Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this article whilst searching, did anything ever come of the search and subsequent investigation?

Could burnt-out car help lead police to William Tyrrell?

On the fourth anniversary of the disappearance of William Tyrrell, it has emerged that a burnt-out car abandoned deep in the bush has come to investigators' attention.
The wreck has been found in the bushland surrounding Kendall on the New South Wales North Coast, just a short drive from where William, then aged three, vanished from his grandmother's home in 2014.
One person of interest in the case is Tony Jones.

Attachments

• BCDD8BEE-1987-4543-BFF1-AD07926D8EC2.png
    BCDD8BEE-1987-4543-BFF1-AD07926D8EC2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
regarding the overheard phone call to the police officer at the tennis club, i wondered if it was fgm in a panic reporting william missing,
if ffc had suddenly taken off in fgms car without telling her, with william, and fgm was supposed to be watching the children and suddenly realized william wasnt there and it had been awhile since she saw him, so she quickly called police, worried he could have run to the busy road she mentioned?

Last edited:
I found this article whilst searching, did anything ever come of the search and subsequent investigation?

From memory, nothing much came of it.

There was a lot of speculation that TJ burned the car. But I don't recall the police providing the media/public with any definitive answer about the car.

(I recall that way back in the threads, we looked at it every which way to see if it could have been one of the cars that was parked on the street. And we tried to find the burned car's location, relative to Benaroon Drive.)

From memory, nothing much came of it.

There was a lot of speculation that TJ burned the car. But I don't recall the police providing the media/public with any definitive answer about the car.

(I recall that way back in the threads, we looked at it every which way to see if it could have been one of the cars that was parked on the street. And we tried to find the burned car's location, relative to Benaroon Drive.)

Thanks SA.

On very early posts there was talk about searches in Bonny Hills which is NE of Kendall, but nothing much must of come of it

Thanks SA.

On very early posts there was talk about searches in Bonny Hills which is NE of Kendall, but nothing much must of come of it

The Bonny Hills searches were due to a witness saying they saw a white van disappear into the bush, on the afternoon of the day that William disappeared. Speculation that it was Spedding (when he was a POI) as it was along the route that Spedding could take from his home in Bonny Hills.

Turns out it couldn't have been him because he was at a kids footy presentation.

IIRC they found a bone or two ... presumably nothing related to William. Because the matter died down. (Just like the matter with the burned car died down.)

That is exactly my point Travelling Wilbury........JMO so why would FGM say such a thing?

Hope it’s ok if I jump in here with my own thoughts / interpretations as I heard / read various comments from, or regards comments from, FFGM - and please be so kind as to take all of this as MOO.

Setting the scene - front & centre is FFGM.
She’s an elderly lady, now lives alone in her long term home, in a familiar neighbourhood & community, after the death of her husband a few months previous; has had some leg / hip (whatever) surgery in the interim; is selling said home; was trying to get some maintenance attended to; w/m went on the blink & delay in its repair due to parts required; daughter & family were to arrive on Friday but they suddenly decided to lob up on the Thursday night (possibly had to rush to get the beds all ready, had a late night, and a wake up to the bedlam of little children, who she loved dearly but who also made her feel very tired these days)

Friday Morning - everyone up & it’s the usual morning chaos with kids excited & noisy; breakfast needs to be prepared ( by whom); FFMC getting ready for his ‘business trip’ + needing to get script filled at chemist.
Food eaten, FFMC leaves, William wants to go in garden so FFFC goes with

now it all gets confusing. FFGM just wants to sit down on the rear patio & read her paper - she’s already getting a head ache !

Her daughter (FFFC) & the children come & go, telling her about what they’ve seen or done, alternating their activities between one minute sitting & drawing quietly > next minute running, whooping & playing in the yard.
As FFGM re-found her place in the paper, she found herself thinking that it was nice to hear & see things from the delighted & innocent perspective of pre-5 yrs of age!

Suddenly - her reminiscence was interrupted by her daughter’s frantic announcement that she couldn’t find William; she’s searched everywhere but he’s nowhere to be found. Someone must have taken him !

OMG - what ? why would someone take William ? who on earth would take William ? Surely he’s here somewhere. ... let’s just regroup / rethink ...
Maybe he’s wandered off down the road somewhere - (daughter) have you checked the roads in case he’s walked off down there ? omg, surely he can’t have got to the main roads - there’s so much traffic on those roads
Ok (daughter) you check again with neighbours, I’ll look inside again . L do you know where William went to ? Did you see him go anywhere ?
Come help GM look inside ..

Now it’s Serious - no sign of William inside & upon going outside it’s obvious that FFFC has had no luck in locating him either.
FFMC now arrives home & he frantically starts to search for William, telling FFFC to call 000. .

