Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The known pedo’s in the area were certainly worth looking into, IMO to discount them rather than prove guilt. From what I remember BS had an alibi that morning and previous allegations of underage sex by him had been discounted or dropped?
The other few people they looked at were older folks. The timeline of events was very tight, the presence of cars outside the FGM house was inconclusively corroborated, so these frail old blokes must’ve either been fit, nimble stealth units to take a child, or they weren’t even there. Have they been tied to the scene/s in any other way?
If memory serves me correctly it took some time for an alibi to be provided for BS for that morning. There was much talk about a docket or receipt or statement regarding a payment at a local coffee shop but no one seemed to have had eyes on him at either the coffee shop or the school assembly. Eventually someone he knew remembered seeing him and I think talking to him at the school assembly (a parent I think). At least that is how it was reported at the time.

If memory serves me correctly it took some time for an alibi to be provided for BS for that morning. There was much talk about a docket or receipt or statement regarding a payment at a local coffee shop but no one seemed to have had eyes on him at either the coffee shop or the school assembly. Eventually someone he knew remembered seeing him and I think talking to him at the school assembly (a parent I think). At least that is how it was reported at the time.
Yep, BS's wife had a receipt for 2 coffees and 2 rolls that morning, at the small coffee shop across the street from the school. But none of the employees could place BS being there at the time. They couldn't deny it but couldn't remember either way.

The other few people they looked at were older folks. The timeline of events was very tight, the presence of cars outside the FGM house was inconclusively corroborated, so these frail old blokes must’ve either been fit, nimble stealth units to take a child, or they weren’t even there. Have they been tied to the scene/s in any other way?

I wouldn't consider any of the POIs (incl BS) to be frail, at the time.

• FA walking for miles, and carrying heavy items
  • PS walking for miles every day, helping with the search (and berating MSM cameras in a very lively fashion)
  • GO actively working on timber repairs and other projects (incl a large project for a church)
  • RD abusing cognitively impaired young men, sleeping at the showgrounds, raising chickens, helping with the search, working in a convenience shop
  • DN's condition at the time, I am not aware of ... but he looked pretty healthy in MSM pics when he was abusing boys in Tassie
  • TJ gathering scrap metal (and berating MSM cameras in a very lively fashion)
  • PB being GAPA president, and recently assaulting an 11 year old girl

imo

(and links provided further back in the threads)

Last edited:
Wexford, as you demonstrate, seems that it took some further time and then the required evidence finally emerged.

• PS walking for miles every day, helping with the search (and berating MSM cameras in a very lively fashion)
  • GO actively working on timber repairs and other projects (incl a large project for a church)
  • RD abusing cognitively impaired young men, sleeping at the showgrounds, raising chickens, helping with the search, working in a convenience shop
  • DN's condition at the time, I am not aware of ... but he looked pretty healthy in MSM pics when he was abusing boys in Tassie

imo

So can any of these people be linked to be in or near Benaroon Drive on the day?

So can any of these people be linked to be in or near Benaroon Drive on the day?

There were 21 known sex offenders who lived in the area. 600+ POIs at the start of the case.

The people I mentioned (not all are known sex offenders, to us) were singled out for their potential for taking William on that day.

imo

imo

You listed 7 persons of interest here but left out the FM? Any reason she was left out SA?

Because the post I responded to was saying they were frail old men.

They were not frail old men. imo
Perhaps labeling them frail was going too far on my behalf. What I Really meant was that considering William was only missing for a few minutes before people started looking outside, it’s a very risky move to a) grab a child at just the time he’d ran off the rear deck area, and b) have the physical ability to do it quickly

The POI’s may have been fit and could carry weight but it’s a pretty tight window of time. No one saw them take WT. Cars were reported later on (not initially). One of the neighbours was out having a smoke.
IMO I’d even suggest that no matter what the age, it’d be a very risky act to abduct and take a child under the circumstances we’ve been told. How someone would know he was there is another question, especially on a 1-way street.

Perhaps labeling them frail was going too far on my behalf. What I Really meant was that considering William was only missing for a few minutes before people started looking outside, it’s a very risky move to a) grab a child at just the time he’d ran off the rear deck area, and b) have the physical ability to do it quickly

The POI’s may have been fit and could carry weight but it’s a pretty tight window of time. No one saw them take WT. Cars were reported later on (not initially). One of the neighbours was out having a smoke.
IMO I’d even suggest that no matter what the age, it’d be a very risky act to abduct and take a child under the circumstances we’ve been told. How someone would know he was there is another question, especially on a 1-way street.

