Australia Australia- Nanette Ellis, 41, newspaper ad manager, car vandalized, fatally stabbed @ home, Boronia, 10 Feb. 1984, *New initiative, $500K reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1707585550876.png
1707585570898.png
By Mikala Theocharous
Feb 10, 2024
''Homicide detectives have made a renewed appeal for answers on the 40th anniversary of a Melbourne mother's death.
Then 41-year-old Nanette Ellis was stabbed to death in her home on Manuka Drive, Boronia, on February 10, 1984.''
''A reward of $500,000, offered on the 30th anniversary of the murder, is still available for any information that leads to the prosecution of the people/persons responsible.''

''Ellis had left home to go to work at a local newspaper, where she was an advertising manager, on the morning of February 10.
She had made plans with her co-workers to go out to dinner that evening.

At 5.15pm that night, a witness saw her yellow 1983 Toyota Corolla sedan pull into the driveway of her home on Manuka Drive.

The mother was attacked after arriving at the home by an unknown offender/s, and was stabbed multiple times.''
''In the days leading up to the murder, Nanette was victim to several rock-throwing attacks on her car, while she drove to and from work.''

Last edited:
''Ms Ellis's family also issued an appeal to the public to help them find "closure".

"She was a caring mother, daughter, sister and aunt, and would have no doubt been a wonderful grandmother had her life not been cut viciously short. At the time her life was simple and honest – it revolved around her work and raising her two sons, and her passion for art in the expression of painting.''

Feb 10 2024 rbbm Very lengthy.

''Speaking at a press conference, Greg Ellis said he, his brother Craig and sister Janet “need to find justice on behalf of our mother”.
“It is 30 years to the day since our mother Nanette was taken from us on February 10, 1984, following a series of stalker-like incidents,” he said.''
For operational reasons they are not able to outline the new information obtained during the current review of the case.
But detectives consider it to be an important breakthrough which may lead to a conviction
over the 1984 stabbing murder of Ms Ellis, 41.
That new information could provide vital corroborating evidence if the $500,000 reward flushes out any suspects.''

''Forensic evidence suggests her killer surprised her from behind, stabbing her in the neck outside her bedroom door.

Ms Ellis bravely fought back and tried to escape by running through the house towards the back door.

The fact the knife cut through her vocal cords meant she was unable to scream for help or alert neighbours as her killer chased her.''

“My investigations have revealed that prior to, during and after the time that Ms Ellis had these incidents occur to her motor car, numerous other incidents occurred at the same location, and nearby, where other motor cars of various colours and brands were hit by stones and damaged.''

I’ve dedicated the last ten years to this case. I am a local , less than a 5 minute walk from Nanette’s house. This case has haunted me more than any other. I would give anything for Nanette’s family to see justice. I have obtained the publicly available homicide file from the PROV , spoken to locals living nearby at the time.. read the witness statements… still no closer to an answer.

I hope that the anniversary and recent $500k reward will bring results, but I’m afraid that those who do know who committed this vile repugnant murder ( of an innocent beautiful mother) will remain silent.

Please ,if you do know the smallest of details, come forward. There’s so many people desperate for answers.

View attachment 482376
View attachment 482377
By Mikala Theocharous
Feb 10, 2024
''Homicide detectives have made a renewed appeal for answers on the 40th anniversary of a Melbourne mother's death.
Then 41-year-old Nanette Ellis was stabbed to death in her home on Manuka Drive, Boronia, on February 10, 1984.''
''A reward of $500,000, offered on the 30th anniversary of the murder, is still available for any information that leads to the prosecution of the people/persons responsible.''

''Ellis had left home to go to work at a local newspaper, where she was an advertising manager, on the morning of February 10.
She had made plans with her co-workers to go out to dinner that evening.

At 5.15pm that night, a witness saw her yellow 1983 Toyota Corolla sedan pull into the driveway of her home on Manuka Drive.