Police arrive, the search begins, people, dogs, air search - that headache is pounding but her heart is pounding more. Where are you William ? did someone take you as she suggested ? But who would do that ? Why ?

Then Const. Wendy Hudson arrives & comes to chat ( she’s local & we’ve had so much engagement across community activities) It’s comforting so see a familiar face in some position of ‘capability’. Wendy assures me that it’ll be ok. She asks me what happened. .. and I explain as much as I can recall of the morning that led up to now & that (FFFC) had said that someone had taken William.

Wendy is a bit taken back. She asks me if I think someone has taken him. She asks me about the people around here & if I think there’s anyone who might want to harm William. OMG - I can’t even begin to think about that, surely he’s just fallen somewhere in the garden. She asks me again - I say ‘ well what about that secretive guy over the road, he seems a bit weird, what’s his story, could he be into taking children ?’
But Wendy says there’s no questions about him, he’s fully accounted for ...
Well - OK - then I’ve no f .. idea who might have done this; I’ve no idea who would want to harm William .. surely he’s not been taken, surely they’ll find him asleep in bushes somewhere .....

Wendy explained that I will be asked to give a Statement & she said ‘ Don’t stress, just tell them what you told me now & it’ll all be fine’

So that’s just my Scenario of something that may be faintly like how it played out - my intention being to show that sometimes things are relevant to the Enth degree & other times it’s what we aren’t privy to that has the important context.

I truely value our care & concern for William, the awesome talent & knowledge in this team and our attempts to try to provide some value toward solving his disappearance - it’s why I joined after lurking for quite some time ( it’s the only Websleuth case that I follow) .

I do however find myself saddened & my involvement challenged, on occasions when I sense that William’s cause is forgotten - and our personal egos take over... .I know I’ve many times cancelled a post because I realised it was coming more from protecting my feelings than it was about William’s plight.

Personally, as I pray for 2022 to be the year for William, I also pray that we can be United in Our Cause & put aside the the personal agendas - after all, and thankfully, we are all individuals, our thoughts, our comments, our phrases etc. are our own individual expressions - and we are all entitled to have our individuality respected & considered.

Bless you all in 2022. May it be a year of wholesomeness & goodness for you & your families and may it bring betterment to this world .

The Bonny Hills searches were due to a witness saying they saw a white van disappear into the bush, on the afternoon of the day that William disappeared. Speculation that it was Spedding (when he was a POI) as it was along the route that Spedding could take from his home in Bonny Hills.

Turns out it couldn't have been him because he was at a kids footy presentation.

IIRC they found a bone or two ... presumably nothing related to William. Because the matter died down. (Just like the matter with the burned car died down.)

The sheer amount of information on this case is massive, yet nothing really gets to the point of being at the point of arrests.
Has there been any suggestion that Web Sleuths would be used by LE for information, as per the WT podcast? Obviously no interviews as such but still could be another source of info or fresh ideas

True..... AFAIK there is nothing reported in the media on that particular matter .....
(unless someone has a link for that??? )

But if Rowley noticed the bonnet was "hot" surely he asked both of them who used the car????
I also suspect Rowley asked the FF if he drove the car???

All IMO

Am always apologising for being so far behind - thanks for your patience :)

I think I posed previously ( can we blame everything on deleted # 66) about when FFFC took the car, was FFGM aware etc - so many blanks for sure.

And as you point out SLouTh - surely on record somewhere is Rowley’s account of that morning. .surely !
But am I correct when I seem to recall comments from the investigation team that they still had heaps of information to go through ? Still now -

<modsnip>

If William had made it down to Batar Ck Rd , isn't it just common sense that he could have been in danger etc??

Maybe I'm missing something in my sleep deprived state?? :rolleyes:

With all due respect Dr, nothing is obvious in a situation where we have a little boy missing for over 7 years in unexplained circumstances.

However I do want to acknowledge & say thank you for all the amazing work you & your colleagues are doing ( actually have always done - I’m an ex-nurse ) in these extremely challenging times. My suggestion- Go to bed & have a good sleep

Because she didn't. This is how rumors take off IMO

Do we know this for sure Dr ?

I ask this because it would seem to me to be a big gap on part of investigators to allow anyone who was with a missing person within 5 mins (whatever ) of them going missing, just be free to do as they wished, drive off unaccompanied etc, in the time while the initial search is being conduction - JMO

Hey TW ( do you play their music btw) if I recall correctly, discussions around this consumed many pages way back. He’s a ‘charming’ piece is Tony Jones & did appear at the inquest ( I’m sure Dr can fill that in ) but strangely perhaps neither he nor Frank Abbott currently seem to be ranking high on the suspect list. As they say though, stranger things have happened, and I’ve every faith in the skills of our Roseanne Squad..

regarding the overheard phone call to the police officer at the tennis club, i wondered if it was fgm in a panic reporting william missing,
if ffc had suddenly taken off in fgms car without telling her, with william, and fgm was supposed to be watching the children and suddenly realized william wasnt there and it had been awhile since she saw him, so she quickly called police, worried he could have run to the busy road she mentioned?

that’s a good thought BearBear - and if so, wouldn’t she call the local member of police who she was most familiar with... makes sense to me.

oh, but then I think - was there discrepancies over where Wendy was that day / time of the call ? Tennis courts or home ?

