Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't associate me with the rest of Rock's argument, but I can give you a link for the gender of murder victims claim:

The majority (70%) of victims of Murder were male (141 victims). Less than a third of Murder victims in 2017 were female (30% or 61 victims), this was the lowest number recorded since the beginning of the time series in 2010.
4510.0 - Recorded Crime - Victims, Australia, 2017

Thanks JLZ :p

Reactions: JLZ
Don't associate me with the rest of Rock's argument, but I can give you a link for the gender of murder victims claim:

The majority (70%) of victims of Murder were male (141 victims). Less than a third of Murder victims in 2017 were female (30% or 61 victims), this was the lowest number recorded since the beginning of the time series in 2010.
4510.0 - Recorded Crime - Victims, Australia, 2017

Thanks JLZ, and yes that was the same source.

Reactions: JLZ
Ok Sleuthers , lets get back on the case again. Mystery (and it is a well known stat) said after the first 48hrs odds are halved.
SO THE FIRST 48HRS . What We Know/Have Read.
1. Marco or a friend post on SM his dog JERSEY is missing around 6pm, I think 2. Marco calls in a missing person's report around or after 10pm. 3. Toyah found with visible and voilent injuries. 4. Agitated men with flat tyre seen acting suspiciously near Wangetti South turnoff, then heading back towards Cairns close to the time frame of Toyahs death. 4. Ute apparently tailgating car/cars (heading towards Port Douglas. No description of either cars.
WHY? Given police apparently did not interview "agitated men" until a week later. I have not heard any accounts or mention of ute tailgating cars on that day.
PLEASE FILL IN GAPS.Or add things.

1. Toyah left Rusty's markets about 12:40PM.
2. She either went home (Woree), met foul play there? Or more likely drove to Wangetti with Indie.
3. "Police are particularly interested in a period of time between 2pm and 3pm on October 21. Anyone with dashcam or GoPro footage between Ellis Beach and Port Douglas on the Captain Cook Highway between that time, is asked to contact police" (Police release footage of Toyah’s final hours) .... why Ellis Beach? It is a 19 min drive from Ellis to Lake Placid.

That timeline is interesting as later the police are interested in a later timeline at the corner or Clifton beach road and Captn Cook Highway window of time 5:02-5:07.

So Port Douglas to Ellis beach around 3PM perhaps to catch a potential person driving to Wangetti to meet Toyah, then murder and drive back to Carins/Lake Placid area at that time?

Who was in Port Douglas in the AM *or late afternoon and back in Carins in the PM...hmm

Last edited:
WHAT WE DON'T KNOW FOR CERTAIN.
1. Had Toyah broken up with Marco. I remember something RE: 3 weeks earlier.
2. Where was Toyah actually residing.
3. Had Toyah Met someone else?
4. How she was murdered.
5. A description of any vehicle mention in MSM.
6. What personal items and (whose) were recovered by Police divers.
This is all I can recall at this time. Please offer more clues.
Lets do a Mr G Robertson and hypothetically build a case from the ground up.

WHAT WE DON'T KNOW FOR CERTAIN.
1. Had Toyah broken up with Marco. I remember something RE: 3 weeks earlier.
2. Where was Toyah actually residing.
3. Had Toyah Met someone else?
4. How she was murdered.
5. A description of any vehicle mention in MSM.
6. What personal items and (whose) were recovered by Police divers.
7. Whether she went to the beach alone
8. Who tied up her dog
9. Who reported her missing
10. Who searched for her on the beach
11. Who last saw the other dog, who searched for it

Honestly, it is easy to see why cases like this are so difficult to solve.
So many questions; so few answers.
Obviously the police have a lot more answers than we posters do. They have answers we would 'give an arm and a leg' for. But at this stage of the investigation their answers aren't enough either.

To my mind the big stumbling blocks are:

The disturbed crime scene (nobody's fault really.)
The very isolated murder scene (no witnesses)

Looking at photos of Wangetti beach blunt force trauma could be the COD and a rock could have been the weapon. This is pure guess work on my part.
My heart aches for Toyah's family and everyone who knew her.

Without wanting to cause offence to any of the wonderful posters here, can we put the focus back on Toyah please?
Link Please.

This would be appreciated for everyone quoting statistics without a link for confirmation.

We don't know for sure if it was a Male that killed Toyah.

So can we please stop all the Male Hate and also the reverse argument.

I understand that the probability is that it was a male, but this thread is about Toyah and until we know these conversations are useless IMO.

Hopes CCTV of Toyah’s final hours will uncover killer
Some good questions in this interview - can’t multitask on my phone, but about friends or family having any unexplained injuries, missing clothing, photos from the area at the time.
So, does that mean they found clothes?? Or just that someone might have come in half dressed?

I read that as, given the extent of her injuries, there may have been blood splatter. So the person would have discarded their clothes too. I also read that as Toyah put up a fight, she fought so so very hard and that she could have ripped their clothing, punched, hit the perp. However I am assuming the perp did not have a shirt on, but shorts/bottoms and a spare shirt/clothes in their car so they could have changed/wrapped themselves in a towel.

Obviously the police have a lot more answers than we posters do. They have answers we would 'give an arm and a leg' for. But at this stage of the investigation their answers aren't enough either.

Looking at photos of Wangetti beach blunt force trauma could be the COD and a rock could have been the weapon. This is pure guess work on my part.

I had a dream about it, i mentioned in thread 1... in my dream she was hit on the head with a rock on the right hand side. thats when I decided i needed a break from the thread :p but I agree, there are rocks there and they could be used as a weapon, clearly my subconscious was mulling over it.

Hopefully there was SOME DNA evidence? I guess there’s the possibility it wasn’t sexually motivated, but surely scratches? Hair? Sweat?
My mind also went to the rocks, what a terrible thought. If that’s the case, how could Police possibly know/find it/check that for DNA if that’s even possible from a rock anyway??
How close can time of death be narrowed to? Assuming she was there by 2:30 and found at 7:30am? next morning... that’s a looooong space of time. Maybe she WASNT murdered at the beach, but brought back after nightfall?

If a weapon was used one would hope there was some DNA on it. The police should have a fairly accurate time of death from the coroner.
I think it is more than likely she was murdered where she was found.

No doubt the police have used a 'profiler' of some renown to try and figure the type of perpetrator. I'm not sure but I think the FBI could be asked for help.
I just want to hear breaking news.....'Arrest in Wangetti Beach Murder Case.'

Last edited:
Just FYI someone has made a video named "Toyah's last day" it maps with images where and how she may have driven with times too. They clearly have info we don't, apparently she drove through the intersection from police video at 1:58PM. *

If I go with that time suggestion. It takes 14 min on google maps to get to Wangetti from that intersection. So getting there approx 2:15PM either, met someone or informed someone to meet her there. it takes about 12 min to walk 1km so if she unloaded Indie, started walking from the car. she would have reached the 800m point by 2:30-2:40 either she was on her way back and had already gone up the beach, which I am not sure how long she would go for... or if it happened more suddenly and along the walk an altercation occurred she would have been murdered by 2:40-3PM. If she met someone on the half hour, was a bit early and waited in the car park until 2:30, murdered between 3-315Pm.

Person panics, heads back to the car via cover of shrub/bush along the beach. say back at their car between 3:30-3:45. Planning their next move and what to do. Drove along highway.

Or if the time stamp is between 5:02-5:07 at intersection, that may suggest they may have been walking for a little bit, she was on her way back to the car and was murdered between 4-4:30 PM. Anyway just thoughts. Goodnight all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members