The mother was attacked after arriving at the home by an unknown offender/s, and was stabbed multiple times.''
''In the days leading up to the murder, Nanette was victim to several rock-throwing attacks on her car, while she drove to and from work.''
Thank you for reposting and bringing awareness to this harrowing unsolved case. Nanette’s murder is both emotionally and physically close to home for me. The same year Margret and Seana Tapp were brutally murdered, very close to Nanette’s home. These two unsolved murders have haunted and obsessed me for a decade. I’ve done extensive research into both of these cases, and would dearly love to see the families get justice.
The Tapp double murder got significantly more media attention than Nanettes at the time… and it would be truly incredible if we could give the Ellis family some answers this year.
If anyone wants to pm me regarding details, I’m happy to answer any questions ( I have spent almost a decade researching both cases)
I am not portraying myself as an expert and I’m not privy to details unavailable to the public- but I’m deeply passionate , local and have a burning desire to bring peace to the family.

Thank you for reposting and bringing awareness to this harrowing unsolved case. Nanette’s murder is both emotionally and physically close to home for me. The same year Margret and Seana Tapp were brutally murdered, very close to Nanette’s home. These two unsolved murders have haunted and obsessed me for a decade. I’ve done extensive research into both of these cases, and would dearly love to see the families get justice.
The Tapp double murder got significantly more media attention than Nanettes at the time… and it would be truly incredible if we could give the Ellis family some answers this year.
If anyone wants to pm me regarding details, I’m happy to answer any questions ( I have spent almost a decade researching both cases)
I am not portraying myself as an expert and I’m not privy to details unavailable to the public- but I’m deeply passionate , local and have a burning desire to bring peace to the family.
Hi I would like to talk to you about Nanette's case please. I'm interested in the articles you have saved of her murder. have been reading your posts dating back to 2014 have also been researching her case since it happened.

I’ve dedicated the last ten years to this case. I am a local , less than a 5 minute walk from Nanette’s house. This case has haunted me more than any other. I would give anything for Nanette’s family to see justice. I have obtained the publicly available homicide file from the PROV , spoken to locals living nearby at the time.. read the witness statements… still no closer to an answer.

I hope that the anniversary and recent $500k reward will bring results, but I’m afraid that those who do know who committed this vile repugnant murder ( of an innocent beautiful mother) will remain silent.

Please ,if you do know the smallest of details, come forward. There’s so many people desperate for answers.
The reward should have been raised to a million very disappointed it wasn't for the 40th anniversary of her murder

Attachments

• Nanette in colour.jpg
    Nanette in colour.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Nanette in colour 1.jpg
    Nanette in colour 1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi I would like to talk to you about Nanette's case please. I'm interested in the articles you have saved of her murder. have been reading your posts dating back to 2014 have also been researching her case since it happened.
Welcome to Ws @The Hills have eyes!
Not the poster you were addressing, just happy more eyes are on this bewildering case.

The 30 Year Cold Case of Nanette Ellis - #4​

AUSTRALIAN TRUE CRIME

Welcome to Ws @The Hills have eyes!
Not the poster you were addressing, just happy more eyes are on this bewildering case.
yes thankyou for posting this have been doing searches on Nanette's case for years even on Way back machine and this is the first time this has ever come up on Google or any search engine!! So its been bumped back into the searches again thankfully due to her anniversary on the 10th Feb 2024 :'( you know they have Nanette's fingernails and scrapings kept and all the DNA from that night collected. It's still viable and needs to be retested.

''Golden State Killer: World-renowned cold case investigator Paul Holes wants to help with WA’s unsolved crimes​

Phil HickeyThe West Australian 27 February 2024
''A world-renowned cold case investigator who was instrumental in cracking one of America’s most notorious serial killer cases wants to help WA Police with their biggest unsolved crimes.
Paul Holes became a household name in the US after helping solve the notorious Golden State Killer case.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back