Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m finding it difficult to load but check out this story on The Dawson’s from page 5

I think there will be a lot of people and organizations trying to cover their arses

The Eye of the Storm magazine vol 29 july 2018
Wow everyone has posted so much over the last day. I thought I would include this pic that I found in the the magazine you posted.

A great shot of Chris being kissed by one of the Marlboro girls. Like he isn't enjoying it and kissing back.

Attachments

• Chris Dawson.GIF
    Chris Dawson.GIF
    49.9 KB · Views: 27
My son in law has a really, really identical twin, but they do not have this almost incestuous relationship. They are really just like any other brothers, but their parent's never made a big thing out of them being identical twins, and they were never dressed the same. I suspect that the Dawson parents made them feel special about being twins and they grew up thinking that they were indeed special.

I think my first knowledge of the pill was about 1966. Doctors would only prescribe it to married women. Within just a couple of years all that was dropped.
Hey Troop I’ve got a whole story from my own family with regard to this. Strongly along the lines of the series LOVE CHILD. not for this thread though. It’s facinating though looking back at how society treated young unwed women. Oh and I’m a child of 6. Say no more about the lack of contraception in a Catholic family. I think mum said she only heard of it after I was born. Lol too late mum.
yes my mum c&l was any one of those girls in love child!
except she decided to keep hers :-)
still didn't get it right......I was pill fail number two lmao
the problem was the pill was supposed to fix everything...….but the girls sadly couldn't figure out how to use it correctly.
like vomiting etc they didn't realise null and voided their protection.

by the time the late 70s early 80s rolled in it was much more reliable and gave these pretators freedom to exploit young women who stupidly thought it cool and hot to be screwing the hot teacher.

its really blown my mind that female teachers were allowing young boys to gang bang them.
this stuff just gets more and more disturbing :confused::confused:

Wow everyone has posted so much over the last day. I thought I would include this pic that I found in the the magazine you posted.

A great shot of Chris being kissed by one of the Marlboro girls. Like he isn't enjoying it and kissing back.
hey drt
I thought for a man who struggles with outsiders he looks pretty comfortable receiving kisses from a hotty!

yes my mum c&l was any one of those girls in love child!
except she decided to keep hers :)
still didn't get it right......I was pill fail number two lmao
the problem was the pill was supposed to fix everything...….but the girls sadly couldn't figure out how to use it correctly.
like vomiting etc they didn't realise null and voided their protection.

by the time the late 70s early 80s rolled in it was much more reliable and gave these pretators freedom to exploit young women who stupidly thought it cool and hot to be screwing the hot teacher.

its really blown my mind that female teachers were allowing young boys to gang bang them.
this stuff just gets more and more disturbing :confused::confused:
Kmac you will be forever bedded I my mind as ‘pill failure 2’. Lol. I salute your mum for taking the harder choice and keeping you.

As well as you I can’t get my mind around the female teachers exploiting young male students. Maybe in 2018 but certainly not in 1982. When I hear how screwed up these kids are today as a result just makes for a stronger case for vindication against these scum

I read the paper copy of the Australian at lunch time in a cafe. I have finally caught up with all the chat and one thing that I noticed this from the paper but also online Nocookies

"Soon after moving in, the Johnstons cemented over loose soil outside bedrooms once used by the Dawsons’ daughters, to deal with water running into the area from a hill. Years later, they extended the children’s bedrooms over the existing concrete.

Ms Curtis said she thought Lyn was buried on the property and urged police to “look in the soft soil”.

The Australian understands police ruled out the area as a burial location because the renovations would have exposed Lyn’s remains if they were there."

"Concreter Joe Cimino has estimated he would have dug only 15cm when he concreted over the “soft soil” area next to the bedrooms. He said another area near the swimming pool was so soft that when digging with a shovel, it was “like I was cutting through cheesecake”."

It was interesting that the reasoning for not digging up that area was it would have been found in renovations but Joe Cimino said he dug only 15 cm and the concrete was used as a base for the bedroom.

