who frustrates me.
Been reading a lot about him.

The Teacher’s Pet: Dawson’s teen bride isolated, powerless, afraid
Nocookies
The Australian - July 12, 2018

So if indeed the mother in law died in 2002 in NZ.
That was smack bang in the middle of the inquests.

Is this wife one or two?

She said it came out in 2001 after a conversation between one of the twins and her father, resulting in Peter Dawson sending his wife, Cheryl Dawson, to take a statement from Leanne.

Nocookies

The Teacher’s Pet: footy mate’s dead wife said to have seen Lyn Dawson shopping
Cheryl is not his first wife.

"It does not happen all the time" as Mr Walsh said. What does he think we are, naive? (But cannot edit it now)

This should read: "It happens all the time", Mr Walsh said. It does not happen all the time. What does he think we are - naive?

This story has probably been serving the Dawson family quite well since 1982 to squash any idea that a mother of two young children is capable of disappearing herself and not contacting anyone.

Somewhere in the world? She could not have had a passport (or money) to go anywhere! That means she would still be in Australia and have known about all this due to the publicity unless she died.

If I was one of the detectives on this case, I would want to interview Peter Dawson's first wife about this and know the name of her mother to check the story out. I don't just accept things without corroboration and usually detectives don't either.

So is this just a story? Or is it true? It's easy to make up a story if the people are now dead or you are divorced and hope your first wife does not find out that you are telling it. Has Hedley or detectives followed this up?

So if it is true, and occurred before Lynette "disappeared", it certainly must have given the Dawson boys the idea that people would surely be open to believing that Lynette could have left for good. One other woman has done it, so why not Lynette?

"It does not happen all the time" as Mr Walsh said. What does he think we are, naive?

BBkEY2n.img

Northern beaches students seek compensation for alleged sexual abuse at school

Pallavi Singhal
21 hrs ago
Former students who claim to have been sexually abused by teachers in public high schools on Sydney's northern beaches will seek compensation from the NSW government, the high-profile law firm representing them has confirmed.

Multiple allegations of sexual abuse are currently being investigated by NSW police, with assistance from the NSW Department of Education.
Danielle De Paoli, a lawyer at Maurice Blackburn, confirmed that a number of the alleged victims are also seeking financial compensation.

"We have received instructions in several matters arising from historical abuse in high schools on Sydney's northern beaches," Ms De Paoli said.

"We have been corresponding with the NSW Department of Education on behalf of claimants and are now awaiting a response prior to filing any formal claims in court."
Alleged historical abuses in NSW schools have received new attention following the arrest of former Cromer High School teacher Chris Dawson this week for the alleged murder of his wife Lynette Dawson, who disappeared in 1982.
However, Jane Muir, now 53, who was school captain at Cromer High in 1983, described a culture of relationships between students and teachers.

"It was a culture where teachers and the students mixed quite readily...there was a lot of underage drinking and we saw them at parties," Ms Muir told The Saturday Telegraph.

"I was grabbed by a male teacher I was babysitting for, he tried to kiss me."

A former Cromer High School art teacher, Peter Wayne Scott, was recently convicted of 13 child sex offences committed between 1984 and 1986.

"A former Cromer High student who recalls an incident at the school in 1982 when Chris Dawson allegedly erupted after being taunted by a boy in a crowd. “One of the kids yelled out a smart arse comment. It was something like ‘are you still rooting Joanne sir?’ Or rooting students sir’, or something like that. And he spun on his heels and he sprinted back to where we were all standing, he grabbed the kid who he thought had said it and lifted him off the ground and started slamming him against the wall." - Neil Buckeridge (episode 15 of the podcast)

Nocookies
The Australian - December 5, 2018

"A former Cromer High student who recalls an incident at the school in 1982 when Chris Dawson allegedly erupted after being taunted by a boy in a crowd. “One of the kids yelled out a smart arse comment. It was something like ‘are you still rooting Joanne sir?’ Or rooting students sir’, or something like that. And he spun on his heels and he sprinted back to where we were all standing, he grabbed the kid who he thought had said it and lifted him off the ground and started slamming him against the wall." - Neil Buckeridge (episode 15 of the podcast)

Nocookies
The Australian - December 5, 2018
Good on him! I hope that he comes forward to0. I do wonder how old she was when he was first doing the great Aussie proverbial with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke