Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part of Chris's statement to police. I do wonder if it was just insurance papers Marilyn was signing. I wonder if it really was Lyn that opened the bank account and got the bank card. There was probably only one piece of ID required to open a bank account in 1982. You certainly didn't need photo ID.

"Prior to Christmas, Lyn had opened her own bank account and bankcard. Statements for January show she made purchases at Katies - Narrabeen on 12.1.82 and on February’s statement 27.1.82 Just Jeans - Narrabeen. No further statement or payments were made on that account or arrived here."

Nocookies

This is part of Chris's statement to police. I do wonder if it was just insurance papers Marilyn was signing. I wonder if it really was Lyn that opened the bank account and got the bank card. There was probably only one piece of ID required to open a bank account in 1982. You certainly didn't need photo ID.

"Prior to Christmas, Lyn had opened her own bank account and bankcard. Statements for January show she made purchases at Katies - Narrabeen on 12.1.82 and on February’s statement 27.1.82 Just Jeans - Narrabeen. No further statement or payments were made on that account or arrived here."

Nocookies
considering lyn is accounted missing (we know dead) from 9Th and joanne is at south west rocks till 15th only leaves two viables options for the purchase imo.
MD used the card and rang chris or ...
have the thought that CD killed three birds one stone......went to narabeen….1/ + 2/. used lyns card to support her still being in existance and also back up the Ive heard from lyn theory.
3/. bought something for joanne on lyns card (the charming miser strikes again!)

considering lyn is accounted missing (we know dead) from 9Th and joanne is at south west rocks till 15th only leaves two viables options for the purchase imo.
MD used the card and rang chris or ...
have the thought that CD killed three birds one stone......went to narabeen….1/ + 2/. used lyns card to support her still being in existance and also back up the Ive heard from lyn theory.
3/. bought something for joanne on lyns card (the charming miser strikes again!)
Option 3, methinks.

all goes together jenhthe fact the purchase was for joanne was simply more vile despicable cruelty thrown at lyn.
jmo
It is pretty obvious to me that Lyn was setting up an escape route out of that marriage. Maybe not then, but at some point in time. He did not want to share. Misers never do. What was his was his and what was hers was his too. I lived with a pathological miser for 25 years who would accuse me and his children of stealing $2 out of his king of the counting house jar.

It is pretty obvious to me that Lyn was setting up an escape route out of that marriage. Maybe not then, but at some point in time. He did not want to share. Misers never do. What was his was his and what was hers was his too. I lived with a pathological miser for 25 years who would accuse me and his children of stealing $2 out of his king of the counting house jar.
There are a couple of things that have been playing on my mind. There was an agreement drawn up by the real estate agent to sell the house a 2 Gilwinga drive Bayview signed 21 December 1981. The copy in the link below does not show Lyn and Chris' signatures. Chris and Joanne started driving to Queensland 2 days later. Was Chris going to sell the house get his half and buy a property in Queensland? Would Lyn have still "gone missing" if Joanne had agreed to go to Queensland?

"By the end of 1981, Chris Dawson wanted to sell the Bayview home, as this sale agreement, dated December 21 of that year, shows. Chris and Joanne drove to Queensland two days later to start a new life together, but along the way Joanne changed her mind and decided she wanted to take a break. The couple returned to Sydney in time for Christmas. Less than three weeks later, Lyn vanished."

Nocookies

Bank Card was the card of choice or often the only option someone had for credit card. In 1981 you went into a bank to withdraw money. If it was your local bank they would generally know you. If it wasn't they would check your signature probably more closely. The signature was normally in your passbook account. If Lyn opened an account it would probably be quite local to Bay View. Bank Cards had the chunky machine process that would imprint the card. The proof would be signature. Narrabeen is the next suburb to Cromwell (convenient in my opinion). I am not sure if it was an escape route or pre-meditation.

There are a couple of things that have been playing on my mind. There was an agreement drawn up by the real estate agent to sell the house a 2 Gilwinga drive Bayview signed 21 December 1981. The copy in the link below does not show Lyn and Chris' signatures. Chris and Joanne started driving to Queensland 2 days later. Was Chris going to sell the house get his half and buy a property in Queensland? Would Lyn have still "gone missing" if Joanne had agreed to go to Queensland?