Stranger things have happened in the world of missing/murdered/kidnapped people. IMO nothing would surprise me.

600+ POIs at the start of the case.

I really have to wonder how that figure -- variously reported in the media as between 500 and 1,000 -- was arrived at.

The 2016 census reports that the total population of Kendall was 1,141. Seems like police decided that half of the population of Kendall or thereabouts (presumably only males) were persons of interest.

2016 Census QuickStats: Kendall

All of the above sounds logical, but when we look at how these kinds of abductions actually happen, all of the above can go out the window.

How risky was it for someone to unzip a tent flap, with both parents inside the same tent? How unbelievable was it that someone could quietly grab a child and her sleeping bag, and remove them from a tent, without being seen or heard? How random was it to grab that child out of that tent in that remote beach? People were suspicious of her parents because that abduction seemed so improbable and unlikely.

In the Isabel Celis kidnapping case, people were convinced her father was involved, because it seemed so unbelievably risky and random that she could have been taken out of her bedroom, with both parents and her older brothers home and 2 dogs out in the yard. The public was quite vocal about their suspicions.

Years later it turned out that a sex offender/serial killer did break into the house to kidnap her, and had been watching her and stalking her for many months. And no one knew that was happening.

I don't think it would be that difficult to grab lil William, if some one happened to be there when he was running about, unsupervised.

GO had a reason to be in Benaroon Drive.

He had inspected the work required to the deck and was planning on doing the work the following week when he received a call to say his day surgery procedure had been scheduled. He then needed to contact FGM to advise her he would not be able to come as planned. He said he rang on Thursday evening and spoke to FFC's sister. FFC's sister was not there. He did ring at 9.10am on the Friday morning and his call was not answered. He has given two explanations of where he was at the time of William's disappearance. In one he said he was in Kendall renewing his subscription to the local newsletter. In the other he said he couldn't remember.

After his phone call wasn't answered, did he decide to drive out to Benaroon Drive and let FGM know he wouldn't be able to carry out the work until after his surgery?

GO had a reason to be in Benaroon Drive.

He had inspected the work required to the deck and was planning on doing the work the following week when he received a call to say his day surgery procedure had been scheduled. He then needed to contact FGM to advise her he would not be able to come as planned. He said he rang on Thursday evening and spoke to FFC's sister. FFC's sister was not there. He did ring at 9.10am on the Friday morning and his call was not answered. He has given two explanations of where he was at the time of William's disappearance. In one he said he was in Kendall renewing his subscription to the local newsletter. In the other he said he couldn't remember.

After his phone call wasn't answered, did he decide to drive out to Benaroon Drive and let FGM know he wouldn't be able to carry out the work until after his surgery?
And was FA with him??

I really have to wonder how that figure -- variously reported in the media as between 500 and 1,000 -- was arrived at.

The 2016 census reports that the total population of Kendall was 1,141. Seems like police decided that half of the population of Kendall or thereabouts (presumably only males) were persons of interest.

2016 Census QuickStats: Kendall

POI can just mean 'person with relevant information'.

Obviously not Katy .... but my opinion is that people may be reading too much into the 'fresh evidence', due to media hype.

I think the fresh evidence is that FGM's car was not forensically examined. And that the garden bed/garage floor/riding school area was not dug up. So now they have done that.

It could be that those areas were not dug up before because there were no signs of recent digging ... back in Sep 2014.

But the Coroner is being completely thorough - perhaps also to subdue those in the police that have inclinations in that direction.

imo

I don't know.... doesn't really sound like the coroner is just dotting Is and crossing Ts to me.

The latest search, sparked by credible new claims about a person of interest, will focus on a dense patch of bushland about a kilometre from where he was last seen.

https://amp-smh-com-au.cdn.ampproje...william-tyrrell-searches-20211115-p598x2.html

Obviously not Katy .... but my opinion is that people may be reading too much into the 'fresh evidence', due to media hype.

Media hype is a given in such cases, however, much of what they are reporting about new evidence and expectations therefrom are direct quotes from various senior police, so IMO it is the police who are responsible for whipping up the media in this phase.

It’s so extremely sad and frustrating that most likely, someone from this list knows something about William but is keeping their mouth shut. How must they live with themselves?

If you look back over many famous solved cases, you'll find that the person responsible was already known to police, because they have a criminal record and/or they were interviewed by police in the course of their investigations.

Yep & than they were left with the ones we know, obviously for a reason/s

BTW I wasn't finished typing my response when I replied & it was attached to my message hence why I deleted it :)

Aha, I was puzzled as to why the quote feature wasn't working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldfishDeluxe