Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent point troop.
she got chris to DRIVE her to the bus stop so she could pretend to go shopping while secretly absconding from her life into ablivion :confused::confused:

it doesn't make sense, and another woman would have seen it didn't make sense, too

I was so truly appalled at St Ursula's school girls being encouraged to write to the newspapers in defence of their sports teacher, the one who actually said , at her tender age of 14 , that his wife just wanted attention!.. imagine paying the fees at St Ursula's ( about $6000 a year , $13,000 for boarders ) to have your girl child's head filled with this nonsense!!..

I agree with jen I don't think those points were lost on the male detectives.
if they can not join the dots about those sort of things they shouldn't be in the game.
but maybe a female detective might not have been star struck by a stupid football player??
that is where it unravels for me. the boys club crap. turning a blind eye to information blind freddy can see screams alarm bells.
jmo

it doesn't make sense, and another woman would have seen it didn't make sense, too

I was so truly appalled at St Ursula's school girls being encouraged to write to the newspapers in defence of their sports teacher, the one who actually said , at her tender age of 14 , that his wife just wanted attention!.. imagine paying the fees at St Ursula's ( about $6000 a year , $13,000 for boarders ) to have your girl child's head filled with this nonsense!!..
truly maddening !

if they can not join the dots about those sort of things they shouldn't be in the game.
but maybe a female detective might not have been star struck by a stupid football player??
that is where it unravels for me. the boys club crap. turning a blind eye to information blind freddy can see screams alarm bells.
jmo
Yes, that was my point too, but also that they may have been engaging in the same behaviour as him.

truly maddening !

going back thru the podcasts, it was mentioned that the Dawson family were Catholic, and it occurred to me that there must have been some heavy rope pulling to get these two men into the Catholic school system after their eventual bad odour with the State system, which has to be how Chris Dawson got the job at an all girls boarding college .

Again, putting the fox in charge of the henhouse, but in those days, and probably still , it seems to be a requirement that in order to advance thru the Catholic teaching system, there has to be some illegal sexual activity with children in the background... runs on the board, so to speak.

And interestingly, the third Mrs Dawson didn't get on with Paul and Marilyn, ( whoda thunk ? ) which is why Chris was living 9 hours away up in Yeppon, I think.

jmo

( my italics )
I think those points were lost on the NSW detectives, because they were seeing it thru a male perspective, a sort of male fantasy where an unwanted wife does everyone a favour and runs off to join a religious commune, leaving everything to the husband... that 's WHY they didn't join up the dots..

going back thru the podcasts, it was mentioned that the Dawson family were Catholic, and it occurred to me that there must have been some heavy rope pulling to get these two men into the Catholic school system after their eventual bad odour with the State system, which has to be how Chris Dawson got the job at an all girls boarding college .

Again, putting the fox in charge of the henhouse, but in those days, and probably still , it seems to be a requirement that in order to advance thru the Catholic teaching system, there has to be some illegal sexual activity with children in the background... runs on the board, so to speak.

And interestingly, the third Mrs Dawson didn't get on with Paul and Marilyn, ( whoda thunk ? ) which is why Chris was living 9 hours away up in Yeppon, I think.
ooh tell us more about mrs number 3 troop?
that's interesting...anything more?
ive never heard anything about this relationship

How Peter Dawson was able to hi jack that inquest , although, as things turned out, he didn't hi jack the coroner, who summed it up as murder of Lynnette by Chris in no uncertain terms is, I can only think , was because the Sim's family didn't have a solicitor , or even better, a barrister to represent them , who would have thrown out Peter Dawson as being too close, and still legally related to the Sims family, (his nieces were their nieces and grandchildren, divorce doesn't sever that tie )

And that tie would have been enough , so it's a pity they didn't engage one.

It was very clever of Chris and Paul and Marilyn ( Marilyn particularly ) to stay as far away from each inquest as was possible. To turn up would have put each of them in the position of being compelled onto the stand, by the coroner, who has terrific power in his/her own court. Paul Dawson would have been able to do nothing about that, so it was probably his advice that kept them well and truly absent.

But ,you know, an innocent bloke would want to know! that 's what you'd reckon.