"By the end of 1981, Chris Dawson wanted to sell the Bayview home, as this sale agreement, dated December 21 of that year, shows. Chris and Joanne drove to Queensland two days later to start a new life together, but along the way Joanne changed her mind and decided she wanted to take a break. The couple returned to Sydney in time for Christmas. Less than three weeks later, Lyn vanished."

Nocookies

Bank Card was the card of choice or often the only option someone had for credit card. In 1981 you went into a bank to withdraw money. If it was your local bank they would generally know you. If it wasn't they would check your signature probably more closely. The signature was normally in your passbook account. If Lyn opened an account it would probably be quite local to Bay View. Bank Cards had the chunky machine process that would imprint the card. The proof would be signature. Narrabeen is the next suburb to Cromwell (convenient in my opinion). I am not sure if it was an escape route or pre-meditation.

I recall on one of the podcasts, Chris Dawson hated Lynn getting a Bankcard . In those days, the banks gave you one if you were a home owner.. People were very innocent about Bankcards then...

It is interesting that that sale notice, then the running off with Joanne … looks like Chris was trying to consolidate his assets and sweep up his debts, and Lynn got well and truly in the way. . When you read it like this, DRT, you can see that Chris had to kill Lynn.. He had run out of options.

I recall on one of the podcasts, Chris Dawson hated Lynn getting a Bankcard . In those days, the banks gave you one if you were a home owner.. People were very innocent about Bankcards then...

It is interesting that that sale notice, then the running off with Joanne … looks like Chris was trying to consolidate his assets and sweep up his debts, and Lynn got well and truly in the way. . When you read it like this, DRT, you can see that Chris had to kill Lynn.. He had run out of options.
Thanks Trooper. I think now that you say it, I do remember about the Bank Card being in the pod cast. It looks like the signatures must be deliberately cut off from the sales document probably for privacy/security reasons.

The Teacher’s Pet podcast hits No 1 on US iTunes podcast charts
The Teacher's Pet is now No1 on the US iTunes.
1:15PM AUGUST 8, 2018

‘The Teacher’s Pet, the investigative podcast series by The Australian, has reached No 1 on the US iTunes podcast charts.’

‘There have been 1.3 million downloads in the US alone, with total downloads reaching six million overnight.’

Nocookies

Nocookies

ok my smart friends out there.

what shall it be,,, mr dpp??

declared 2011 or 2015?????

ooooooh boy

what ya'all think!!!!!

oo ummm. I don't think he can survive two astonishingly negligent matters. One... perhaps . Two.. no. No, I don't think so .

He is, or surely he should be, on rocky ground since Norma, it leaves him open to suggestion of gender bias, both these cases being women.. He doesn't seem to make a mistake when it's a man, that will be , I suppose, the legitimate catcall.

Wishful thinking on my part.. I don't have a lot of admiration for the current Gladys regime .

Assuming that most of us here had never heard of Lyn Dawson since this year with the podcast, I thought I would go through the news database and see whether there was publicity on the case between 2011 and 2015.

This is what I have found:
The picture is mentioned in the podcast however it is directly pointed out as a reason that Lyn wouldn't have just disappeared.
Painting picture of woman murdered

Increase in reward.
Lynette Dawson: police offer reward over missing Sydney mother

It also gets mentioned at 60 in Manly Daily's top 110 of 110 years.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

You bet Chris and Paul knew their phones had been bugged. Their mates on the force were keeping them informed IMO

Today’s article in The Australian

Nocookies

going back and listening to the chapter 'Momentum' again, I was struck by how very careful and vague Paul was in his interview with the police, .. you can bet he knew what he'd be asked. Because his answers were sooooooooo vague, so uncheckable , really... ( 'I was down the coast... borrowed a caravan..... Lynn's upbringing...) his complete denial of any knowledge of Joanna in the carnal manner, .. you know he's lying!.

Why are they still walking free? How many allegations does it take? Are the three of them still free to hightail it out of the country beyond the reach of Australian authorities. As far as I know there would be nothing preventing them at this point in time. I hope Chris' 3rd wife is asking a hell of a lot of questions or is she meek, mild and battered like the last two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc