Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
l think Laidlaw maybe looking at a similar case against him.
I don't think Laidlaw himself, has said anything to the media that names the POI, I think that was the retiring Police Commissioner and Police "sources" as per the media ....

Police Commissioner Mick Fuller on Tuesday said there was one person of interest in the investigation. Multiple police sources, not authorised to speak on the record, have confirmed the person of interest is William’s foster-mother.
William Tyrrell’s foster mother emerges as person of interest (smh.com.au)

I don't think Laidlaw himself, has said anything to the media that names the POI, I think that was the retiring Police Commissioner and Police "sources" as per the media ....

Police Commissioner Mick Fuller on Tuesday said there was one person of interest in the investigation. Multiple police sources, not authorised to speak on the record, have confirmed the person of interest is William’s foster-mother.
William Tyrrell’s foster mother emerges as person of interest (smh.com.au)

l just mean because he heads the task force.

l just mean because he heads the task force.
Except that the NSW Police keep saying they are "Acting on Behalf of the Coroner"........

The renewed forensic search, which was conducted under a Coronial Order as part of ongoing investigations, focused on an area of bushland around one kilometre from where William was last seen playing at his late foster grandmother's former home on Benaroon Drive at Kendall.
Detectives continue investigations into William Tyrrell's disappearance; no date set for coronial inquest findings | Camden Haven Courier | Laurieton, NSW (camdencourier.com.au)

Which is an interesting strategy......... Is this a way to "pass the buck" if it all goes pear shaped?

Except that the NSW Police keep saying they are "Acting on Behalf of the Coroner"........

The renewed forensic search, which was conducted under a Coronial Order as part of ongoing investigations, focused on an area of bushland around one kilometre from where William was last seen playing at his late foster grandmother's former home on Benaroon Drive at Kendall.
Detectives continue investigations into William Tyrrell's disappearance; no date set for coronial inquest findings | Camden Haven Courier | Laurieton, NSW (camdencourier.com.au)

Which is an interesting strategy......... Is this a way to "pass the buck" if it all goes pear shaped?

Just snipped from the Coroners Act 2009:

"CORONERS ACT 2009 - SECT 40
Order establishing coronial investigation scene
40 Order establishing coronial investigation scene
(cf Coroners Act 1980 , s 23D)

(1) If a coroner considers that an investigation should, for the purposes of an inquest or inquiry, be carried out at a particular place, a coroner may issue an order (a
"coronial investigation scene order" ) in writing or by telephone to a police officer or other person to--
(a) establish a coronial investigation scene at a specified place, and
(b) exercise coronial investigation scene powers in accordance with this Chapter, and
(c) enter and stay at the place for those purposes.
(2) A coronial investigation scene order may be made--
(a) before the commencement of an inquest or inquiry, or
(b) after the commencement but before the completion of an inquest or inquiry.
(3) This Chapter applies to a place of any kind, whether or not a public place.
(4) A person acting under the authority of a coronial investigation scene order may, for the purposes of exercising coronial investigation scene powers, obtain the assistance of any other person.
(5) A coronial investigation scene order authorises a police officer or other person specified in the order (or a person assisting the person acting under the authority of the order) to enter any place referred to in that order."
CORONERS ACT 2009 - SECT 40 Order establishing coronial investigation scene

Can’t blame Spedding for what he’s doing…, got canned by the police, which in turn meant a canning by the media, in turn the public, and had an alibi all along, and his charges he was accused of got thrown out. Very shoddy police work.

Hopefully this doesn’t happen twice!

I don't think so. Because the police didn't have to advertise to the world what they were doing in Nov '21. No matter who ordered the search.

I listened to Lia's latest podcast yesterday. She said that while police were saying they were focusing on one POI during the search, they privately confirmed to the media that it was FM. That info is in the public domain, and has affected (no doubt) the FP mental health and condition, reputation, and perhaps their ability to work.

During the June 2018 search, done in conjunction with the Coroner, the police moved the search due to information about someone. But we never, ever heard which someone that was. What theory they were investigating.

Deputy Coroner joins the search for William Tyrrell (2018)

Last edited:
I don't think so. Because the police didn't have to advertise to the world what they were doing in Nov '21. No matter who ordered the search.

