Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
c&l you answered your question with your immediate post before.:(
INSIDE information.
such well hated isolated introverts that nobody liked.....EXCEPT the dopey coppers running the show idolised them.
scary times we have lived.:confused::confused::confused:

going back and listening to the chapter 'Momentum' again, I was struck by how very careful and vague Paul was in his interview with the police, .. you can bet he knew what he'd be asked. Because his answers were sooooooooo vague, so uncheckable , really... ( 'I was down the coast... borrowed a caravan..... Lynn's upbringing...) his complete denial of any knowledge of Joanna in the carnal manner, .. you know he's lying!.
I did the same listened to Momentum again as I wait patiently (ok I admit it not so patiently) as I check the feed (still not there).

The things I noted: Cromer High ex-students had low expectations that police would do anything.
All Hedley Thomas's police interviews were from witnesses and I think they were from transcripts so I am guessing tone is a bit different.
Joanne was present at the visits to the old home at the outside renovations and Kirsten was in Joanne's arms so that indicates timing of the visit after January 1985.

IMO the central coast holiday was a figment of a creative imagination by Paul.

Lyn was not overtly affectionate and Chris did most of the mothering was a laughable comment by Paul.

The "waiting so long to produce them" comments about Lyn and Chris's children doesn't quite sound like having children. Comment by Marilyn.

(Chris) is the "most important person to him other than his wife and family". Once again how could anyone not love Marilyn (cough).
Rechecks feed "You have no unplayed episodes".

In their earlier days playing with Newtown, Chris and Paul Dawson associated with police and crime figures, including drugs trafficker and teammate Paul Hayward, who was the brother-in-law of contract killer Arthur “Neddy” Smith.

Old mate Paul Hayward would have had the knowledge and means to supply Chris with the ingredients for A LOVELY DRINK to enable Chris to have his way with the babysitter without fear of Lyn springing them.

What's the bet he was never interviewed either

In their earlier days playing with Newtown, Chris and Paul Dawson associated with police and crime figures, including drugs trafficker and teammate Paul Hayward, who was the brother-in-law of contract killer Arthur “Neddy” Smith.

Old mate Paul Hayward would have had the knowledge and means to supply Chris with the ingredients for A LOVELY DRINK to enable Chris to have his way with the babysitter without fear of Lyn springing them.

What's the bet he was never interviewed either

Ya think? *smh* There’s a book you can read about this time in Sydney’s gangland history. I’ll have to remember the title and post it here. It gives a real insight into the corruption in the NSW Police Force and bent coppers’ collusion with Sydney criminals. Hopefully, that environment has changed for the better in NSW now.

Last edited:
I know it's ridiculous but the tone and inflections of the voice of the woman playing the role of Joanne in episode 13’s podcast made it impossible for me to have any empathy for her whatsoever.

I guess it's also her actual replies to Chris' brother when on the stand that for me paints her as a cold, uncaring CHILD really. Incapable of love for those children. Her responses were what I would expect from a nineteen year old. Prime example when asked why her handwriting was different from Lyn’s her reply was ‘because I’m not Lyn’. I just wanted to slap her

I know it's ridiculous but the tone and inflections of the voice of the woman playing the role of Joanne in episode 13’s podcast made it impossible for me to have any empathy for her whatsoever.

I guess it's also her actual replies to Chris' brother when on the stand that for me paints her as a cold, uncaring CHILD really. Incapable of love for those children. Her responses were what I would expect from a nineteen year old. Prime example when asked why her handwriting was different from Lyn’s her reply was ‘because I’m not Lyn’. I just wanted to slap her

Ugh! What a self-absorbed child she really was.

Most of the tones and inflections of the podcasts are actors from that episode. While Hedley Thomas was at the 2001 inquest and did have notes at the time, the podcast has the ability to sway people in a particular direction for or against particular players. Having said that it didn't sway my feelings about Joanne.

Joanne didn't feel she had a choice and didn't know her choices. An abusive step-father or a sympathetic teacher who was assisting her. People have called Joanne naive. I think I would go further than that. If someone even has a thought of hiring a hitman and doesn't do it because it could hurt innocent people he is not considerate (cheap maybe) the fact that the thought went through his head and he went to a further step of actioning it makes him evil. When Lyn disappeared and Joanne didn't associate the two show her level of intelligence.

In some ways, particularly with Peter Dawson attacking Damian Loone rather than asking real questions why the DPP might have been a bit concerned over getting a prosecution.

Most of the tones and inflections of the podcasts are actors from that episode. While Hedley Thomas was at the 2001 inquest and did have notes at the time, the podcast has the ability to sway people in a particular direction for or against particular players. Having said that it didn't sway my feelings about Joanne.

Joanne didn't feel she had a choice and didn't know her choices. An abusive step-father or a sympathetic teacher who was assisting her. People have called Joanne naive. I think I would go further than that. If someone even has a thought of hiring a hitman and doesn't do it because it could hurt innocent people he is not considerate (cheap maybe) the fact that the thought went through his head and he went to a further step of actioning it makes him evil. When Lyn disappeared and Joanne didn't associate the two show her level of intelligence.

In some ways, particularly with Peter Dawson attacking Damian Loone rather than asking real questions why the DPP might have been a bit concerned over getting a prosecution.

I realise she was an actor as I noted in my post. I'm just saying intentional or not the use of that actor did not do anything to endear Joanne to the listener. Perhaps that was intentional of Hedley

Joanne without a doubt was all about Joanne albeit easily manipulated. She comes across as not highly intelligent, easily swayed and insecure in her early years yet self absorbed as well. I'm on the fence regarding the report of the hit man. The timing seems too coincidental with her custody battle just around the corner.

Last edited:
I realise she was an actor as I noted in my post. I'm just saying intentional or not the use of that actor did not do anything to endear Joanne to the listener. Perhaps that was intentional of Hedley

Joanne without a doubt was all about Joanne albeit easily manipulated. She comes across as not highly intelligent, easily swayed and insecure in her early years yet self absorbed as well. I'm on the fence regarding the report of the hit man. The timing seems too coincidental with her custody battle just around the corner.

I was not disagreeing with or correcting what you were saying and I apologise if it came across that way. I am with you on some of the information from Joanne's testimony. I do think that some of it might have been stretched or untrue.

I have a noted that Joanne left Chris in February 1990 and then initiated divorce proceedings. The 2001 inquest was reported on by Hedley 10 March 2001. Joanne received custody of Kristen and a property settlement.

"In November 2001, the DPP decided not to proceed with the charge."

Australian Story - Looking for Lyn

I was not disagreeing with or correcting what you were saying and I apologise if it came across that way. I am with you on some of the information from Joanne's testimony. I do think that some of it might have been stretched or untrue.

I have a noted that Joanne left Chris in February 1990 and then initiated divorce proceedings. The 2001 inquest was reported on by Hedley 10 March 2001. Joanne received custody of Kristen and a property settlement.

"In November 2001, the DPP decided not to proceed with the charge."

Australian Story - Looking for Lyn

No worries DRT. All good here.
Are you suggesting Joanne was lying or that Hedley is depicting her in a less than favourable light? I’m agreeing with both. I definitely think she told a few untruths in her testimony and Hedley’s reinactment of it has certainly not done Joanne any favours

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members