Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norma’s case is a bit of a sore point with me even now, Troops. I think the DP better get his finger out in Lyn’s case or I might just lose faith in him altogether.

oh even now, Bo.. now and forever, and for the life of me I will never figure out why it went the way it did, one look at those blokes should have been enough, I remember gagging and retching when I saw a photo of them .. god almighty!!..

if they get it together and find lyns body it will be a slam dunk.
chris has been hung out to dry by all those who intentionally were protecting him.
they are all alibied up (joanne paul and Marilyn) leaving him home alone with no alibi.
a 2 and 4 yr old likely were not even looked at for their accounts back then.
chris says in his original statements that he dropped lyn at the bus stop and then returned home to have breakfast with the little girls.

really?
can anyone really attest that a doting mum would leave for grocery shopping before she got the kids up and breakfast together?
this is his explanation for lyn not being around at brekky time.
could also explain him being seen maybe out in the car early in the morning?
and if so what could that mean?

the other dawsons although alibied away holidaying were only not even an hour and half away.

chris could have left sleeping children unattended till wake up time.

one thing I reckon we can be sure of he didn't sleep a wink that night.

if that phone call to chris at the pool was from MD std would register from Toowoon bay.
no matter what she said on the phone its likely she knew by then what had happened.
with no mobile phones back then wonder if chris hot footed it up the central coast through the night with or without the kids to get support to hatch a plan?
4 hours max he could have returned . 3 possibly.

as you say troop they were stuck at the hip , hard to believe he could pull all this off on his own?
jmo

jmo

What I have been trying to look at from a conviction point of view was how much evidence the DPP had in 2001 and 2003.

In the 2001 inquest there were no witnesses at the inquest. Hedley Thomas was there reporting for the Courier Mail. From a defence point of view I take out Joanne as a witness. Was she just a scorned ex-wife making up lies for revenge? It would be he said, she said. That is certainly what the defence would argue. Possible reasonable doubt?

The 2003 inquest where there were witnesses had more of a chance of success as there were about 20 witnesses. Others corroborated Joanne's account of Lyn's abuse. This should have had a bigger chance of succeeding. I am assuming with no body not enough evidence. At this point in time, they had used ground penetrating radar in 1990, 1991 and 1999 as well as digging in 2000. I wonder why Joanne directed them to the area around the pool at that stage rather than the 'soft soil'.

Now there are new people who would be witnesses such as Joe Cimono the concreter. Past students of Cromer high and other high schools in NSW where the twins taught.

I have been trying to look at this as fairly as possible doing research outside of the Australian Newspaper. Every time I come back to Lyn was a victim of domestic violence and she wouldn't leave her kids and Joanne moving in 2 days after Lyn went missing. There is no evidence of any other suspect.

Nocookies

I found this pictorial map of the connections for those that like pictures.
Nocookies

Nocookies

there isn't much out there beyond the Australian is there drt :-(
is there any way to know who the roughly 20 witnesses would have been in 2003?

just a small error that keeps coming up.
from police statements joanne didn't come back from south west rocks till the 15th.
he had five six days on his own and half of those according to PD they were away too.

from police statements joanne didn't come back from south west rocks till the 15th.
he had five six days on his own and half of those according to PD they were away too.
I have this note on a time line. That would fit into 15th.

January 10-11, 1982

One or two days after Lyn's no-show at the pool, Chris drives up the Central Cost to pick up Joanne and they return to Sydney. He asks Joanne to move in with him. He does not report Lyn missing until almost six weeks later. The reference is below from the picture towards the bottom of the screen 6/10

Nocookies

The podcast mentions 2, plus Joanne. I assume it counts some family members. I assume the 9 in the picture are all family members. At this point both of Lyn's parents died in 2001. The only Dawson family member present was the solicitor.

http://consumer.fairfaxsyndication.com/archive/PICEDITOR-SHDG-2F3XC5IAUGWM.html

Barbara Kilpatrick

A long-time friend of the Curtis family, now deceased. Barbara had known Joanne since she was a child, and gave evidence at the 2003 inquest.

Phil Day

Chris’s close friend from Sydney Boys High, now deceased. Phil was a groomsman for the Dawsons when they wed in 1970. Phil gave evidence at the second coronial inquest in 2003, saying that a few days before Lyn disappeared, Chris called and asked him to come to Northbridge Baths for a talk. Phil witnessed the interactions between Chris and Lyn’s mother Helena when Chris said that Lyn had phoned and needed some time away. Chris then asked Phil to drive Helena, Shanelle and Sherryn home to the Simms’ residence in Clovelly.

so if Helena took the kids home with her.....wonder how many of those 5 days CD spent on his own?

joanne flew up to south west rocks was it the 5th?
Marilyn and paul I don't think give us dates. but imply they were away when lyn went missing on the night of 9/10th.
also don't give specifics on when they actually returned.
Helena takes kids home with her on the 10th.
what does CD do for the next 4 days until he drives through that night to pick joanne up on the 15th.