I listened to Lia's latest podcast yesterday. She said that while police were saying they were focusing on one POI during the search, they privately confirmed to the media that it was FM. That info is in the public domain, and has affected (no doubt) the FP mental health and condition, reputation, and perhaps their ability to work.

During the 2018 search, done in conjunction with the Coroner, the police moved the search due to information about someone. But we never, ever heard which someone that was. What theory they were investigating.

Yeah agreed on that last part - have to wonder if it’s that current piece of evidence for which they can “prove” the FPs have lied about to the crime commission.

Bill Spedding was charged with historical sex offences ‘to punish him’, court told

A former person of interest in William Tyrrell’s disappearance was charged with unrelated historical child sex offences, which had previously been examined and not pursued, because police believed he snatched the toddler and wanted to punish him, a court has heard.

. . .

During the investigation Spedding was publicly arrested, had his home and office searched in January 2015, participated in a “gruelling” six-hour interview, and was charged in April 2015 with the historical sexual assault of two children, which he was later acquitted of.

Spedding is now suing the State of NSW in the Supreme Court seeking damages for malicious prosecution, misfeasance in public office, collateral abuse of process and false imprisonment.

. . .

[his barrister Adrian] Canceri said when his client was driven back from the police station after the interview one of the detectives turned around and shouted in an angry tone, “We know you did it, we’re going to get you, I’m going to come and arrest you”.

“The plaintiff replied that he hadn’t done anything and said ‘what are you talking about?’,” Canceri said.

The next morning, Spedding called the detective back to say he had located bank records that proved he had been at a cafe with his wife on the morning William disappeared.

Canceri said the officer responded: “I’m tired of your [bs] and lies, don’t speak to me again”.

Canceri said his client received “chilling” mobile phone messages after he was charged which branded him a child rapist. Many of the messages were played in court on Tuesday, including some which made graphic threats to kill.

Other consequences for Spedding included being grabbed by the throat by a stranger, being significantly out of pocket for legal fees, and being unable to contact any person under the age of 18 due to his bail conditions, meaning he missed out on three years of family events such as births and funerals.

William Tyrrell former suspect Bill Spedding charged with historical sex offences ‘to punish him’, court told

Regarding Ronald Chapman, Gary Jubelin says in his book I Catch Killers (p255) and BBM:

"Ronald says he didn't come forward at the time because he was waiting for police to come to him. They would knock on his door eventually, he thought. When they didn't he went down to the Kendall Services & Citizens Club one Friday night, hoping to bump into the town's police officer, who he's known since childhood. She wasn't there, so Ronald left a message with her sister-in-law, asking her to call him.

The message was not passed on and, eventually we hear about Ronald's story second- or third-hand. As the weeks passed, he'd told other people, though often the details were different. Two relatives staying with him at the time William went missing say he never mentioned seeing the boy in the Spider-Man suit being driven past. When pressed, Ronald tells the local detective that maybe he only dreamed it."

Regarding Ronald Chapman, Gary Jubelin says in his book I Catch Killers (p255) and BBM:

"Ronald says he didn't come forward at the time because he was waiting for police to come to him. They would knock on his door eventually, he thought. When they didn't he went down to the Kendall Services & Citizens Club one Friday night, hoping to bump into the town's police officer, who he's known since childhood. She wasn't there, so Ronald left a message with her sister-in-law, asking her to call him.

The message was not passed on and, eventually we hear about Ronald's story second- or third-hand. As the weeks passed, he'd told other people, though often the details were different. Two relatives staying with him at the time William went missing say he never mentioned seeing the boy in the Spider-Man suit being driven past. When pressed, Ronald tells the local detective that maybe he only dreamed it."
My theory about Chapman is: he was pissed off at drivers in general coming around that corner at speed. He thought, anyone would think they were driving a getaway car: it would serve them right if someone reported them to police. One of the people doing this was his neighbour (or was it his neighbour's guest, I forget) who also had a child who sometimes wore a spiderman suit. Chapman started talking as if he had in fact mistaken her for William's captor, intending to embarrass her into coming out as a careless driver and apologising either to police or himself. The times didn't quite fit--the child wasn't wearing a spiderman suit on the day in question, and so on--but he was happy to fudge it, especially as months passed and everybody's memory became more uncertain. His family got sick of his b***s*** and called him on it--if that's what you think, tell the police, there's a reward waiting. So eventually it was Chapman who was embarrassed.