Just the fact that no curiosity seemed to have bothered them , about Lynn and her disappearance, that the flimsy fact of perhaps a religious guy in the neighborhood going door to door was enough for the three of them to accept deeply and so very very quickly, that Lynn had left them forever , never to return, no matter what, …. such a strange and strong belief based on such flimsy and unsubstantiated evidence ...

ooh tell us more about mrs number 3 troop?
that's interesting...anything more?
ive never heard anything about this relationship
oooo it was just a passing mention in Chapter 13, . that after Joanne's departure, an unhappy and unwanted outcome , according to Chris, apparently he took up with a teacher at the school, which must have been a nice change from taking up with the schoolgirls, but unfortunately, as things sometimes go awry, the 3rd Mrs C Dawson didn't get on with either Paul or Marilyn....

well I wonder why.... but there it is, and she and Chris moved on to Yeppoon, which was the first time Chris had lived without his brother, come to think on it. But he talked about him all the time!.... as one does.

More about Mrs C #3 I don't know, ,but I have a feeling we will be told more!..

oooo it was just a passing mention in Chapter 13, . that after Joanne's departure, an unhappy and unwanted outcome , according to Chris, apparently he took up with a teacher at the school, which must have been a nice change from taking up with the schoolgirls, but unfortunately, as things sometimes go awry, the 3rd Mrs C Dawson didn't get on with either Paul or Marilyn....

well I wonder why.... but there it is, and she and Chris moved on to Yeppoon, which was the first time Chris had lived without his brother, come to think on it. But he talked about him all the time!.... as one does.

More about Mrs C #3 I don't know, ,but I have a feeling we will be told more!..
oh wow
ill have to listen to it a third time I missed that....
wonder what else i did haha :confused:

Also what struck me, in Chapter 13, was this big fight re the divorce between Joanne and Chris, and all the bitterness that Chris told everyone about, how Joanne was a fabricator of ridiculous yarns, had, as it's foundation, Chris applying for sole custody of Kristen!

In those days, this was a major aberration, it was sensibly believed that up to a certain age, children were better off with their mother, unless she was a drunk or a drug addict, etc, ( adultery wasn't considered a crime negating motherhood , or fatherhood ) ..and let's not forget , Kristen would have only been about 5, or 6, maximum, and yet Chris wanted ownership. I suspect because Paul had 3 girls and Chris couldn't see himself having less .

So Chris fighting for custody must have resulted in some outrageous claims by Chris.... he would have had to spin one hell of a yarn, and I gathered he didn't succeed, but he put a lot of money and effort into it.. has to be a reason for that .

well of course he wanted custody of Kristen. Otherwise he would have had to pay a mandated court amount in maintenance. He would lose control of his own budget, and have no say in how his money was spent, whether on food, or clothing or whatever his daughter needed. Joanne would have control.

Since, apparently, the only grounds he had was that Joanne had left him, which, since no fault divorce came in, is enough, he had to try another tack. Going for custody.

I wonder who took the rings off Lyns fingers? Her or him?

I think Paul.. maybe even Marilyn.

One day, maybe one day soon , Chris is going to break down and tell some sympathetic detective how yes, it happened like this, it was Paul's idea, Paul has always been the leader, and how Paul and Marilyn and he sorted it out, how it was done, by the three of them and how they supported each other after...

While he went down to south west Rocks to pick up Joanne , Paul and Marilyn buried Lynns body.... how they stonewalled Lynns family for decades..how Marilyn tried to lay a false trail with the bankcard, and phone calls..... .

Last edited:
I don't think that he or they will ever tell anyone unless they can make it Lyn's fault.

they've been doing that for 36 years, but it's now coming apart at the seams.. I hold out great hope that one of them will conk out under this kind of pressure that's being applied now, from so many angles, and so many sources.

they've been doing that for 36 years, but it's now coming apart at the seams.. I hold out great hope that one of them will conk out under this kind of pressure that's being applied now, from so many angles, and so many sources.
They will have to make up some story that Lyn went completely bonkers and was trying to kill Chris and the kids. How else could they make her death, her fault?
I wonder where she is? There is a lot of virgin bushland between Sydney and South West Rocks.

They will have to make up some story that Lyn went completely bonkers and was trying to kill Chris and the kids. How else could they make her death, her fault?
I wonder where she is? There is a lot of virgin bushland between Sydney and South West Rocks.

and having made that threat, and tried to kill the kids, he calmly drives her to the bus stop to do some shopping.

Sure. You can see how that will fly .

I don't think she is buried in their house property, I did for a while, but they were pretty quick to sell up and jig on up to the Gold Coast.

That's a long way away from retaining control of a place where people live in very close proximity.

The visiting of the property by Chris I can now see as more as checking up for the sake of vindication of where she is actually hidden, more than a checking up on if she might be found by the new owners.

a body could be rolled up in a tarp , or a blanket and transported in a borrowed caravan, towed behind the car and taken on a 'holiday down the south coast... '. sort of like Paul and Marilyn did.

It's not as if one has to have the body in the car with the kids and the doggie and all the eskies.…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris