Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought we would get additional episodes of The Teacher's Trial. But nothing for 5 weeks now. Are subscribers getting additional episodes?

I would like to listen to the judge's findings once again. Do we know if it will be available anywhere online?

W28 tells us LD was at the rugby club on that Friday night, when her mother believed she was speaking to her on the phone, at home, with CD. I wonder what LD was doing at the club without her husband, 5 years after he finished playing for them?
I am sure there would have been closer places for a pokie fix.

According to google maps it is 54 minutes via the M1 from Bayview or 50 minutes from Warriewood. Obviously this would be longer by bus since Lyn didn't drive.
2 gilwinga drive bayview to newtown rugby league

50 min (40.6 km) via Wakehurst Pkwy

To protect their personal and professional reputations, some gamblers make sure they gamble far from home, to greatly reduce the chance of local gambling venue workers or customers in that venue that might know them, seeing them gambling, or entering a gambling venue.

I think this might be the (written) verdict. I haven't read it all, just flicked to the end.

R v Dawson [2022] NSWSC 1131 (30 August 2022)

I was looking for the downloadable version of the document which someone published before here and I downloaded.

Instead I found two other judgements relating to the judge only trial and the suppression orders.

This details the reason for the suppression and relates to the influence on the carnal knowledge charge. The specifics of the dates relate to it being in the second half of school year before school ended. 12 December must have been the last day of school for that year in NSW. Maroubra was where his parents lived.

"However, the indictment in the carnal knowledge trial is in the following terms:

“On a day between 1 July 1980 and 12 December 1980, at Maroubra in the State of New South Wales, [Christopher Michael Dawson] did unlawfully and carnally know [JC] a girl above the age of 10 years and under the age of 17 years, namely 16 years and who was at that time a pupil of the said Christopher Michael Dawson.”

I found this amusing.

"The material deposed to by Ms Nygh concerning the searches and search results obtained by her using the term “Chris Dawson Murder” returned literally several million results. It is simply not possible to neutralise this type of publicity. Suppression of what amounts to a less sensational version of the same material that it is anticipated will be led in the context of Mr Dawson’s trial is therefore said to be effectively futile."

This is off his solicitor's website

To protect their personal and professional reputations, some gamblers make sure they gamble far from home, to greatly reduce the chance of local gambling venue workers or customers in that venue that might know them, seeing them gambling, or entering a gambling venue.
Hi guys Lynette didn't go there to pay a poker machines she didn't gamble

Hi guys Lynette didn't go there to pay a poker machines she didn't gamble
Hi. Did Lynette even go inside the venue? You said you only saw her outside as you were both leaving--but if the two of you were the only customers, how could you not have seen her inside?

And I keep coming back to the timing. You were leaving. What's your sense of how long you were there before you left? Was it daylight when you arrived? Afterwards you went on to another venue--so perhaps it wasn't very late, not after midnight for example.

Hi. Did Lynette even go inside the venue? You said you only saw her outside as you were both leaving--but if the two of you were the only customers, how could you not have seen her inside?

And I keep coming back to the timing. You were leaving. What's your sense of how long you were there before you left? Was it daylight when you arrived? Afterwards you went on to another venue--so perhaps it wasn't very late, not after midnight for example.
I got there by taxi was daylight still had two beers inside no one was there I went to call for a taxi to the right side inside building against the wall and then went outside.. I noticed it was dark as soon as I got the glass door and glass side large windows that goes around the staircase that goes upstairs wasn't really looking for anyone inside the league club because no-one was there, when outside and waited for the taxi then Lynette came out

I got there by taxi was daylight still had two beers inside no one was there I went to call for a taxi to the right side inside building against the wall and then went outside.. I noticed it was dark as soon as I got the glass door and glass side large windows that goes around the staircase that goes upstairs wasn't really looking for anyone inside the league club because no-one was there, when outside and waited for the taxi then Lynette came out
I saw her about 8:30 9pm that night taxi arrived at the city city RSL in George Street went upstairs long to the top stairs and signed in met some people had some beers about 20 to 10 9.40pm

Reactions: JLZ
If she'd been doing something else in the general area, she might have gone into the club just to make a telephone call, and then it was a convenient place to wait for her lift?
I saw her about 8:30 9pm that night taxi arrived at the city city RSL in George Street went upstairs long to the top stairs and signed in met some people had some beers about 20 to 10 9.40pm
Thank you!

If she'd been doing something else in the general area, she might have gone into the club just to make a telephone call, and then it was a convenient place to wait for her lift?

Thank you!

According to google maps it is 54 minutes via the M1 from Bayview or 50 minutes from Warriewood. Obviously this would be longer by bus since Lyn didn't drive.
2 gilwinga drive bayview to newtown rugby league

50 min (40.6 km) via Wakehurst Pkwy
If Lynette had to go somewhere Chris or Paul would have range the driver to take her if they were busy? Because she did not drive.

If Lynette had to go somewhere Chris or Paul would have range the driver to take her if they were busy? Because she did not drive.
I was wondering if you thought Chris was only an accessory after the fact.

No it was planned carried out like an operation, each one play their part
Do you think it's possible that Chris invited Lynette to a 'sexy'/romantic dinner that night, and that Lynette was told that the planned meeting point for her and Chris that night was at/in that Newtown Leagues Club?

Surely you wouldn't have been the only person to witness Lynette at the Club that Friday night?
Particularly with so people there that summer holidays night.
Lynette would have stood out somewhat, compared to a busy normal Friday night, if there were so few people there that night.

Maybe who you saw at the Club that night, was possibly the same person (that looked a lot like Lynette Dawson) that some of the Dawson family claim to have seen on different occasions, at different locations, after that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back