Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is somewhat tangential to the WT case, but since Mick Fuller's alleged misconduct has been raised here before ...

Former NSW Police commissioner Mick Fuller did not engage in misconduct when he part-owned two racehorses with people who had been investigated for criminal offences, the independent law enforcement watchdog has found.

In a report on Tuesday, the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission said it is possible Mr Fuller, who retired this year, was targeted in a campaign by disaffected officers who repeated old claims in an attempt to harm his reputation and future prospects.

. . .

In a report to Parliament, LECC said there is “clearly no substance in any of the allegations that have been made against Mr Fuller” and the evidence does not support a finding of serious misconduct, “or any misconduct at all”.

It said the allegations were first made in an anonymous complaint to LECC in 2019, and their repetition at the time of Mr Fuller’s retirement “would appear to be a malevolent attempt to cause him harm when he is seeking to establish a new life”.

. . .

“There is clearly no substance in any of the allegations that have been made against Mr Fuller,” LECC said.

Mick Fuller did not engage in misconduct over racehorse ownership: NSW LECC

Definitely, hence my reference to court. It is up to the prosecution to make out their case based on the evidence and for the judge or jury to determine guilt or otherwise.
Yes, exactly. Which is why I do not know if he knowingly tried to mislead LE or if he misspoke during the interrogation process. I have a nagging feeling that LE wanted new ways to get more info and warrants and being able to bring chargers against both of them opens the way.

Same exact thing happened to BS. They had many articles and tv news show making specific allegations against them for months. And TV reporters were there filming the forensics teams and the warrants being served. And their foster children/grandchildren were taken out of the home. And BS was charged with historic sexual assault of young family members---which was eventually dropped, IIRC. Or it was not guilty?

This whole thing against the foster family seems like deja vu. JMO

Yes, exactly. Which is why I do not know if he knowingly tried to mislead LE or if he misspoke during the interrogation process. I have a nagging feeling that LE wanted new ways to get more info and warrants and being able to bring chargers against both of them opens the way.

In NSW, as regards serious offences -- and I assuming that knowingly misleading the Crime Commission would be in that category -- the Director of Public Prosecutions needs to be convinced that charges should be laid, and a considerable part of that decision is based on the DPP's opinion of the chances of the charges being proven in court beyond reasonable doubt. (Public interest is another factor considered.)

In other words, it's not a walk-up job to charge a person with a serious offence just because you might want to.

Same exact thing happened to BS. They had many articles and tv news show making specific allegations against them for months. And TV reporters were there filming the forensics teams and the warrants being served. And their foster children/grandchildren were taken out of the home. And BS was charged with historic sexual assault of young family members---which was eventually dropped, IIRC. Or it was not guilty?

All charges against BS were dropped or dismissed due to lack of evidence. There's no doubt in my mind that Strike Force Rosann, by the way it operated, set out to publicly discredit and smear BS, and BS is suing the NSW government accordingly. On TV, BS has referred to Gary Jubelin as an '*advertiser censored***hole'.

This whole thing against the foster family seems like deja vu. JMO

I'd love to know the details of the assault charges as they could be germane to the WT case insofar as propensity to strike kids in anger may be concerned.

I also find it really interesting, and am wondering if Strikeforce Rosanne and possibly the Coroner are seeking some additional assistance from the NSW Crime Commissioner himself??? Hence the CC Hearing, in order to accomplish that?? ALL IMO

Interestingly, Mick Fuller sat on the board of the Crime Commission (presumably until he retired).

The functions of the commission are discharged by its Commissioner, two Assistant Commissioners and staff.

The commission is overseen by the New South Wales Crime Commission Management Committee, which consists of:[1]
  • the Independent Chairperson, presently David Patten
  • the Commissioner of NSW Police, presently Michael Fuller.
  • the Chair of the board of the Australian Crime Commission, presently Tony Negus
  • the Chief Executive Officer of the Ministry for Police and Emergency Services and
  • the Commissioner for the New South Wales Crime Commission, presently Peter Cotter APM
New South Wales Crime Commission - Wikipedia

(The Chairperson is now Michael Barnes, with regard to the above. About Us — NSW Crime Commission)

All charges against BS were dropped or dismissed due to lack of evidence. There's no doubt in my mind that Strike Force Rosann, by the way it operated, set out to publicly discredit and smear BS, and BS is suing the NSW government accordingly.

As katy said, for all we know the same thing could be happening again.
That is why some of us prefer to wait and see what happens with regard to these charges, what they are about.
Because, from what some of us see at the moment, the timeline doesn't fit.

imo

Last edited:

In a report on Tuesday, the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission said it is possible Mr Fuller, who retired this year, was targeted in a campaign by disaffected officers who repeated old claims in an attempt to harm his reputation and future prospects.

