Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can never find articles that list an outcome of this- did someone come out and explain the child in the back of this car wearing the Spider-Man suit?

I think this child visiting Laurel Street that morning caused additional doubt to his sighting...

Detective Beacroft said further investigations revealed that on the same morning, a mother and her two children were visiting a resident across the road and one of the children, a boy, had a Spider-Man suit.

However, she said the child Mr Chapman saw in the back seat of the car was not the child visiting the street.

“From the information provided by that child’s mother … it was not that child Mr Chapman saw,” Detective Beacroft said.

William Tyrrell inquest: Boy spotted in Spider-Man suit day he went missing | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

I think this child visiting Laurel Street that morning caused additional doubt to his sighting...

Detective Beacroft said further investigations revealed that on the same morning, a mother and her two children were visiting a resident across the road and one of the children, a boy, had a Spider-Man suit.

However, she said the child Mr Chapman saw in the back seat of the car was not the child visiting the street.

“From the information provided by that child’s mother … it was not that child Mr Chapman saw,” Detective Beacroft said.

William Tyrrell inquest: Boy spotted in Spider-Man suit day he went missing | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...g/news-story/6ee71650b0e1afb24e9d476f6d30217a
"Investigators haven’t ruled out that the child Mr Chapman saw in the car may have been William."
JMO Many would say that Mr Chapman may have conflated his vision in seeing that iconic photo of William on TV with what he thought he saw when the White 4WD went speeding past.

JMO A child in the back passenger seat who would be 'unrestrained' would surely be unusual, as from I have seen Parents are careful to restrain their children in car seats, booster seats secured by seat belts. I guess there would always be the possibility of children undoing seat belts enabling them to be seen up against the rear window, but that is probably unusual as well.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...g/news-story/6ee71650b0e1afb24e9d476f6d30217a
"Investigators haven’t ruled out that the child Mr Chapman saw in the car may have been William."
JMO Many would say that Mr Chapman may have conflated his vision in seeing that iconic photo of William on TV with what he thought he saw when the White 4WD went speeding past.

JMO A child in the back passenger seat who would be 'unrestrained' would surely be unusual, as from I have seen Parents are careful to restrain their children in car seats, booster seats secured by seat belts. I guess there would always be the possibility of children undoing seat belts enabling them to be seen up against the rear window, but that is probably unusual as well.

https://www.portnews.com.au/story/6958518/tyrrell-memories-possibly-false-expert/

Dr Paterson said Mr Chapman's retelling of the memory changed over time, with an initial mention of a cape not appearing later and the later accounts told with more confidence and accuracy about key events.

The memory expert said it could be the case Mr Chapman was incorporating "post-event information" such as news reports in his memory reconstruction.

Australia's most revered homicide investigator is convinced one person has come forward with 'very specific' information about what happened to William Tyrrell.

Interesting read from Ron Iddles, one of Australia’s best investigators. He’s been around enough cases to know what activities are done by killers, excuses they use etc.

Mr Iddles said evidence could be missed during the early stages of a homicide investigation and bodies could sometimes be moved several times.

Police have vowed they will not stop looking for William and Mr Iddles said exhaustive, sometimes repeated, physical searches were vital.

'There's an old adage that failure to search is failure to find,' he said.

'Or if you haven't searched everywhere you haven't searched at all.'

I wonder if there are any further searches to be conducted in this investigation

William Tyrrell case explained by Australia's greatest detective Rod Iddles | Daily Mail Online

Where was the Tennis Club back in 2014?? (Sorry I can't remember)

Would those 2 cars seen by RC have been captured on the Tennis Club CCTV that morning?? Could they have entered Laurel street in that direction (traveling east) without being captured on CCTV ???

Just thinking that Police should have pics of those two cars?? If they came from Benaroon Drive????
IMO

Its really hard to take seriously a man who took 1000 days to come forward with such 'important' information.

Its not like this was a big city and the story just kinda got lost in the crime of the next day.

Even when he did come forward......after a few beers at the local to a LE relative to PASS IT ON.

Come on now.
Doesnt pass my sniff test.:oops:

moo
William Tyrrell inquest: Man claims to have spotted boy wearing Spiderman suit on day he vanished | Daily Mail Online

It could be more common in Kendall than you might think. WT's case also includes a number of people asking the lady in the antique shop to pass on information to her husband - the policeman.

It could be more common in Kendall than you might think. WT's case also includes a number of people asking the lady in the antique shop to pass on information to her husband - the policeman.
The main problem with his credibility is the time.

It was on the news on the daily.
Public plea's for the locals.

Never said a word.

1000+ days. (3+ years........)

moo

As Laurel Street is in close proximity to the tennis club, without sleuthing Mr. Chapman, does anyone know which direction the vehicle was going on Laurel Street?

Google Maps

ETA: Found the answer.

Ronald Chapman was outside his Laurel Street home in Kendall on September 12, 2014, when he saw two cars travelling east, a senior detective told the NSW Coroners Court on Monday.
I believe Mr. Chapman resided at 30 Laurel St at the time, as per this article;
eta: I'm geographically deficient, so I can't vouch for my googlemap attached, but I did my best.

Kendall local Ronald Chapman who lived at 30 Laurel St told the inquest into the boy's disappearance on Wednesday he was sitting on his verandah when he saw a car, which was travelling south from Benaroon Drive, with a young boy riding in the back seat at 10.45am on September 12, 2014.

