GUILTY Australia - Samantha Fraser, 38, Suspected Homicide, Phillip Island VIC - 23 July 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep :rolleyes:
Let's keep protecting these cowards. So much time, energy and resources spent protecting MURDERERS! What about protecting these women BEFORE they're MURDERED!

Then the cost to 'taxpayers' in keeping these 'persons' safe, before and during trial.:(:(

Below, is how this woman lives in fear, yet these men are still out there.
Such incidents are everywhere.

‘I don’t want to be the next Tara Brown,' says Queensland mother
Alison Brown
6 hrs ago
Since she left Ronald, she needs to see who is coming and going at all times, and cannot tolerate anyone approaching her from behind.

The family have had to move home three times in three years and are now living at a secret location. When they go out to dinner, they make bookings under false names. Under a current court order, Ronald is barred from coming within 100 metres of Julie, her current husband David, their children, the schools they attend or a nearby cafe.
Julie opened up to Fairfax Media and described the beatings she took during her pregnancies, to the point she thought she may miscarry or die. She was kicked, punched and spat on. She had a knife held to her stomach and had her hair pulled back so hard that her neck cracked, requiring medical treatment.

Years of covering up deep bruises with long-sleeved tops and living in fear of severe beatings took their toll. She left Ronald while pregnant with their second child with just the clothes in which she was standing.

Then the cost to 'taxpayers' in keeping these 'persons' safe, before and during trial.:(:(

With above, I was expressing the cost, to taxpayers, regarding domestic violence.
Of course, these women need protection.
These men, who commit 'domestic violence', if there is evidence, should be placed on a deserted island, and let them sort things out, together.

Victims of domestic violence have welcomed a state opposition proposal to establish a disclosure scheme. @justinemack9 #9News.

On Channel 9 News Tonight, it was stated 7 women were killed in the last 11 weeks.
Samantha Fraser, and Ms Rowley's cases were referred to.

Last edited:
Tonight Current Affair, Channel 9 at 7pm will feature a report about Samantha Fraser.
They keep reporting on this stuff, but nothing changes. Men who almost beat their partners to death get months in jail and the ones that do manage to kill them, get a few years and are out and about doing it again.

‘He stalked her’: System ‘let down’ mum found dead in own home

‘The friends of a woman allegedly murdered by her estranged husband are demanding to know why she died after she had done so much to try to stay safe.’

‘Ms Fraser's friends have said she was "in fear most of the time" as her relationship with Mr Basham deteriorated.

"Whenever he was home, she was worried about her safety," friend and colleague Alice Bradley said.

Ms Fraser ultimately left Mr Basham while he was away, but police will allege that his behaviour only grew more frightening.

"He stalked her, he followed her, he had access to her phone I believe, and so she had no freedom, no personal space," Ms Bradley said.

Ms Fraser installed new deadbolts on the house, and her parents moved in with her.

However, Ms Bradley said Mr Basham had been making threats.

"That he had contacts high up in the police force and that if she went to the police nothing would happen," she said.

Friend Patrice Mahoney said "everybody" who knew Ms Fraser was worried.

Mr Basham was already facing five assault charges for allegedly attacking the mum.

Friends say Ms Fraser did go to the police several times and made statements, but did not always feel they were listening.

"The system let her down and didn't protect her," Ms Bradley said.

"I'm just so angry this has happened again. An articulate, intelligent, beautiful woman has been killed, and it's been allowed to happen again? This is just wrong."’

‘Mr Basham has been remanded in custody and will front court again in January 2019.’

‘The friends of a woman allegedly murdered by her estranged husband are demanding to know why she died after she had done so much to try to stay safe.’

‘Ms Fraser's friends have said she was "in fear most of the time" as her relationship with Mr Basham deteriorated.

"Whenever he was home, she was worried about her safety," friend and colleague Alice Bradley said.

Ms Fraser ultimately left Mr Basham while he was away, but police will allege that his behaviour only grew more frightening.

"He stalked her, he followed her, he had access to her phone I believe, and so she had no freedom, no personal space," Ms Bradley said.

Ms Fraser installed new deadbolts on the house, and her parents moved in with her.