During the June 2018 search, done in conjunction with the Coroner, the police moved the search due to information about someone. But we never, ever heard which someone that was. What theory they were investigating.

Deputy Coroner joins the search for William Tyrrell (2018)
I believe the moved search was related to PS.
A GPS tracker was placed on his car and data showed that there were several unexplained visits to a dirt road., which prompted a search of the area.
https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstSyd/status/1280416036450426881?s=20&t=y8UJGPyy1d8bmDP-Rn1OXw

Yeah agreed on that last part - have to wonder if it’s that current piece of evidence for which they can “prove” the FPs have lied about to the crime commission.

I had wondered if that part of the 2018 search (that was done 4km down Batar Creek Rd) was related to the recent Nov '21 search.

The two locations are a fair distance apart, while both being off Batar Creek Rd.
Takes about 6mins to get to the 2018 location from FGM's house. Takes about 2mins to get to the 2021 location from FGM's house.

With such a tight timeline for this Batar Creek Road travel to have happened in - not sure if there would be enough time for the two searches to be related. (With, say, FM having traveled down to Cedar Loggers Lane area instead of just the riding school area.)

But the route to Cedar Loggers Lane is a route out of town where there would be no CCTV, I think.

az.jpg
Red circle is 2021 search area.
Blue circle is part of the June 2018 search area, where they searched 'acting on information that they have had for a while'.

Google Maps
Police narrow focus in search for missing boy William Tyrrell (2018)

I believe the moved search was related to PS.
A GPS tracker was placed on his car and data showed that there were several unexplained visits to a dirt road., which prompted a search of the area.
https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstSyd/status/1280416036450426881?s=20&t=y8UJGPyy1d8bmDP-Rn1OXw

Thanks.

Just don't know where this leaves the Coroner.

Searches related to BS, nothing found.
Searches related to FA, nothing found.
Searches related to PS, nothing found.
Searches related to FM, nothing found (probably, as we have heard nothing in the last 5 months).

Along with all the other general searches where nothing has been found.

I've been thinking about how much closed court there was & there was lots & who gave evidence?

I wonder who these 5 witnesses were?? ( this was @ Lidcombe )

Lia Harris

The coroner has decided not to revoke the closed court orders, despite the media application. We will not hear the evidence from those five unknown witnesses.
@10Daily
@10NewsFirst

11:45 AM · Aug 13, 2019

Thanks.

Just don't know where this leaves the Coroner.

Searches related to BS, nothing found.
Searches related to FA, nothing found.
Searches related to PS, nothing found.
Searches related to FM, nothing found (probably, as we have heard nothing in the last 5 months).

Along with all the other general searches where nothing has been found.
It would be interesting to hear just what information they received that sparked the search last year.
Did someone involved say/leak something? Was it LT recounting things she heard when she was younger?
Did someone release some info they had been holding onto for years?
LE were quite confident (maybe still are), and did say they got good results from the search but so far haven't elaborated on that.

It would be interesting to hear just what information they received that sparked the search last year.
Did someone involved say/leak something? Was it LT recounting things she heard when she was younger?
LE were quite confident (maybe still are), and did say they got good results from the search but so far haven't elaborated on that.

CO thinks it is the combination of a few things.

1. An email that FM sent to the social workers 3 days before William disappeared. CO says the email was 'rediscovered'. It was the one about being 'close to giving in, or giving up' re: William being emotional after contact visits, and him not sleeping well.
The social workers put it down to a certain amount of dysfunction being present in foster children.

2. The professional rivalry between police. CS' case had recently been successfully resolved and was being claimed as a gold standard in perfect policing.

3. The allegation of assault.

CO doesn't think it was a new theory that William had died in an accident, because the theory is not new. It had already been investigated.

She also expresses concern that the police may be wrong (in this new focus).

Behind the silence lies so much pain, and so many questions

Or was there no new info and they were just working under the order of the coroner? Maybe she wanted everything done they possibly could. Even just ruling out he wasn’t in certain areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member