Last edited:
I was so shocked to hear that Chris was the sex educator at Cromer high, and I don't know why it didn't twig to me, but in Chapter 11, there it is, Paul was the sex educator, too.. what a great time they must have had preparing their lessons together, because they did every thing together....

I should have known.

Those blokes must have thought they were being paid to knock off all the schoolgirls at Cromer High..

Last edited:
Today’s article in The Australian

DPP’s CONFLICT A SLAP IN FACE FOR LYNS FAMILY

Nocookies

Lyn Dawson’s family is seeking an apology from the NSW Director of Public Prosecutions Lloyd Babb SC for failing to tell it of his past connection to her husband and suspected killer, Chris.

The missing Sydney mother’s sister Pat Jenkins and brother Greg Simms yesterday sought a comprehensive explanation from Mr Babb and the office of the DPP after he told colleagues of his conflict of interest three years ago but not the family.

The Australian can reveal Lyn’s relatives wrote directly to Mr Babb about the case as far back as 2011, the year he was appointed DPP, and again in recent weeks.

Neither Mr Babb nor anyone else in the office of the DPP told the family that he had removed himself from any decision-making on the case because he was captain of Sydney’s Asquith Boys High School when Mr Dawson and his twin brother Paul taught there in 1984, and they knew each other at the time through rugby league.

Click the link for more

Nocookies

Lyn Dawson’s family is seeking an apology from the NSW Director of Public Prosecutions Lloyd Babb SC for failing to tell it of his past connection to her husband and suspected killer, Chris.

The missing Sydney mother’s sister Pat Jenkins and brother Greg Simms yesterday sought a comprehensive explanation from Mr Babb and the office of the DPP after he told colleagues of his conflict of interest three years ago but not the family.

The Australian can reveal Lyn’s relatives wrote directly to Mr Babb about the case as far back as 2011, the year he was appointed DPP, and again in recent weeks.

Neither Mr Babb nor anyone else in the office of the DPP told the family that he had removed himself from any decision-making on the case because he was captain of Sydney’s Asquith Boys High School when Mr Dawson and his twin brother Paul taught there in 1984, and they knew each other at the time through rugby league.

Click the link for more

Oops!

Nocookies

Click the link for more
how unprofessional
I already hoped he gets the sack over this.
if that kind of arrogance doesn't show bias I don't know what does
sack him!!!
:mad:

No one will get the sack. Look at that nonsense that went on between Brandis and the other attorney general. Now Brandis has been shipped off as ambassador of the UK.

No one will get the sack. Look at that nonsense that went on between Brandis and the other attorney general. Now Brandis has been shipped off as ambassador of the UK.
realise all this jen
however if he can be embarrassed heckled and shamed into a demotion I will be personally very satisified. ;)

yes it is disgusting what these bereaucrats get away with!!
:(
Michaela Cash still has not answered to anyone for tipping off the press to the AWU federal police raid. One of her staff took the fall for her and resigned but I bet that he is still employed on an outside contract as a 'consultant'.

Michaela Cash still has not answered to anyone for tipping off the press to the AWU federal police raid. One of her staff took the fall for her and resigned but I bet that he is still employed on an outside contract as a 'consultant'.

the difference in this contest, is, the victims were not political enemies of Lloyd.. they were women, in the electorate, taxpaying citizens, and LLoyd , inexplicably, decided to roll over on their mysterious deaths. Until , in one case, pulled over the coals by the relentless perseverance by her family and others, and hopefully, in Lynns case, the same result.

'NSW Director of Public Prosecutions Lloyd Babb SC for failing to tell it of his past connection to her husband and suspected killer, Chris Dawson'

A terrific and inexcusable oversight, . there simply doesn't exist any rational explanation, much less excuse for this total lapse of judgement and non-adherence to procedure.

the difference in this contest, is, the victims were not political enemies of Lloyd.. they were women, in the electorate, taxpaying citizens, and LLoyd , inexplicably, decided to roll over on their mysterious deaths. Until , in one case, pulled over the coals by the relentless perseverance by her family and others, and hopefully, in Lynns case, the same result.
I don't why it should be political, Gleeson was complaining about being shut out of things and having to ask permission to act for a government member. Unprecedented. If it was political, it was all on Brandis.
And yes, these were citizens and were entitled to know that the person they were writing to, was involved, but he had reclused himself and did not tell them that. It is disgraceful.
I so admire Lyn's family for keeping this going. I am not sure that I would have the fortitude for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc