Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Courier-Mail on Twitter
I was thinking of the girl's description in the first article. I believe she said that he tried to fondle her. Which is definitely sexual assault. But I was thinking she may not be able to prove that, because he was 'sleeping'.
I agree that he had intentions on his mind. I am just looking at it from a prosecutorial standpoint, because that is the question that was asked. If she would try to prosecute him on sexual assault charges.

Yes of course SA pretty hard to prove.
I am just wondering why would he have contacted this particular person to off load his concerns. If anyone was going to doubt him you would think it was going to be her.
He told her that a friend told him at a fathers day dinner that Tia said he was trying to do things to her.
Fathers Day was early September. Some seven or eight weeks before.
28th October just two days before Tia was reported missing he claims she made him ..blah blah while he was doing school work on Monday the 26th and Mum and Dad were out buying horse feed...rather convenient that he recalled what Mum and Dad were doing.

Something seems very iffy about that.
It seems as though Cindy would have expressed some major concerns if she knew Tia only wanted to stay because she had a crush on her foster brother and was going to continue living under the same roof as him. She had already express her concerns in regard to that very thing when Tia was placed with the Thorburns who had teenage sons, just 10 months prior.
It just does not seem as though Cindy would have willingly relinquished custody of Tia without expressing her concerns.

If Cindy was only in the process of relinquishing custody. Was Rick concerned about stories that might be told by Tia...about him and/or Trent?
More concerned about himself than any of his family. More concerned about the business, the money.
This whole thing about 'taking care of it' to protect Trent going to jail.... I am not buying it.
Geez, Trent was only slapped with a maximum 4 years and minimum 5 months, for preventing the course of justice, perjury and the incest.
If Tia had a crush on Trent she was not going to throw him under the bus...you would think.

That Youth Worker appointment Tia missed ... I really do wonder if Rick was more concerned about what Tia might say about him than he was about Trent going to jail.

www.news.com.au/national/queensland/crime/murderer-rick-thorburn-dumped-his-foster-daughters-body-in-a-car-boot-as-his-wife-watched-on/news-story/7caf8b8090f229ded95d52059fa5b272
I think Rick seized on the Trent business as a pretext for assaulting and murdering Tia. I think he seized on the suggestion of the bare possibility that she might be pregnant, and flew with it. He wanted to do what he did, not to protect either of them (him or Trent) necessarily. He saw the opportunity and that he could cow the family into silence using Trent as scapegoat and hostage.

I think Rick seized on the Trent business as a pretext for assaulting and murdering Tia. I think he seized on the suggestion of the bare possibility that she might be pregnant, and flew with it. He wanted to do what he did, not to protect either of them (him or Trent) necessarily. He saw the opportunity and that he could cow the family into silence using Trent as scapegoat and hostage.
r
Yep. If he hadn't molested her before, this was a great opportunity for him. He molested tiny children, but could not go the whole way because he would cause obvious injuries, but with Tialeigh, he could.

My thoughts have always been he killed Tiah to cover his own dirty tracks. At 55 years of age you don't just start being a child molester. I think she would of blown the whistle on him and his whole perverted game would be outed.

My thoughts have always been he killed Tiah to cover his own dirty tracks. At 55 years of age you don't just start being a child molester. I think she would of blown the whistle on him and his whole perverted game would be outed.

Yes, I agree. He may even have been shocked to find out that Trent was (also) abusing Tiah.

And I think the police suspect the same thing.

"I'd love to hear from his own mouth what he did and why he did it," Inspector Hansen said.
"If Rick was doing something he'd look after himself before he looks after his family."
Rick Thorburn carried Tiahleigh's coffin, hosted sombre birthday party after killing her

An investigation by The Courier-Mail found people rejected by the justice department for a blue card, successfully appealed to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal to get one.

The investigation shows the tribunal overturned one-in-every-four bans in the past six years, with blue cards given to a former ice addict, a drug-and-drink driver who killed another motorist, and two mothers accused of assaulting their own children.

Anyone convicted and jailed for serious child sex offences, the murder of a child, or offences related to child exploitation material are banned from obtaining blue cards.

But other criminals, including drug dealers, armed robbers and wife bashers, can get one if their cases are deemed exceptional and authorities do not believe there's a risk to children.

Risky Qlders allowed to work with kids

I would be interested to know how many actually appealed.
I would also like to know what being deemed exceptional entails.

Last edited:
An investigation by The Courier-Mail found people rejected by the justice department for a blue card, successfully appealed to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal to get one.

The investigation shows the tribunal overturned one-in-every-four bans in the past six years, with blue cards given to a former ice addict, a drug-and-drink driver who killed another motorist, and two mothers accused of assaulting their own children.

Anyone convicted and jailed for serious child sex offences, the murder of a child, or offences related to child exploitation material are banned from obtaining blue cards.

But other criminals, including drug dealers, armed robbers and wife bashers, can get one if their cases are deemed exceptional and authorities do not believe there's a risk to children.

Risky Qlders allowed to work with kids

I would be interested to know how many actually appealed.
I would also like to know what being deemed exceptional entails.

Some people become carers just for the benefits. I am not sure how they could be screened out. I know of one couple, who have three of their own children and two foster children. They recently went to Bali, but left the two fosters with their foster grandparents. because 'it is family time for our family'. I was shocked. It suggests to me the foster children are just paying guests. Like boarders or lodgers.

I noticed in these recent images his hair is shaved and has no facial hair, could that be making him look gaunt?
I truly hope our little mate is OK. He is the best of the best.

Attachments

• A7B6579A-8F46-45B1-A73D-CA83DE365789.jpeg
    A7B6579A-8F46-45B1-A73D-CA83DE365789.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 23
Johnny usually wears a beard and moustache

Yes it’s Johnny. I’m at a loss how I posted this here. I’m sorry. Wrong thread. Too late to delete.

Johnny Depp Looks Gravely Ill!

Well, we know how Johnny Depp would have handled Rick Thorburn and his refusal to talk.

2yl4c2r.jpg

Jack Sparrow - Wikipedia

Yes & if he heard Tiah was pregnant then DNA would open up that can of worms of who was the father.

My original thoughts were Tiah was not his first murder because he was so cold and calculating and it came to light he had a very dark past.

Interesting response Champers.
Thoughts, theories and MSM is all we need to sleuth and we (mostly) have a good strike rate.

Being a local we do hear the gossip. But as we all know gossip is just that. Personally we don't know the family or the victims family. But the case has been a real shock to the community. Our kids all had some type of connection with some of the perps via social media. Six degrees of separation and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926