Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, even if you weren't involved.
He hasn't been charged with anything, I remind myself.

But the fact that police would speak to you and you get called to appear at an inquest, makes it even more certain that you would try and find out as much as you can about the case, from any source.

Even if you weren’t “involved”. Like if I found out there was a podcast one of my exes going missing, I’d be listening to it! (Or friend or acquaintance even!)

We're talking about luggage.

Lol, sneaky Smith. He waited until RB was practically comatose with exhaustion from concocting a lie, and then asked, 'did you tell Marion to store her luggage at Heathrow?'

RB said he wasn't in the UK with Marion so he couldn't have given her those instructions.

Again - please ask him about Florabella!

We're talking about luggage.

Lol, sneaky Smith. He waited until RB was practically comatose with exhaustion from concocting a lie, and then asked, 'did you tell Marion to store her luggage at Heathrow?'

RB said he wasn't in the UK with Marion so he couldn't have given her those instructions.

Again - please ask him about Florabella!
I thought it went like this:

Smith: Did you go to Heathrow Airport with Marion Barter?

RB: No, I never saw her til/until she picked up her belongings from my place.

If he did say “til” then that was a huge slip that he DID see her after she went overseas… rather than “since” which would align with his story of having last seen her when she picked up the boxes BEFORE the trip.

I thought it went like this:

Smith: Did you go to Heathrow Airport with Marion Barter?

RB: No, I never saw her til/until she picked up her belongings from my place.

If he did say “til” then that was a huge slip that he DID see her after she went overseas… rather than “since” which would align with his story of having last seen her when she picked up the boxes BEFORE the trip.
I missed that! :eek:

What a piece of S#&T. So extremely frustrating for everyone concerned. I am positive that he thinks that he can bamboozle everyone just as he has obviously done to his past victims. He has wasted SOOOOOOO much time sounding like a broken record (repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat)
He is a financial drain on not only the court system but our welfare system. I wonder if his wife was still claiming the carers pension while he was jet setting across to the other side of the world. Welfare Fraud to be sure, to be sure!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19