"That he had contacts high up in the police force and that if she went to the police nothing would happen," she said.

Mr Basham was already facing five assault charges for allegedly attacking the mum.

Friends say Ms Fraser did go to the police several times and made statements, but did not always feel they were listening.

"I'm just so angry this has happened again. An articulate, intelligent, beautiful woman has been killed, and it's been allowed to happen again? This is just wrong."’

‘Mr Basham has been remanded in custody and will front court again in January 2019.’
BBM, Maybe those particular police could explain that. There is still a boys club with some police.

Prior to Samantha Fraser's death, her husband had 5 assault charges for attacking her.

Prior to Samantha Fraser's death, her husband had 5 assault charges for attacking her.

Unbelievable that he was walking free, isn’t it tmar? If he had been locked up (as he should have been in my opinion) Samantha would still be alive and her children wouldn’t be without their mother.

<respectfully snipped>

‘The friends of a woman ... are demanding to know why she died after she had done so much to try to stay safe.’

... police will allege that his behaviour only grew more frightening...

"He stalked her, he followed her, he had access to her phone ... she had no freedom, no personal space," Ms Bradley said...

Friends say Ms Fraser did go to the police several times ... made statements, but did not always feel they were listening. "The system let her down and didn't protect her," Ms Bradley said...

Last edited:
Did 'the system' let her down? or did those specific Police she made statements to let her down?
Should they be held accountable by VICPOL command?
Blaming 'the system' is not always applicable IMHO. It dilutes accountability. There may be elements of a 'boys club' mentality, but unless we hold those specific Police accountable, we are not contributing towards positive change in small parts of 'the system'.
My opinion only.

Did 'the system' let her down? or did those specific Police she made statements to let her down?
Should they be held accountable by VICPOL command? Blaming 'the system' is not always applicable IMHO. It dilutes accountability. There may be elements of a 'boys club' mentality, but unless we hold those specific Police accountable, we are not contributing towards positive change in small parts of 'the system'. My opinion only.

I agree. I also think that there should be no difference in the processes and penalties for assaults occurring in domestic relationships and those in any other, or between ‘strangers’ for that matter. Can you imagine an offender walking free after assaulting anyone outside a domestic relationship five times? I can’t.

Adrian Basham charged with ex-wife Samantha Fraser's murder in Cowes
Excerpts:
"... A post-mortem was conducted, and she was found to have suffered “assault injuries”.
Police were investigating whether the crime scene was tampered with...
Ms Fraser was found with serious facial injuries...
Local police initially considered her death a suicide...".

Mr Basham has been charged with murder and remanded in custody. He will front court again in January 2019.’

"I'm just so angry this has happened again. An articulate, intelligent, beautiful woman has been killed, and it's been allowed to happen again? This is just wrong." Ms Bradley said.

What had the alleged murderer done to lead Police to initially consider Samantha Fraser's death a suicide? How had he tampered with the crime scene? More information to come IMO.

Adrian Basham charged with ex-wife Samantha Fraser's murder in Cowes
Excerpts:
"... A post-mortem was conducted, and she was found to have suffered “assault injuries”.
Police were investigating whether the crime scene was tampered with...
Ms Fraser was found with serious facial injuries...
Local police initially considered her death a suicide...".

Mr Basham has been charged with murder and remanded in custody. He will front court again in January 2019.’

"I'm just so angry this has happened again. An articulate, intelligent, beautiful woman has been killed, and it's been allowed to happen again? This is just wrong." Ms Bradley said.

What had the alleged murderer done to lead Police to initially consider Samantha Fraser's death a suicide? How had he tampered with the crime scene? More information to come IMO.
BBM. Unbelievable! All these women beating themselves to death.

Only about three years ago, my downstairs tenant tried to take out a restraining order on her partner. I had heard big rows going on and once tried to let me take the baby to a neutral place when he was holding it and trying to get in his car, drunk with it. She called the police, and I retreated.
The police came to visit me the next day to find out what was going on. They asked me, who was causing the trouble, her or him and does she provoke him? I was astounded at this point in time, that they asked that.
I am sure that she did argue with him with words, but she did not deserve to be punched in the face and have her baby in the arms of a drunk lurching around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably
Back