Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, June 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should the family and BB community have to wait 1-2-3 years for the coronial enquiry to start. We are a wealthy country. Just employ more professionals to reduce these wait times for the sake of the families of missing persons. The timeframe for William Tyrrell is a joke. And so is 20 years to arrest someone.

Sparks can you run for prime minister next election. I love your passion :)

Go back and look at my post again. Post #156. I have edited it to include the link and where in the podcast to listen to what Ken stated.

Ken apparently has all of the police notes, timeline and other relevant information - at the courtesy of the NSW police.

(If you research PI rules of conduct, as I did last night, you will find that the police are not obliged to give Ken anything at all. Ken is under the same privacy restrictions as the general public. His skills should be how to find things out from 'open sources'.)
Ken says he has received all of the documentation from the family, not the police.

Oh we could chew on this one for wayyy too long. My fingers are twitching. Let’s resume focus.
Sure, I'll just make the point that if Theo's family was asked to rate the authorities on a scale on 1 to 10, it would be pretty low, while the score for the local community would be very high. It shouldn't be that way.

This pic is from the app called Aus phone towers
Towers Near Me gives the signal strength / coverage.
Last I looked I think I recall that the water tower strength was poor. There's also line of site with Clarkes being in a bit of a gully. Congestion can cause towers to swap but you'd ping trying.

Last edited:
IMO the most interesting/important time frame is what's gone on between Cheeky Moneys and the recreation grounds. From memory he was at the grounds for around 7 min before heading off towards Milne Track. Personally I doubt he would take himself alone on a cold night on the path he did simply by choice. Also being on drugs could certainly encourage erratic behaviour/poor decision making but it's not going to give you local knowledge of bush tracks and the ability to coherently response to messages from family and show some kind of interest in how to get back to his accommodation. I believe he either ran into trouble at the rec grounds and made off in that direction or met up with someone who guided him. Just my 2 cents.

Actually he just says “they” but it’s unclear whether he’s referring to family or police. Apologies. I just assumed it was from the family.

In all honesty I would have to listen again as I had someone talking to me the whole time POD was on LOL

In all honesty I would have to listen again as I had someone talking to me the whole time POD was on LOL

When I listened again it is not clear to me either who the records came from, though my initial impression had been from the police. Likely because later on in the podcast Ken says how he is liaising with the police and telling them what he is doing.

And an article I read last night said that it is illegal for the police to give information about people to PIs. It is not clear, to me, if it is also illegal for the police to supply PIs with telecomms records or other data ... but it seems that it might be, as one would presume that the records or data are considered to be pertaining to a person.

“It’s illegal for police to give information about people to private investigators,” she says. “In the old days [PIs] would just call in a favour from their copper mates. Times have changed now. These days the skill of a private investigator is working out how to get that information via open source techniques. I’m very aware of the things I have to do to abide by the law.”

So how far are PIs allowed to go in their covert surveillance of your life?
Actually, they have no more powers than you or me. They are not privileged to any information not legally obtainable by the public. Neither are they required to undertake professional development or show any real evidence of their competency.

NoCookies | The Australian

Last edited:
When I listened again it is not clear to me either who the records came from, though my initial impression had been from the police. Likely because later on in the podcast Ken says how he is liaising with the police and telling them what he is doing.

And an article I read last night said that it is illegal for the police to give information about people to PIs. It is not clear, to me, if it is also illegal for the police to supply PIs with telecomms records or other data ... but it seems that it might be, as one would presume that the records or data are considered to be pertaining to a person.

“It’s illegal for police to give information about people to private investigators,” she says. “In the old days [PIs] would just call in a favour from their copper mates. Times have changed now. These days the skill of a private investigator is working out how to get that information via open source techniques. I’m very aware of the things I have to do to abide by the law.”

So how far are PIs allowed to go in their covert surveillance of your life?
Actually, they have no more powers than you or me. They are not privileged to any information not legally obtainable by the public. Neither are they required to undertake professional development or show any real evidence of their competency.

NoCookies | The Australian

Wow I thought I heard him say the cops were sharing info with him too. Listening again just now from 40:55 he says he’s communicating with them about what he’s doing.

Sure, I'll just make the point that if Theo's family was asked to rate the authorities on a scale on 1 to 10, it would be pretty low, while the score for the local community would be very high. It shouldn't be that way.

Yep, it shouldn’t. Maybe another positive outcome of this podcast and the coronial investigation will be recognising and addressing that injustice, systemic or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member