. . .

In a report to Parliament, LECC said there is “clearly no substance in any of the allegations that have been made against Mr Fuller” and the evidence does not support a finding of serious misconduct, “or any misconduct at all”.

It said the allegations were first made in an anonymous complaint to LECC in 2019, and their repetition at the time of Mr Fuller’s retirement “would appear to be a malevolent attempt to cause him harm when he is seeking to establish a new life”.

All of the above is making my previous point for me. :rolleyes:....So Mr Fuller was the target of " an anonymous complaint to LECC in 2019" ?

And " he was targeted in a campaign by disaffected officers who repeated old claims in an attempt to harm his reputation and future prospects."

So is that much different from my theory that the Foster parents might be targeted by LE in a very similar way right now?

Apparently all it took was an anonymous phone tip, to tear Mr Fuller's life apart.

So is that much different from my theory that the Foster parents might be targeted by LE in a very similar way right now?

Anything is possible, especially with the level of suppression surrounding the WT case.

Fuller was in a politically-charged position, especially as he was determined to be a new broom within NSW Police ... and NSW cops definitely don't like new brooms, as has been seen before with new Commissioners.

And it's been clear since the recent 'Big Dig' at Kendall that police are happy for the FM to be known as POI. It's been pointed out here on WS that each new Strike Force commander seems to have had a pet target (or two) for POI de jour.

. . .

All of the above is making my previous point for me. :rolleyes:....So Mr Fuller was the target of " an anonymous complaint to LECC in 2019" ?

And " he was targeted in a campaign by disaffected officers who repeated old claims in an attempt to harm his reputation and future prospects."

Apparently all it took was an anonymous phone tip, to tear Mr Fuller's life apart.

I am not really understanding what the LECC are saying (other than they feel he is the subject of a witchhunt, ironically).

Is it okay for him to have owned shares in race horses, and not disclose that (until he retired)?
Is it okay for his racing pal to have won a $3M food contract with NSWPOL?
Is it okay for his racing partners to include ....
  1. a person was subject to a fraud investigation by police in 2016 but was never charged
  2. a person who was being investigated over the illegal dumping of asbestos
  3. a trainer who had been accused of doping?

Who did the LECC think should have reported this? His friends? Or is it more likely that those who did not like his actions would report it?

o_O

Fuller cleared of wrongdoing following investigation into part-ownership of racehorses
Fuller’s Undisclosed Horse Dealings Jeopardise Racing NSW Role

(Not going to go off topic here, but I have to say that the LECC haven't exactly addressed the specific allegations, have they?)

Last edited:
There have been a few others find that odd as well. Why do you find odd about it Pheme
It's not that far away from her and her
There have been a few others find that odd as well. Why do you find odd about it Pheme

It's not that far away and her dad had died (in Feb). Seems odd to not visit her mum after that (until September) if they were close. If they weren't close and it was a bit of a big deal to go visit, it seems odd to change arrival time. (Grandma wouldn't be used to the kids around etc either) Not the oddest thing ever of course but just a little strange.

Quoting below from the SMH article, previously linked to ...

Is it okay for him to have owned shares in race horses, and not disclose that (until he retired)?

The commission said Mr Fuller had disclosed his part-ownership of a horse to then-police minister David Elliott in 2019 and could not recall if he had made an annual declaration of this potential conflict as he was required to. If this was not done, LECC said, the ownership was still known to Mr Elliott and LECC.

(He was in office 31 March 2017 – 31 January 2022.)

Is it okay for his racing pal to have won a $3M food contract with NSWPOL?

The commission also examined the role of Assistant Commissioner Leanne McCusker in awarding the catering contract, given her husband had worked at a chicken shop which was owned by the same person who operated the catering company.

LECC found the catering contract was awarded by a joint panel from the NSW Police Force and NSW Fire and Rescue and there is no evidence Assistant Commissioner McCusker was involved in any way.

Quoting below from the SMH article, previously linked to ...

The commission said Mr Fuller had disclosed his part-ownership of a horse to then-police minister David Elliott in 2019 and could not recall if he had made an annual declaration of this potential conflict as he was required to. If this was not done, LECC said, the ownership was still known to Mr Elliott and LECC.

(He was in office 31 March 2017 – 31 January 2022.)

The commission also examined the role of Assistant Commissioner Leanne McCusker in awarding the catering contract, given her husband had worked at a chicken shop which was owned by the same person who operated the catering company.

LECC found the catering contract was awarded by a joint panel from the NSW Police Force and NSW Fire and Rescue and there is no evidence Assistant Commissioner McCusker was involved in any way.

Thanks. That doesn't really help though. They appear to have let him off his annual declaration obligations, as well as not really looked at his racing partnerships.

