Australia Australia - Sam Wilson, 51, mother - Unsolved Murder in Victorian High Country, 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

srper2

Reaction score
Sam Wilson disappeared in 2018 and she was not heard from for nine months, when her body was found in a remote bush area. During this time, nobody reported her missing. When Sam's body was found at the lonely bush site, police were presented with a wall of silence. Nobody had any information to offer. Sam separated from her partner, David Grady several months before her disappearance and he was among those questioned over her death.
The 53-year-old mother vanished from her home in Victoria’s High Country and not a single person had reported her missing to police.

Sam Wilson, murdered and her body dumped in lonely bush site:
upload_2021-3-15_12-16-55.jpeg

upload_2021-3-15_12-20-58.jpeg

Sam Wilson's former partner David Grady (right) was among those questioned over the mum's death.

I have found no information on the cold cases site for Victoria Police and Sam's murder appears to have been quickly forgotten. There is a murderer walking free and nobody appears to have been concerned that another woman had disappeared and been found murdered.
I can only find one report on the case, which is unfortunately paywalled:
No Cookies | Herald Sun

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-15_12-20-45.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-15_12-20-45.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 17
Hmm, Herald Sun reported that Dave Grady's home is in the Abbeyard area. Also reported is that police believe Sam's body had been moved to the location in Abbeyard that it was found.....
No Cookies | Herald Sun

This Daily Mail link has pictures of the remote area Sam's body was found in:
Woman’s body believed to be missing local is found in remote bush on edge of Victorian Alps | Daily Mail Online

@srper2 I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this case, now that a 55 year old man has been arrested for 2 counts of murder in the missing campers case?

It seems that the Police have just not bothered to follow up on this case and let it become a cold case with no intentions of finding out what happened...

It's really sad, like everyone has forgotten about Sam. I wonder if it's worth ringing Crimestoppers or contacting the media in order to get her case looked at again?

I hope some more news outlets take some interest in Sam's death. So sad that she died and nobody noticed or cared and even the news outlets don't seem to be interested. It was reported that she was threatened online and she may have been murdered by poisoning and her body dumped. Nobody reported her missing and if hunters hadn't stumbled across her remains nobody would have known she was dead.

Daily Mail. Not behind a paywall.

A Victorian mum found dead in bushland at the edge of the state's Alps eight months after she mysteriously vanished was surrounded by a collection of strange items.

What exactly happened to Trayse Lee Whittaker, 54, might never be known after a coroner could find no cause of death despite a jar labelled 'poison' found next to her.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez
Back