The link I gave up above Lynette's cousin born a year after she died (oops I mean went missing) said she is sensitive to the people living in the house now that they would have to be moved out if there were further digging of the property. Considerate and understanding.

thanks c&l
isn't it great ben Fordham getting onboard.
a few discrepencies though in it.
we have established today that lyn went missing on the 9th and joanne came back from coast the 15th or 16th so a week after lyn disappeared joanne moved in not two days.
no doubt though if she had of been in town it would have been MUCH sooner.:oops:
and joanne was further up the coast at south west rocks. paul and Marilyn were at the central coast at that time.

all this pressure , two coroner reports and still no dpp action.
one has to wonder.....does he know somebody in the dpp??????????

thanks c&l
isn't it great ben Fordham getting onboard.
a few discrepencies though in it.
we have established today that lyn went missing on the 9th and joanne came back from coast the 15th or 16th so a week after lyn disappeared joanne moved in not two days.
no doubt though if she had of been in town it would have been MUCH sooner.:oops:
and joanne was further up the coast at south west rocks. paul and Marilyn were at the central coast at that time.

all this pressure , two coroner reports and still no dpp action.
one has to wonder.....does he know somebody in the dpp??????????
I am not sure if Ben Fordham is any relation but in the 2001 inquest there was a Detective Matt Fordham assisting the coroner. I have never been able to find the Coroner's reports online. The 2001 report was suspected death 1137/99.

The online coroners reports only go back to 2012 except for big ones such as Thredbo.
Coronial findings

I will keep searching.

thanks drt
just side note observation
the picture of joanne going into court she looks worried.
coming out she is grinning like a Cheshire cat.
she must have been disappointed when the inquest went nowhere last time.
From my understanding there were about 20 witnesses at the 2003 inquest and none at the 2001 inquest. I was of the same opinion she looks like a young carefree lady after she leaves the court.

I found something interesting about the DNA on the cardigan that was found buried. One indicates, the DNA was female and too contaminated to make a positive match with Lyn and the other indicates it was unidentified.

Lyn Dawson Cold case - Today Tonight Adelaide

"We're at the pool area on the premises where we intend this morning to dig with the possibility of a body being buried in this area.
Police and an anthropologist dug up a small area in the Dawson's back yard in 2002, 21 years after the event. They found a women's jumper in five pieces, the jumper clearly showed it had been slashed and stabbed 16 times.
DNA proved to be female blood but it was too contaminated to make a positive match with Lyn Dawson. Her body was never found and her husband Chris Dawson remains a prime suspect."

Australia - Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982

New update:
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/cardigan-dna-find-in-unsolved-murder/

~snip~
Meanwhile, he is searching for a match to mitochondrial DNA found on a cardigan that was unearthed during a search of the Bayview home Mrs Dawson shared with her then husband Chris before her disappearance in January 1982, when she was 34 years old.

Last year Det-Sgt Loone sent the cardigan to a laboratory in Texas and received a response in May that identified a minute amount of mitochondrial DNA on it.
Det-Sgt Loone said he has obtained DNA samples from Mrs Dawson’s family, none of which matches the DNA found on the cardigan.

“So there’s an unidentified piece of mitochondrial DNA on the garment,” he said.
Mr Dawson, now aged 62 and living in Queensland, has never offered a sample of his DNA to the police.

“He’s always maintained his rights to silence, ever since the inquiry commenced,” Det-Sgt Loone said

From my understanding there were about 20 witnesses at the 2003 inquest and none at the 2001 inquest. I was of the same opinion she looks like a young carefree lady after she leaves the court.

I found something interesting about the DNA on the cardigan that was found buried. One indicates, the DNA was female and too contaminated to make a positive match with Lyn and the other indicates it was unidentified.

Lyn Dawson Cold case - Today Tonight Adelaide

"We're at the pool area on the premises where we intend this morning to dig with the possibility of a body being buried in this area.
Police and an anthropologist dug up a small area in the Dawson's back yard in 2002, 21 years after the event. They found a women's jumper in five pieces, the jumper clearly showed it had been slashed and stabbed 16 times.
DNA proved to be female blood but it was too contaminated to make a positive match with Lyn Dawson. Her body was never found and her husband Chris Dawson remains a prime suspect."

Australia - Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982

New update:
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/cardigan-dna-find-in-unsolved-murder/

~snip~
Meanwhile, he is searching for a match to mitochondrial DNA found on a cardigan that was unearthed during a search of the Bayview home Mrs Dawson shared with her then husband Chris before her disappearance in January 1982, when she was 34 years old.

