Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

And kept that secret for years, did Marilyn. Knowing the agony of Lynn's family, too, which, in the way of psychopaths, would have added to the enjoyment. I have often wondered if , when Marilyn entered into this game with Chris and Paul that she was aware of Paul's birthday present from Chris that year, or if that little gem was only dropped on her years later. And it is no small matter to forge a signature on a life insurance form, no less than using someone else's bankcard, it's theft.

And... how ridiculous that the police or anyone did not twig that Lynn left without her bankcard? to think that Chris went thru her purse after ....... after you know what. There lies the matter of premeditation and knowledge of guilt, acts before the murder and acts during and acts after the murder. The using of the bankcard , seeing that Chris himself didn't need any women's jeans, was a deliberate laying down of false scent. Because he knew Lynn wasn't coming back.

At that point, it has always appeared to me that at least 4 people knew Lynn had no possibility of return. Chris, Paul, Marilyn, Joanne. Their own actions point to that conclusion.
boom!
You articulate things so clearly troop.
thank you x

And kept that secret for years, did Marilyn. Knowing the agony of Lynn's family, too, which, in the way of psychopaths, would have added to the enjoyment. I have often wondered if , when Marilyn entered into this game with Chris and Paul that she was aware of Paul's birthday present from Chris that year, or if that little gem was only dropped on her years later. And it is no small matter to forge a signature on a life insurance form, no less than using someone else's bankcard, it's theft.

And... how ridiculous that the police or anyone did not twig that Lynn left without her bankcard? to think that Chris went thru her purse after ....... after you know what. There lies the matter of premeditation and knowledge of guilt, acts before the murder and acts during and acts after the murder. The using of the bankcard , seeing that Chris himself didn't need any women's jeans, was a deliberate laying down of false scent. Because he knew Lynn wasn't coming back.

At that point, it has always appeared to me that at least 4 people knew Lynn had no possibility of return. Chris, Paul, Marilyn, Joanne. Their own actions point to that conclusion.
Hate to play devil's advocate Trooper... but if Lynette was to trying to erase her past (i don't believe that) then not using her bank card may have been part of that. Perhaps she'd stashed some cash...this was 1982.
Again, i don't believe that ....

IMO
...When looking at the story that the accused presents about what may have happened to his wife, Lynette, one will come across too many "hard to believe" events to make the story a credible one... thus inferring lies are being told... eg .. when the accused is describing the last time he saw his wife, dropping her off to go shopping, he doesn't describe what her emotions were like...even if everything seemed normal with her emotions wouldn't he have said that everything seemed normal with her emotions... given he is describing the last time he'd seen his wife?

...putting yourself in Lyn's shoes in this situation .. you're in the process of running away from your husband and of all things, you choose your husband to help you run away ... probably wouldn't be at the top of most people's lists of a way to run away....
...and there are "hard to believes" after "had to believes" in his story
... calling the child care centre, lying on Lynette's behalf...
Lynette, described by the accused, wasn't incapable of calling her employer herself...

So many holes. .

Last edited:

one thing that has really intrigued me is the Pink Cardigan and did Dawson bury it to use as a blackmail item over J Curtis ie. in the worst case he'd allege JC and LD had a fight .. you guess the rest . Was it a lucky find by the police or did Curtis know where generally to look , and if so, how did she know ?
The item cannot be traced to LD in anyway and so may not be admissible at all - but this bit of false evidence requires some sort of explanation. Hopefully JC can enlighten us an and not lie .

Chris Dawson breaks his silence ahead of judge-only trial for the alleged murder of his first wife, Lynette, 40 years ago​

I'm looking forward to justice being served and the truth coming in the next few weeks,' he told Nine News.

'I just want the truth to come out.'

He refused to comment when he later approached by a reporter upon arrival in Sydney.

Dressed in a collared shirt and jeans, a quietly confident Dawson said he was looking forward to justice while checking in alone at an airport on Queensland's Sunshine Coast for his flight to Sydney on Sunday.

We’ll see, we’ll see justice.

Behind a paywall. But I've paraphrased the important bit.

Seems Chris Dawson's defence are arguing today for a media blackout.
It also "seems" that the Crown may be also seeking a non publication order ?
And that lawyers for the media are opposing it.

And before anyone posts that they can't read the article. Yes I know, that's why I mentioned it being behind a paywall and that I paraphrased the important bit.

Last edited:
Behind a paywall. But I've paraphrased the important bit.

Seems Chris Dawson's defence are arguing today for a media blackout.
It also "seems" that the Crown may be also seeking a non publication order ?
And that lawyers for the media are opposing it.

And before anyone posts that they can't read the article. Yes I know, that's why I mentioned it being behind a paywall and that I paraphrased the important bit.
Of course he is.
Entitled and still trying to hide.

why the crown tho?
:mad:

The court has heard that Chris Dawson asked a team mate to get rid of his wife.

The Australian Behind paywall.

All details in the trial can be revealed after Judge Ian Harrison rejected an application from lawyers for both the defence and crown to have the case suppressed under blanket non-publication orders.

Former star footballer Chris Dawson asked an ex-teammate to help to “get rid of his wife’” Lynn more than six years before she vanished, a court has heard.

Not behind a paywall

Last edited:
Footballer turned high-school teacher Chris Dawson allegedly wanted to hire a hit man to murder his wife Lynnette after the couple was unable to have children early in their marriage, a court has been

In his opening address, Mr Everson told the court the couple were both just 21 when they got married in 1970 but were not able to have children around the same time as Mr Dawson’s twin brother, Paul.

This caused a “level of animosity” from Mr Dawson to his wife, Mr Everson said.

On the way home from a trip to the Gold Coast with his teammates from the Newtown Jets in October 1975, Mr Dawson allegedly asked Robert Silkman if he “knew someone who could get rid of his wife.

Mr Everson told the court Mr Silkman “had some admitted criminal connections”.

Five years later, the court heard Mr Dawson developed a sexual relationship with a student at the high school where he was a teacher and he became “infatuated with her”, the court heard.

“He repeatedly asked her to marry him,” Mr Everson said.

In December 1981, the court heard Mr Dawson valued the house he shared with Lynnette at Bayview before the next day leaving his family and moving to Queensland with the student to “start a new life”.

The pair returned to Sydney just four days later.

Chris Dawson was motivated to kill his wife Lynette Dawson four decades ago because of his wish to have an “unfettered relationship” with a younger woman, and he had thought about using a hitman, a Sydney court has been told.

In his opening address on Monday, prosecutor Craig Everson, SC, said Dawson’s wife was “not able” to have children at the same time as her husband’s twin brother, Paul.

The defence asked for more time to work on the case and the trial has been adjourned til Wednesday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member