To heck with the Royal Commission into Police Corruption's recommendations, about the police and the racing industry.

I didn't expect anything more though. :rolleyes:
The position of Police Commissioner is a deeply political appointment, and Perrottet has already made his surprise selection to afford him the police partnership that he wants.

Last edited:
Richie used the tool that was linked, and the photos, and the home layout - as described in the post.

We are not supposed to discuss other members.

My point being, we can say "what about this", "what about that", and I am trying to show intelligent posts where some matters have been able to be determined to a good degree of accuracy.
It is up to individuals to decide if they find the information credible. It is always better to look at the evidence for what it is, and not try to make something else out of it. imo

Hi SA, I appreciate your attempts however, with all due respect, I think all thorough ‘investigation’ has to always be prepared to look at / consider the ‘extraordinary’, the unusual, the unexpected etc.

I recall Ritchie’s analysis & those actions, along with all the other amazing attempts made by fellow Websleuth members to try to illuminate possible explanations / solutions, are greatly appreciated by me.

Hi SA, I appreciate your attempts however, with all due respect, I think all thorough ‘investigation’ has to always be prepared to look at / consider the ‘extraordinary’, the unusual, the unexpected etc.

I recall Ritchie’s analysis & those actions, along with all the other amazing attempts made by fellow Websleuth members to try to illuminate possible explanations / solutions, are greatly appreciated by me.

We were looking at sun angles, Warsh. Specifically.
I was responding to a post that said "it does not look like morning light".
I am always open to look at other analysis, if anyone presents it.

In NSW, as regards serious offences -- and I assuming that knowingly misleading the Crime Commission would be in that category -- the Director of Public Prosecutions needs to be convinced that charges should be laid, and a considerable part of that decision is based on the DPP's opinion of the chances of the charges being proven in court beyond reasonable doubt. (Public interest is another factor considered.)

In other words, it's not a walk-up job to charge a person with a serious offence just because you might want to.

All charges against BS were dropped or dismissed due to lack of evidence. There's no doubt in my mind that Strike Force Rosann, by the way it operated, set out to publicly discredit and smear BS, and BS is suing the NSW government accordingly. On TV, BS has referred to Gary Jubelin as an '*advertiser censored***hole'.

I'd love to know the details of the assault charges as they could be germane to the WT case insofar as propensity to strike kids in anger may be concerned.

"I'd love to know the details of the assault charges as they could be germane to the WT case insofar as propensity to strike kids in anger may be concerned."

IMO I agree that is very relevant. Good point, JBowie!

This is somewhat tangential to the WT case, but since Mick Fuller's alleged misconduct has been raised here before ...

Former NSW Police commissioner Mick Fuller did not engage in misconduct when he part-owned two racehorses with people who had been investigated for criminal offences, the independent law enforcement watchdog has found.

. . .

. . .

“There is clearly no substance in any of the allegations that have been made against Mr Fuller,” LECC said.

Most interesting comments by the LECC imo - I wonder what could have happened in 2019 that led to that anonymous but malevolent attempt to cause harm to Mr Fuller ?
There really are some scummy people in existence - imo.

Most interesting comments by the LECC imo - I wonder what could have happened in 2019 that led to that anonymous but malevolent attempt to cause harm to Mr Fuller ?

And 2016. There were two lots of complaints. He (part) owned different race horses each time.

Sounds like he disclosed the ownership(s) once in 2019.

Fuller cleared of wrongdoing following investigation into part-ownership of racehorses
Fuller’s Undisclosed Horse Dealings Jeopardise Racing NSW Role

(Not going to go off topic here, but I have to say that the LECC haven't exactly addressed the specific allegations, have they?)

Not having been a party to the LECC investigation, I’m not in a position to comment on their considerations. However I’d read this report of the findings & its reasoning, and I’m quite satisfied.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...n/news-story/ea02a075cf604018db7568f22a35dd68

And I hope police can get on with their job of solving the mystery of William, along with all the others that remain unsolved . ...

We were looking at sun angles, Warsh. Specifically.
I was responding to a post that said "it does not look like morning light".
I am always open to look at other analysis, if anyone presents it.
Just like anyone else with credentials that allow them to be verified as someone with qualifications that would aptly qualify one to analyse these things, at the very least a science degree- let’s not rule out to date nobody can verify from a qualified point of view the time of these photographs.

With all due respect for those bringing up questionable actions by Fuller, it has been investigated.
And back to the topic of the case we all want solved, at least Fuller has gone hard and investigated things that quite clearly weren’t done adequately very early on in the investigation. He’s found cracks, inconsistencies, and requested reinterviewing the relevant people and I’m sure there are small pieces of a big puzzle becoming ever more present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova