Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here and remember that the following Order has been issued in relation to these current live proceedings:

By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The Court Security Act 2005 restricts the use of recording devices, and the unauthorised transmission/distribution of court proceedings/recordings. Restrictions may apply under the Coroners Act 2009. Breaches of Court Security Act 2005 and the Coroners Act 2009 may constitute a criminal offence. Failing to comply with a Court’s order may constitute the offence of contempt of court.

ADMIN REMINDERS:

Do not discuss other members. Everyone is here to discuss the case, not critique other members. Such posts are off topic and will be removed and there may be Warning Points issued or more serious consequences.

ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.

Thank you.

He is still claiming not to have listened to the podcast or watched the YouTube of the last inquest back in February! And yet his whole family have now been interviewed by police on this whole ordeal !
Wouldn’t that make you curious to know what youve been dragged into if you were as innocent as he say he is !! I know I would want to know what it was all about if it was me !

Personally, I thing RB's insistence that he stored Marion's belongings has two purposes. Either they found evidence of her belongings associated with his family OR he is afraid they did.

AND to create an alternate culprit - that of the pilot she ran off with overseas.

When women disappear, statistics lean towards it being at the hands of their partner. So it's in RB's best interest to give the idea he was not her last lover. IMO.

I also noticed he is adamant that he never went to Brisbane. Which is coincidentally where Marion changed her name to FNMR.

And also that he constantly speaks about using the bus depot. Which is coincidentally where Marion was last seen.

Personally, I thing RB's insistence that he stored Marion's belongings has two purposes. Either they found evidence of her belongings associated with his family OR he is afraid they did.

AND to create an alternate culprit - that of the pilot she ran off with overseas.

When women disappear, statistics lean towards it being at the hands of their partner. So it's in RB's best interest to give the idea he was not her last lover. IMO.

I also noticed he is adamant that he never went to Brisbane. Which is coincidentally where Marion changed her name to FNMR.

And also that he constantly speaks about using the bus depot. Which is coincidentally where Marion was last seen.
Actually I thought he may have slipped up at one point because he firstly said "Transit Centre" which is what Roma Street was called (Brisbane Transit Centre). I am not sure that the Surfer's Paradise bus depot was called Transit Centre in those days. something to follow up!

I mixed up the man who was supposed to go with Marion to pick up the boxes with a removalist company who was supposed to have dropped the boxes off.

So the old man, was supposed to be a delivery driver.

I had that fantasy too.

Mine was a Boyd print hanging on a wall which they traced back to the sale to Marion, through the limited edition number.

My fantasy is that they searched his home with a warrant, took extensive videos of the interior and Sally identified objects that were Marion's. Yep, I know. Just my fantasy.

Excellent question by the Coroner!

He and Marion's flights out of Australia were just days apart.
He knew she was going overseas around that time.
So when did he know when he was going?
Did they not discuss being overseas at the same time?

The national registration system for Driver licences came into being in 1997

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member