Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to worry, Dyball's committal is only two days away. I will be surprised if we do not at least get news that they have both been committed to trial after that, as the brief of evidence has been ordered to be ready for that day.

Until then, may they both sit in jail and think about what they have allegedly done to Sam, and his family, and to their own families. Though I think it is possible they may both just think about what they have done to themselves. I hope this Mothers Day weighs very heavily on them both.

His case will return to court on May 15 but Dyball will not have to appear in court.
Magistrate Mark Bucknall ordered that a brief of evidence be ready by that day.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/918749247c4347e9ac8c9d2f0debc974

Not to worry, Dyball's committal is only two days away. I will be surprised if we do not at least get news that they have both been committed to trial after that, as the brief of evidence has been ordered to be ready for that day.

Until then, may they both sit in jail and think about what they have allegedly done to Sam, and his family, and to their own families. Though I think it is possible they may both just think about what they have done to themselves. I hope this Mothers Day weighs very heavily on them both.

I don't know why you think May 15 is the committal? (I may have missed something. But) I wouldn't think they'd be scheduling a committal if the brief of evidence hadn't been completed yet. If Dyball and lawyer haven't seen the evidence, they may not have decided how to plead. If that's the case, nobody yet knows whether there will need to be a committal or how long it will likely take. I don't think courts tie up their resources planning something of uncertain length that may or may not happen.

I don't know why you think May 15 is the committal? (I may have missed something. But) I wouldn't think they'd be scheduling a committal if the brief of evidence hadn't been completed yet. If Dyball and lawyer haven't seen the evidence, they may not have decided how to plead. If that's the case, nobody yet knows whether there will need to be a committal or how long it will likely take. I don't think courts tie up their resources planning something of uncertain length that may or may not happen.

Yes, you are right. My apologies. It seems it is likely a committal callover, as Boscaino's apparently was. In preparation for a case conference to try to expedite the matter. Then on to the committal.

I found this flow chart that may help us to understand the process in Qld. Though it doesn't explain a callover ... I found callover information here. http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/85691/mc-pd-9of2010.pdf

2yo1lzd.jpg

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/148768/court-processes.pdf

Sending out love to all the Mums today...

Especially those whose families have been affected by drugs...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5240_1024x768.jpg
    5240_1024x768.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 178
9am it is..hopefully we may hear something today.
3f317842100af5cca8bcdac03e639f38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So nothing in the media/news about these hearings then? Aren't these committal hearings to decide if this is going to go on to a Trial? Maybe the lawyers need more time or something?

This is strange we will have to keep checking dates. Although I still think it may take up to a year if they both are pleading not guilty, to have full committal. There seems to be no news ?? It's odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is strange we will have to keep checking dates. Although I still think it may take up to a year if they both are pleading not guilty, to have full committal. There seems to be no news ?? It's odd

I agree it is odd. Not really sure what kind of hearings etc. they have there, but they tend to not reveal too much in the Aussie system after someone is arrested and charged with a serious crime. Wish it was more like the U.S. system where there is an arraignment hearing where the felon enters a guilty or not guilty plea. They are usually entering into a plea of not guilty so the lawyers can prepare for Trial. But in Aus. no idea what's going on with that?

Ok I've found some info on call over lists. From my understanding of the attached link..........
1. Both parties may have been charged with a registry committal as it is a "serious offence"
2. The charges must be indictable
3. The defendant must be represented
4. The two parties must agree on the offence and evidence presented
5. The charges can be deferred for 28 days (committal call over) if there are issues with the above
6. If the committal is granted, an order is sent to the higher court for trial or sentencing (not guilty or guilty plea)
- it appears that the committal was declined hence the committal call over being required

That kind of clears some of the confusion up [emoji4][emoji4] maybe?? Lol

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/court/court-services/registry-committal/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Slinky I think they will have a couple call overs, usually due to all sorts of things they usually end up being called "mentions" I think it's sometimes related to not all info available in time, witness statements not ready, applications to get things omitted or permitted etc - I think these examples and more contribute to the drawn out committal process. Although the positive may end up being an overwhelming amount of evidence that persuades them to deal ?? I find not much info happens between now and then but I would have expected a small write up about the past dates.

O/T When I look at Ashley Dyballs eyes they look completely blank. Even when he came home and was hugging his parents eyes were empty of emotion.
All of the photographs look like that, like the 'thousand yard stare' common with veterans and PTSD.

O/T When I look at Ashley Dyballs eyes they look completely blank. Even when he came home and was hugging his parents eyes were empty of emotion.
All of the photographs look like that, like the 'thousand yard stare' common with veterans and PTSD.
As previously discussed those photos were taken after being hel in custody for a week in Germany, an international flight to Melbourne , a red eye flight to Brisbane and 3 hours of questioning by the feds at 3 am. I think none of us would be looking spritely after that sort of ordeal.
Yes I agree about the PTSD. I followed his journey in Kurdistan and know him through my son and sadly watched the" life" drain from his eyes over time.

Yes...We have mentioned this many times throughout these threads and have provided pics as well.

O/t but how would I find out why someone's name was on a court listing list? I found a name I was surprised to see and can not find out why

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

O/t but how would I find out why someone's name was on a court listing list? I found a name I was surprised to see and can not find out why

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

There is an application process via the qld government website I think I saw while looking the other night.
But you have to have a pretty good reason for the application to be approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As previously discussed those photos were taken after being hel in custody for a week in Germany, an international flight to Melbourne , a red eye flight to Brisbane and 3 hours of questioning by the feds at 3 am. I think none of us would be looking spritely after that sort of ordeal.
Yes I agree about the PTSD. I followed his journey in Kurdistan and know him through my son and sadly watched the" life" drain from his eyes over time.

I don't know if any of that previous stuff about AD going overseas will be admissable at a trial though? I remember in Tostee's murder trial that none of his previous behaviours came into his murder trial. His trial was in Qld. too. It will probably only be any evidence pertaining to ST's murder case and for the state to prove intent IMO.

It is even difficult for those that kill while under the influence of drugs or alcohol to use that as a defense from what i have read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member