Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A SEARCH for a toddler missing on the NSW mid-north coast will be scaled back after a desperate six-day operation has failed to find any trace of the three-year-old.

Sniffer dogs have also been involved but have not picked up any trace of William.

The search will be scaled back on Wednesday night but a large team of investigators will continue to work on the case.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...live-in-nsw-bush/story-e6frfku9-1227061187569

Silly me, I thought there was going to be a good outcome here, lost and found with a big adventure - seems its not going to be the case.

What I have learned is that...
What we see on tv and what the public are called upon to do may very well be for another purpose than what they think.
This case is doing my head in.
My thoughts are with this boy and every single SES worker and anyone else involved in this "search"

What about this for a scenario ..

Mum rocks up to grandma's house and says 'I've brought the kids too, they're playing out the front' puts kettle on and starts catch up, the daughter comes in after a few minutes and grandma says 'where is your brother' and the girl says 'I don't know' they go outside and no William ..

But William was never at the house, mum just said he was.

Possible right?

That's where my thoughts were going... How do we know he was there in the first place?

That's what radio 2GB Sydney said 2 days ago.

Wonder if anyone independent of the family saw William that morning, either in Kendall or at services (bathroom/gas station) on the way from Sydney to Kendall? A 4 hour drive for a pregnant woman and at least 2 kids seems a long way without a toilet break being needed.

What about this for a scenario ..

Mum rocks up to grandma's house and says 'I've brought the kids too, they're playing out the front' puts kettle on and starts catch up, the daughter comes in after a few minutes and grandma says 'where is your brother' and the girl says 'I don't know' they go outside and no William ..

But William was never at the house, mum just said he was.

Possible right?

Sniffer dogs and cadaver dogs found no scent in the yard, fuelling fears he may have been abducted.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/fear...om-kendall-20140916-10hqb0.html#ixzz3DWx6NtUd

As in not at all, not in the yard anywhere??

Did I dream the police got a pair of shoes of Wiiliam's to 'scent' the sniffer dogs. Did they have a spare pair lying around in the car because I'm sure he supposedly had shoes on.

That's what radio 2GB Sydney said 2 days ago.

Sorry, I don't get the logic here.
I kind of get the first bit about maybe a misunderstanding on the part of the grandmother (initially) about how many kids were brought along, BUT I have never heard or read in any report that the little girl went into the house too. Just that the mother went inside for five minutes.
If the girl was inside too, then why would police have been asking HER about whether she knew where her brother might have gone?
And what's with the story that the photo of William in his spiderman outfit was actually taken on that very same morning??
And most of all, irrespective of what misunderstanding there may have been re which and how many kids the mother brought along - six days later after gazillion man hours of searching - wouldn't you think the truth would have transpired by now and everyone would be on the same page???! If the mother had not brought William along, then WHY IS EVERYONE SEARCHING FOR HIM IN THE BUSH?

Sorry, I don't get the logic here.
I kind of get the first bit about maybe a misunderstanding on the part of the grandmother (initially) about how many kids were brought along, BUT I have never heard or read in any report that the little girl went into the house too. Just that the mother went inside for five minutes.
If the girl was inside too, then why would police have been asking HER about whether she knew where her brother might have gone?
And what's with the story that the photo of William in his spiderman outfit was actually taken on that very same morning??
And most of all, irrespective of what misunderstanding there may have been re which and how many kids the mother brought along - six days later after gazillion man hours of searching - wouldn't you think the truth would have transpired by now and everyone would be on the same page???! If the mother had not brought William along, then WHY IS EVERYONE SEARCHING FOR HIM IN THE BUSH?

The little girl went inside to the toilet, at that moment William disappeared. It has been reported, and stated by AMP.

Moo

Did I dream the police got a pair of shoes of Wiiliam's to 'scent' the sniffer dogs. Did they have a spare pair lying around in the car because I'm sure he supposedly had shoes on.

I am assuming that the family went up to grandma's for more than just a day, it being a Friday and with the upcoming weekend. So I thought they would have packed some clothes.

I don't understand the talk about William arriving at grandma's house that morning. :waitasec:

I have not seen anywhere when he arrived there. Unless I have missed something somewhere. A surprise visit doesn't mean, to me, that the visit just started that morning. It could have started the day before, or even before that.

Can someone help me out with this one?

did anyone find out who Nicole is?

I've thought the same. Is she from up there or back from where they're from.
Did she come to help or was she there visiting too?

It time to see the parents now so I can read their faces and hear their voices.
But they have been searching too!!!! Yes??

How unusual is it for the parents to keep such a low profile in a case like this?
Not criticizing them at all, it's a genuine question. Can anyone give an example of other cases?

Yes, William had sandals on ... there is a pic of them I posted somewhere back in the thread. But I haven't heard what the scent item was.

"Police told Mrs Dorward that William was wearing a Spiderman suit and sandals when he disappeared.
'The rain over the past couple of weeks has caused lots of mud so we are potentially looking for a boy covered in mud... he could have lost a shoe... we were looking for torn material or a sandal,' she said."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...land-dressed-favourite-Spiderman-costume.html

Actually, I think he was wearing these sandals ... they are the same as the sandals pic back in the thread.

1410758934864_wps_86_Kendall_search_for_missin.jpg

I really thought they would find William. :cry:

The little girl went inside to the toilet, at that moment William disappeared. It has been reported, and stated by AMP.

Moo

It is just a comment by a random commenter on AMP. Not in the official report. Just in a comment under their report, so it could easily be a rumour. :dunno:

I am assuming that the family went up to grandma's for more than just a day, it being a Friday and with the upcoming weekend. So I thought they would have packed some clothes.

That's what I assumed too.

I'm gutted William hasn't been found.

How unusual is it for the parents to keep such a low profile in a case like this?
Not criticizing them at all, it's a genuine question. Can anyone give an example of other cases?

I can't actually think of one .. I was trying to think of one earlier today, when we were talking about their low profile.

Although Kyle Coleman's parents had someone else speaking for them for a while, and we did not see them except on SM. But since Daniel Morcombe's mum visited them they now get into the media to lift the profile of Kyle's case. And I am sure that the locals have seen them out and about searching for Kyle since Day One.

But William's father was reportedly searching for William during the first days of the search too.

It is just a comment by a random commenter on AMP. Not in the official report. Just in a comment under their report, so it could easily be a rumour. :dunno:

Amee and I were searching for MSM or a report about this earlier, and came up empty-handed.

Yesterday at 8.02am AMP put up a post stating certain information. In that post it says "his sister went inside to go to the toilet"
I guess we really need LE to clarify that point. It also states his sister is 8.. Again would like to see LE clarify.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member