Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for Sharon.

How can a lady who is a teacher, mother, grandmother just go missing now for nearly 10 months.

No, it's not looking good.

Agree TGY. Am also wondering why the family isn't keeping it out there in the public arena and asking for help etc to find her. It has been too quiet for too long. I wonder if JE has been released yet? maybe that might lead to some progress.....

Agree TGY. Am also wondering why the family isn't keeping it out there in the public arena and asking for help etc to find her. It has been too quiet for too long. I wonder if JE has been released yet? maybe that might lead to some progress.....

I assume it's because they know, and are just waiting until the police have enough evidence to be able to make a charge stick.

Police have said he is not a suspect though.
I assume it's because they know, and are just waiting until the police have enough evidence to be able to make a charge stick.

Husband acting like 'guilty man' after wife Sharon Edwards' disappearance

"Specifically he said that he was paranoid that the police had 'bugged' his house with cameras," the facts state.
When Edwards saw some police cars on the road and thought his house was going to be searched again, he bundled up his guns and "threw them all around the place".
"I've driven around, just tossed them off the side of the road," he told police.
Edwards later detailed his actions to his son Zac, who encouraged him to go to police.
Court documents reveal Edwards then led police to the locations where he dumped the weapons, some of which were inside plastic cylinders.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/husband-a...on-edwards-disappearance-20150924-gjtycg.html

I don't know why, but I've just never really felt that JE was responsible for Sharon's disappearance. I feel that some of his behaviour is due to the fact that he knows he is under such scrutiny - would he really tell his son about his foolishness with the weapons if he was guilty? His comments in the story linked above sound pretty genuine to me as well - not that that means anything as I often think I'm suckered in by first impressions and don't like to assume the worst about people.
It's so sad that there doesn't seem to have been any real progress made in the investigation - unless of course there has been and we just aren't aware yet. I get why folks think it's a DV situation that led to her disappearance - especially without any other hints to go by as well as the fact that her lifestyle hardly seems likely to have led her into any high risk situations.
Have we ever heard anything at all about the person/persons she had been out with on the evening she disappeared?

I believe police discounted the involvement of the evening out friends almost immediately.

SEPTEMBER 15, 2015 3:09 PM

THE husband of missing NSW teacher Sharon Edwards, has been jailed for a string of firearms offences after police uncovered his gun stash in bushland.

John Wallace Edwards was sentenced to 12 months’ jail, with a non-parole period of three months after he confessed to police that he had hidden firearms in bushland around Grafton.

The 60-year-old made the confession less than a month after reporting his wife missing.

It’s believed he hid the firearms after his wife’s disappearance.

http://www.mygc.com.au/husband-of-missing-nsw-teacher-jailed/#

Looks as if he will not be out before Christmas now.

Bumping for Sharon

Its Christmas and this woman is still missing.
So many loved ones must be missing her at this time.
It's heart breaking.
It could happen to any one of us mothers, grandmothers and friends.

Bumping for Sharon.

Karen Chetcuti from Victoria has gone missing under similar circumstances but I'm sure will be solved sooner than poor Sharon. How can a loved mother, grandmother and teacher go missing without a trace.....

I wonder if Sharon came across someone on parole and like Karen Chetcuti is hidden and burned somewhere in scrubland.
Like William Tyrrell......I wonder where.

I fear Sharon died in very similar circumstances as Karen Chetcuti.

Where is Sharon?
Where is William?

This world bloody sucks!

Sharon has been missing close to one year now.

Sharon could be the lady next door to anyone of us in any town.

This is truly horrible this lady remains missing.

Bumping for you Sharon.....please receive our cyber love and hugs.

I was hoping to come in here and find that Sharon or her body had been found by now.

Is there anyone on here from the Grafton area who might be able to help us out with any information? Even the tiniest bit?

I was hoping to come in here and find that Sharon or her body had been found by now.

Just read on social media its Sharon's birthday today. So heartbreaking there has been no news on this case in a long time. Still thinking of you Sharon and hope your family get some answers soon.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It's been 12 months tonight since Sharon went missing. Heartbreaking there is still no news. Thinking of you every day Sharon. We used to play tennis together in Lawrence - well, more against each other! Such a beautiful, caring person. Please come home. Hope your family get answers soon too. So hard for them. Hope someone is brought to justice if that's what has happened. I don't understand how anyone could hurt another human being. What a sad world we live in sometimes x

Article from today's Daily Examiner (Grafton newspaper) - http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/march-14-201510-11pm-sharon-edwards-is-last-seen-a/2963371/

I'm do sorry DaisyGirl66 :( I really hope answers come soon.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back