Last year Det-Sgt Loone sent the cardigan to a laboratory in Texas and received a response in May that identified a minute amount of mitochondrial DNA on it.
Det-Sgt Loone said he has obtained DNA samples from Mrs Dawson’s family, none of which matches the DNA found on the cardigan.

“So there’s an unidentified piece of mitochondrial DNA on the garment,” he said.
Mr Dawson, now aged 62 and living in Queensland, has never offered a sample of his DNA to the police.

“He’s always maintained his rights to silence, ever since the inquiry commenced,” Det-Sgt Loone said

I fear any attempt to use the DNA findings from the jumper will be thrown out by the defence lawyers as the garment was clearly contaminated at the scene. In the footage there are at least 3 people digging at the site and handling the 'future evidence' all without wearing gloves.

that cardigan....
cut up slashed and stabbed.
looking forward to hedleys take on it.
so far it hasn't had a lot of air play so it must be coming.

very interesting drt.

Oh dear lord I think we are screwed

Check out today’s article in The Australian and the link between the DPP and Dawson

Nocookies

The NSW Director of Public Prosecutions was captain of Sydney’s Asquith Boys High School when murder suspect Chris Dawson taught there in 1984, and they knew each other through rugby league at the school.

Lloyd Babb SC says he previously alerted senior colleagues to his connection to both Mr Dawson and his twin brother, Paul, who also taught at Asquith.

In response to a list of questions from The Weekend Australianyesterday, Mr Babb also said he had distanced himself from all decision-making on the fate of Chris Dawson, a former star footballer with the Newtown Jets.

The connections will be examined more thoroughly in the next episode of The Teacher’s Petpodcast series, which is investigating Lyn Dawson’s probable murder in 1982.

Police have wanted to charge Mr Dawson with murder since coroners in separate inquests in 2001 and 2003 found he killed his wife Lyn and should be prosecuted. But the office of the DPP has repeatedly refused to prosecute.

Mr Babb said he had never provided any advice within the office about the case or to police before his appointment as the state’s top prosecutor in 2011.

“I played rugby league and had contact with both men in that limited context,” he said. “I had no involvement with either man in activities outside of school.”

Lyn’s sister Pat Jenkins and brother Greg Simms said they were stunned at the 1984 connection between the DPP and their former brother-in-law, Chris, who they accuse of Lyn’s murder.

There’s more in the article if you follow the link

Last edited:

Check out today’s article in The Australian and the link between the DPP and Dawson

Nocookies

The NSW Director of Public Prosecutions was captain of Sydney’s Asquith Boys High School when murder suspect Chris Dawson taught there in 1984, and they knew each other through rugby league at the school.

Lloyd Babb SC says he previously alerted senior colleagues to his connection to both Mr Dawson and his twin brother, Paul, who also taught at Asquith.

In response to a list of questions from The Weekend Australianyesterday, Mr Babb also said he had distanced himself from all decision-making on the fate of Chris Dawson, a former star footballer with the Newtown Jets.

The connections will be examined more thoroughly in the next episode of The Teacher’s Petpodcast series, which is investigating Lyn Dawson’s probable murder in 1982.

Police have wanted to charge Mr Dawson with murder since coroners in separate inquests in 2001 and 2003 found he killed his wife Lyn and should be prosecuted. But the office of the DPP has repeatedly refused to prosecute.

Mr Babb said he had never provided any advice within the office about the case or to police before his appointment as the state’s top prosecutor in 2011.

“I played rugby league and had contact with both men in that limited context,” he said. “I had no involvement with either man in activities outside of school.”

Lyn’s sister Pat Jenkins and brother Greg Simms said they were stunned at the 1984 connection between the DPP and their former brother-in-law, Chris, who they accuse of Lyn’s murder.

ooooooh
bingo thought so.
no don't loose hope c&l
exposure is good!!!!!!!!!
hopefully the arsehole will get the sack when they bow to public pressure to look deeper into why he wasn't prosecuted.
I call on he had nothing to do with it.

Nocookies

This is the guy who refused to bring charges in the Lynette ‘Norma’ Daley case. Both of the accused were later tried and convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221