William Tyrrell: New twist as witness who saw boy in car driven by 'woman with bun' speaks

48 Benaroon to 30 Laurel.png

The main problem with his credibility is the time.

It was on the news on the daily.
Public plea's for the locals.

Never said a word.

1000+ days. (3+ years........)

moo
Not to mention that Chapman's niece and her husband, both of whom also testified at the inquest, said there had been no mention made of this during the evening of Sept 12, 2014, even though they were staying at Mr. Chapman's house at the time. And of course the neighbour woman's relative is going to deny it was her and her spiderman-suited son who had been seen by Chapman, since the child was apparently not being restrained as he should've been, and she may have been driving a bit faster than she should've been. imo.

from Lia Harris tweets during tranche#3 of the inquest:

Danny Connell is in the witness box, his wife is Ron Chapman’s niece.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·51m
He and his wife arrived in Kendall from Sydney on September 11, 2014, to babysit their grandchildren while their parents attended a wedding that weekend. They stayed at Ron Chapman’s house. To recap, Chapman is the man who claims to have seen William in a car after he vanished.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·12m
Mr Connell told the court they went to the Kendall Club for dinner that night, which was “empty for a Friday night”. Many people were still out searching for William that evening. He said they noticed people were still out with torches when they arrived home around 8pm.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·8m
Mr Connell told the court it was a year later, when they visited in September 2015, that Mr Chapman first mentioned the alleged sighting to them. He said “he was in quite a distressed state because he’d been interviewed” by police.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·5m
Mr Connell told the court Mr Chapman had “forgotten we were there at that time, 12 months before”. He was asked if they spoke about it at all with Mr Chapman that night in 2014 when the searchers were out looking for William and he said they only acknowledged the search party.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris
Mr Connell told the court Chapman “had a couple of schooners” that ight and was “unsteady on his feet” so they took him inside and went to bed. He said he never mentioned the sighting until their visit a year later.
from Taree, New South Wales·Twitter for iPhone

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·29m
Mr Connell’s wife Kathleen is now in the witness box. Ron Chapman is her uncle. She is also recalling their movements on September 12, 2014. She recalls the “old ute” which hit the sign that morning being driven by a man in a “cowboy hat”.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris
Ms Connell told the court Mr Chapman didn’t mention the sighting of William that night or anytime that weekend. She’s now been excused.
8:49 PM · Mar 15, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Where was the Tennis Club back in 2014?? (Sorry I can't remember)

Would those 2 cars seen by RC have been captured on the Tennis Club CCTV that morning?? Could they have entered Laurel street in that direction (traveling east) without being captured on CCTV ???

Just thinking that Police should have pics of those two cars?? If they came from Benaroon Drive????
IMO

The tennis club used to be on Graham Street in 2014. I have circled the old location in this screenshot. It was on the road that leads to the bridge over the Camden Haven River.

az1.jpg az.jpg

Google Maps

(It is now on Orara Street, the blue complex at the end of Laurel Street. For those who may not be aware.)

Last edited:
Australia's most revered homicide investigator is convinced one person has come forward with 'very specific' information about what happened to William Tyrrell.

Interesting read from Ron Iddles, one of Australia’s best investigators. He’s been around enough cases to know what activities are done by killers, excuses they use etc.

Mr Iddles said evidence could be missed during the early stages of a homicide investigation and bodies could sometimes be moved several times.

Police have vowed they will not stop looking for William and Mr Iddles said exhaustive, sometimes repeated, physical searches were vital.

'There's an old adage that failure to search is failure to find,' he said.

'Or if you haven't searched everywhere you haven't searched at all.'

I wonder if there are any further searches to be conducted in this investigation

William Tyrrell case explained by Australia's greatest detective Rod Iddles | Daily Mail Online
I think that if Ron Iddles had of been heading this case, he would have solved it. I have the utmost respect for this man.

when he saw a car, which was travelling south from Benaroon Drive, with a young boy riding in the back seat at 10.45am on September 12, 2014.

William Tyrrell: New twist as witness who saw boy in car driven by 'woman with bun' speaks

View attachment 341160
<rsbm>

That's all pretty wonky because at one point he told detectives it was 2 cars travelling east on Laurel which would mean travelling toward the tennis club on Oraro. In the above link, he says "south from Benaroon". There is no such thing as south from Benaroon when you are on Laurel. If he meant south toward Benaroon, the vehicles would have had to be travelling west on Laurel.

All things considered, I can understand why his input has been disregarded.

The tennis club used to be on Graham Street in 2014. I have circled the old location in this screenshot. It was on the road that leads to the bridge over the Camden Haven River.

View attachment 341162 View attachment 341164

Google Maps

(It is now on Orica Street, the blue complex at the end of Laurel Street. For those who may not be aware.)
Thanks SA for that map ..... Greatly appreciated!
So the 2 cars could have travelled in a way to avoid being captured on CCTV then ...???
If they went left onto Albert Street...... rather than right.....?

Thanks SA for that map ..... Greatly appreciated!
So the 2 cars could have travelled in a way to avoid being captured on CCTV then ...???
If they went left onto Albert Street...... rather than right.....?

I don't know. They could have avoided the tennis club CCTV if they used Albert Street, but there was other CCTV in Kendall.

I remember the bottle shop owner was quickly told to retain her CCTV, and maybe others. Though we don't know if other CCTV captured images of the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!