Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here bear, absolutely horrific & iirc one of the child victims named him.

I would’ve said ‘I’ll destroy you’ as well.

Shocking mistakes made all round.

That’s the part of this that people seem to forget. Those girls are the real victims here. I believe they were telling the truth then and now. I’m actually surprised that BS is making that part of his suit. He opens up a further conversation about the assault

That’s the part of this that people seem to forget. Those girls are the real victims here. I believe they were telling the truth then and now. I’m actually surprised that BS is making that part of his suit. He opens up a further conversation about the assault
I did wonder at the time <modsnip> if that historic case was the reason why GJ was assigned to this case as he worked on that one as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it was.

Could be like watching a preview of the foster parents situation, if they are innocent.

So far, the parallels have been uncanny.
I dont think there are parallels.

Majorty of people dont know who they even are.
Quite different.

Bill Spedding was an innocent bystander, had nothing to do with this mess and publically implicated.

But I don't think anybodys identity should be hidden.

It is unfortunate and I am sorry for the Spedding family that they have been through what they have as blind freddy could see they had proven, validated alibi's and its fair game they are suing the department over it.

moo

I dont think there are parallels.

Majorty of people dont know who they even are.
Quite different.

Bill Spedding was an innocent bystander, had nothing to do with this mess and publically implicated.

But I don't think anybodys identity should be hidden.

It is unfortunate and I am sorry for the Spedding family that they have been through what they have as blind freddy could see they had proven, validated alibi's and its fair game they are suing the department over it.

moo

I can see why he was a POI. The media released his name and Gary never discussed him. I think he had a good case against the media and he got a nice pay out from that. Who knows exactly when the proof of the alibi was given? I think he should probably move on with his life and keep his name out of the media. It certainly seems like it’s revenge on Gary more than anything else. He will likely win though and then l hope to never hear his name (or voice) again.

I can see why he was a POI. The media released his name and Gary never discussed him. I think he had a good case against the media and he got a nice pay out from that. Who knows exactly when the proof of the alibi was given? I think he should probably move on with his life and keep his name out of the media. It certainly seems like it’s revenge on Gary more than anything else. He will likely win though and then l hope to never hear his name (or voice) again.
To be fair, I’d want revenge too. He lost the kids, his house, his business, his reputation, and his money fighting to clear his name.

Last edited:
On Wednesday, the NSW Supreme Court was played footage of an encounter between Mr Spedding, his wife and an unnamed woman who approached the couple outside their house in Lake Cathie.

In the footage, the woman tells Mr Spedding she did not want him on the street with a mobile phone and asked he not walk near a local community centre.

"I just would like to know that you would never have a mobile out here in case you're grooming my children," she says.
"I just don't want you around when there's so many children around.
"I need to express my anger."

The woman says she "couldn't sleep" and felt sick knowing Mr Spedding was living in the neighbourhood.

The state will open its case on Thursday, and will argue authorities acted appropriately in its investigation of Mr Spedding.

Mr Jubelin will be called as the last witness in the state's case, the court was told.

'I need to express my anger': Court shown confrontation between woman and former William Tyrrell suspect

On Wednesday, the NSW Supreme Court was played footage of an encounter between Mr Spedding, his wife and an unnamed woman who approached the couple outside their house in Lake Cathie.

In the footage, the woman tells Mr Spedding she did not want him on the street with a mobile phone and asked he not walk near a local community centre.

"I just would like to know that you would never have a mobile out here in case you're grooming my children," she says.
"I just don't want you around when there's so many children around.
"I need to express my anger."

The woman says she "couldn't sleep" and felt sick knowing Mr Spedding was living in the neighbourhood.

The state will open its case on Thursday, and will argue authorities acted appropriately in its investigation of Mr Spedding.

Mr Jubelin will be called as the last witness in the state's case, the court was told.

'I need to express my anger': Court shown confrontation between woman and former William Tyrrell suspect

That lady was so out of line!

Yes, and if it is the same video shown in the 4 Corners Documentary, it was a local Policeman's wife!!
And if not, then it happened on more than one occasion.

They show the video in the link in my post that is right above yours.

I think it could be the same video as the 4 Corners doco - it seems like I might have seen it before.

Last edited:
The way the media and the cops spoke about BS, it really seemed like it was a slam dunk that it was him.

I hope his lawsuit succeeds; not only for his sake, but for all people who go through trial by media. That cops get behind it disgusts me, personally; that's not how our justice system is supposed to work. And it has given me pause ever since on assuming that just because someone is named in the media or charged with something, that they're inevitably guilty.

That goes for the current crop of charged individuals in this case too. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members