Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Back in Thread #4, Page 47, there was a post about a "Mystery Witness No28" who had not been subpoenaed. Is it known why he was not called to give evidence at the trial?
You'd have to ask the prosecutors that!
But it didn't help so many stories about the Hitman, sorry scenarios

Does anyone know of any details around the appeal?

After reading most of the verdict, I'm struggling to even wonder what the defence's argument could be...

...an earthquake...a terrible flood...locusts perhaps?

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any details around the appeal?

After reading most of the verdict, I'm struggling to even wonder what the defence's argument could be...

...an earthquake...a terrible flood...locusts perhaps?

I just had a look, and I think all he has done is file an Intention to Appeal, which should be done early.

The Intention to Appeal form is not yet looking for a specific reason(s) for the appeal.

I imagine they can probably withdraw the intention, if they can't come up with a reason that will warrant an appeal.

Lodging a Notice of Intention to Appeal (NIA)
You must lodge your NIA within 28 days of being sentenced.
If you want to appeal your conviction, you do not have to wait until you are sentenced. You should lodge the NIA for a conviction appeal straight away and, if you want to appeal the sentence later as well, you can do this too by lodging another NIA for a sentence appeal.
The effect of lodging your NIA is that you tell the court you are thinking about appealing and then the court gives you 12 more months to actually lodge an appeal.

A guide to indictable appeals - Legal Aid NSW

I just had a look, and I think all he has done is file an Intention to Appeal, which should be done early.

The Intention to Appeal form is not yet looking for a specific reason(s) for the appeal.

I imagine they can probably withdraw the intention, if they can't come up with a reason that will warrant an appeal.

Lodging a Notice of Intention to Appeal (NIA)
You must lodge your NIA within 28 days of being sentenced.
If you want to appeal your conviction, you do not have to wait until you are sentenced. You should lodge the NIA for a conviction appeal straight away and, if you want to appeal the sentence later as well, you can do this too by lodging another NIA for a sentence appeal.
The effect of lodging your NIA is that you tell the court you are thinking about appealing and then the court gives you 12 more months to actually lodge an appeal.

A guide to indictable appeals - Legal Aid NSW
Ahhh thanks SouthAussie!

Well they've come this far....there's no harm in them trying i spose...$$$

The driver never looked at me he looked at the ground, car park ,he walked around the side of the van he walked the end of the van, other side then got in, remember it's night-time 8:30 9 pm he reversed at speed jerked and took off a speed, no lights turn left fast and drove up the street with no lights.... I stood there shocked for 10 to 20 seconds
You said you remember the way he treated her that night. That's not really "treating her" any type of way, that's just driving like a hoon. Was there more to it?

Christopher Dawson case returns to Supreme Court on Thursday this week - 10th Nov - Submissions on Sentence​

renderTimingPixel.png

10 Nov12:00 pm2018/00372527R v CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL DAWSON CriminalSupreme CourtSubmissions on SentenceJustice I HarrisonSupreme Court SydneyLaw Courts Building
Court 13A Queens Square Sydney1

Christopher Dawson case returns to Supreme Court on Thursday this week - 10th Nov - Submissions on Sentence​

renderTimingPixel.png

10 Nov12:00 pm2018/00372527R v CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL DAWSON CriminalSupreme CourtSubmissions on SentenceJustice I HarrisonSupreme Court SydneyLaw Courts Building
Court 13A Queens Square Sydney1
How likely is it that this will be live streamed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back