The Tennis Court stuff all seems a tad ‘muddy’ to me ..

Hey TW ( do you play their music btw) if I recall correctly, discussions around this consumed many pages way back. He’s a ‘charming’ piece is Tony Jones & did appear at the inquest ( I’m sure Dr can fill that in ) but strangely perhaps neither he nor Frank Abbott currently seem to be ranking high on the suspect list. As they say though, stranger things have happened, and I’ve every faith in the skills of our Roseanne Squad..
I don’t mind a bit of TW, but ironically I play in a band but never played any of their tunes!
I wondered the same about FA and a few of the others. Those charged with previous offences no doubt are IMO a blight on society as to what they’ve done- there’s no place for it. But there’s some cloudiness as to confirming their whereabouts on the day WT went missing IMO.

Maybe more info will come to light at resumption of inquest or inquiries, hopefully before any more of them fall off the perch

Thank you for posting that stormbird. That information in regard to 'W' is making my head SPIN. Especially after reading about the fellow at the tennis club who overheard WH receive a phonecall around 9:45am (IIRC) regarding what he perceived to be a missing child. And on top of WH's inquest testimony regarding her interviewing the child, and etc.... even though it was her day off. There is nothing to say that WH is the 'W' being referred to by FM in the article you have linked (the first one above), however it sure begs some further examination, as I do not recall any neighbours named W. imo.
deugirtni, I don't understand what you mean about WH's inquest testimony, sorry. Just based on whatever else I've read, I don't see any reason to doubt WH. I think it's likely or at least possible the fellow at the tennis club was unknowingly starting to create false memories by the time he was re-re-interviewed in 2017. MOO

A.

The FGM has mentioned this theory, being one of the present people at the time of his disappearance, yet the FFC has said “someone has taken him” from an early stage.
The focus was very much on him being taken from the first, as well as he could be just lost in the bush. The immediate assumption was that the biological parents had taken him, based on the previous episode. So it did take some time before they were ruled out. The testimony at the inquest made that very obvious.

So that explains why she immediately thought "someone has taken him".
Small town, all the volunteer searchers knew he was a foster child and that it was suspected had been taken by his biological parents. But they diligently searched anyway, even more so when the biological parents were ruled out.

The sheer amount of information on this case is massive, yet nothing really gets to the point of being at the point of arrests.
Has there been any suggestion that Web Sleuths would be used by LE for information, as per the WT podcast? Obviously no interviews as such but still could be another source of info or fresh ideas

I personally don't think WS would offer any 'new' theories to the police, in this case.
They have had 7 years to try to work out what happened, and they are the ones who have the full police brief.

Eg: we don't even know the outcome of the burned car, or the search at Bonny Hills. We just assume they were fruitless because no results were ever published (and no-one was arrested).

They are probably going over and over the same scenarios, like we are.
Because this info of FM driving down the road and back is certainly not new info. Neither is it new info that something might have been thrown from a car. imo

I personally don't think WS would offer any 'new' theories to the police, in this case.
They have had 7 years to try to work out what happened, and they are the ones who have the full police brief.

Eg: we don't even know the outcome of the burned car, or the search at Bonny Hills. We just assume they were fruitless because no results were ever published (and no-one was arrested).

They are probably going over and over the same scenarios, like we are.
Because this info of FM driving down the road and back is certainly not new info. Neither is it new info that something might have been thrown from a car. imo
......and don't forget Journalists who, with their own publishing restrictions, throw in their own cryptic two cents worth; they have even more information than we have!

......and don't forget who, with their own publishing restrictions, throw in their own cryptic two cents worth; they have even more information than we have!

Sorry, I don't know what that means. A reporter is throwing out cryptic opinions? I can't say that I have noticed that, if that is what your post means.
An opinion is an opinion. Evidently, even the police have divided opinions in this case.

imo

(Thanks for your edit. I see that you do mean a reporter.)

Last edited:
I doubt any are 100% correct but don't be too glad or get overexcited. :) They continue to contradict each other in some reports. IMO some include far too much 'artistic licence' in their articles.

Sorry, I don't know what that means. A reporter is throwing out cryptic opinions? I can't say that I have noticed that, if that is what your post means.
An opinion is an opinion. Evidently, even the police have divided opinions in this case.

imo

(Thanks for your edit. I see that you do mean a reporter.)
SA ... in reference to this quoted post by sleepinoz might help in answering your question in not understanding. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova