Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we can judge the director of the DPP on past association with the Dawsons. The fact he has declared his associations and is stepping back from it shows he does have some integrity. I can't really comment on the Lynette 'Norma' Daley case because I never followed it prior to reading about the conviction. In the era we live, where there is media attention everywhere and ICAC looks into DPP briefs it would be risky for any favouritism.

Prosecution briefs with the DPP and outcomes - Independent Commission Against Corruption Website

I don't think we can judge the director of the DPP on past association with the Dawsons. The fact he has declared his associations and is stepping back from it shows he does have some integrity. I can't really comment on the Lynette 'Norma' Daley case because I never followed it prior to reading about the conviction. In the era we live, where there is media attention everywhere and ICAC looks into DPP briefs it would be risky for any favouritism.

Prosecution briefs with the DPP and outcomes - Independent Commission Against Corruption Website
fair call.

is interesting coincedence though that there is now an established connection and two coroners and a police brief urging charges constantly declined.

Only just listened to episode 12. Marilyn is certainly a piece of work. If her life was so damn perfect being married to the ‘better’ twin who had a better footy career, was the lead twin who gave Chris a helping hand in his studies and was such a great family man who provided for his family then what the hell did she have to say about the fact Paul admitted to sleeping with an ex student for months during her marriage. Mind you this is the only one we’ve heard him admit to. As to the way she spoke about Lyn her jealousy is clear. Did anyone else notice when she said something along the lines of she was worried for her own relationship because Chris was out with other girls. She cut herself short but I took it to mean that as the boys did everything together than if Chris was out with other boys than Paul maybe also. It was quite obvious where she was headed but she didn’t finish. I hope she rots in a jail cell along with her perfect husband and his twin

Only just listened to episode 12. Marilyn is certainly a piece of work. If her life was so damn perfect being married to the ‘better’ twin who had a better footy career, was the lead twin who gave Chris a helping hand in his studies and was such a great family man who provided for his family then what the hell did she have to say about the fact Paul admitted to sleeping with an ex student for months during her marriage. Mind you this is the only one we’ve heard him admit to. As to the way she spoke about Lyn her jealousy is clear. Did anyone else notice when she said something along the lines of she was worried for her own relationship because Chris was out with other girls. She cut herself short but I took it to mean that as the boys did everything together than if Chris was out with other boys than Paul maybe also. It was quite obvious where she was headed but she didn’t finish. I hope she rots in a jail cell along with her perfect husband and his twin
Pathetic mealy mouthed, person.

Late to the party. I do find it suspicious. There was no ICAC then, but there is now.

I was astounded at the arrogance and stupidity of some of her statements.
but there were a few times I also heard her stop herself from babbling. must have been a doozy for her to register to shut up :D:D:confused:
And still has jealousy and resentment over thirty years after she 'disappeared'. That is a real grudge. She must have deserved it.

full details of the relationship paul had with an underage school girl have a supression order on them but other students are coming forward and spilling the beans.
according to the article he shared her around his friends and his brother. charming.
all while sweet Marilyn baked muffins at home and waited for her big annual holiday camping trip an hour up the road in a borrowed tent.
such a lucky girl!
he's definitely a better catch than chris lmao

if anyone hasn't read this article on marilyns superior, dominate ,composed ,rational stud twin paul I suggest have a look.
he makes chris look like a catholic school boy :D

Nocookies

seriously you couldn't make this stuff up!!!:eek::eek:

If it doesn’t come out that some rugby league-playing (bad) ex-coppers aren’t involved in those incidents, I’ll be very much surprised.

wonder if any marriages are feeling the strain??

I’m sure they’ll stick together, that is, until the point of no return. Then they’ll be falling all over each other to get to the CASC and/or Unsolved Homicide Squad detectives before their partners, or mates, can.

Last edited:
IIRC the station might have been 2GB Sydney where (Hedley)? was saying that they have enouogh evidence to take it to court and was speaking about the new owners were renovating and Dawson was wanting to know where they were digging. There is a concrete slab there now.
That was the first time I heard about poor Lynette.
Its been a ridiculous amount of time and they must now look in to Lynette's death.

I'm not in the cutting-folks-slack business, and particularly not this particular DPP, I first read about Norma , as she was named then, while checking out the NSW coroners findings for each year, as one does when one has idle time , it was horrific, and when the two thugs were charged and went on trial, no thanks to this particular DP, it took precisely 46 minutes for the jury to find them both guilty of murder . 46 minutes, the fastest ever jury conviction in AU.

Which goes to show just how much evidence there was laying about while her family suffered, and suffered...

ANYways, … I digress.

This DP should sack himself.

full details of the relationship paul had with an underage school girl have a supression order on them but other students are coming forward and spilling the beans.
according to the article he shared her around his friends and his brother. charming.
all while sweet Marilyn baked muffins at home and waited for her big annual holiday camping trip an hour up the road in a borrowed tent.
such a lucky girl!
he's definitely a better catch than chris lmao

I am now wondering about the solicitor brother, just who he was leaning on and pulling strings with. The whole family is suspect, now, …

From the beginning , the spectre of Paul and Marilyn just wouldn't go away, all this palaver of how close they were, they did everything together, they went everywhere together, they ate together, had sex together, had sex together with the same girls, taught together, played rugby together, lived next door to each other, ye gods, on and on... you cannot help but conclude they did murder together.

It is difficult to imagine that Chris did it alone, his first solo idea, his first solo action, it defies logic, Kmac!!..

I'm not in the cutting-folks-slack business, and particularly not this particular DPP, I first read about Norma , as she was named then, while checking out the NSW coroners findings for each year, as one does when one has idle time , it was horrific, and when the two thugs were charged and went on trial, no thanks to this particular DP, it took precisely 46 minutes for the jury to find them both guilty of murder . 46 minutes, the fastest ever jury conviction in AU.

Which goes to show just how much evidence there was laying about while her family suffered, and suffered...

ANYways, … I digress.

This DP should sack himself.

Norma’s case is a bit of a sore point with me even now, Troops. I think the DP better get his finger out in Lyn’s case or I might just lose faith in him altogether.

I was astounded at the arrogance and stupidity of some of her statements.
but there were a few times I also heard her stop herself from babbling. must have been a doozy for her to register to shut up :D:D:confused:

she went into orbit about signing off on the insurance claim.. for sure, she did it, she did it for Chris, she never batted an eyelid, either, but oh no , she isn't going to admit it, no way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member