Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't think he was hit by a car and the whole thing covered up do they? I just feel so clueless on this one ..

not sure what part of a car would become detached unless it had been in an accident, hubcaps, side mirror, number plate, maybe a seat taken out or baby seat? and thrown in the forest?

<modsnip>

Maybe FCS are simply there to support the other two children and the Family during this Tragic time. From memory Karlie was visiting a Grandmother, who was recovery from a recent hospital visit - so not well herself. Karlie is most likely under strict medical supervision due to being so heavily pregnant and the risk of miscarriage due to stress. Dad is being reported to be out searching everyday....so quite possibly there simply for support.

Just a bit of info about where they are searching now. Sounds beautiful really.

Middle Brother State Forest
To the south of town is Middle Brother State Forest which occupies the slopes of Middle Brother Mountain (556 m). Together with North Brother and South Brother it was named by Captain Cook who saw it from the coast in 1770.

Head south-west out of town and turn left into Batar Creek Rd which leads into Western Boundary Rd on the western edge of the forest. About 10 or 11 km from Kendall there is a walking track to the left which leads a short distance to Big Fella Gum Tree, a 67-m flooded gum amidst rainforest and bangalow palm.

Continue south along the Western Boundary Rd for another kilometre then turn left into Mudforde Rd. After about 3 km there is an intersection. If you turn right into TV Road, it is about 2 km to the turnoff, on the right, to the peak of Middle Brother Mountain where there is a TV transmitter and a fire lookout. From the summit there are fine views over the Camden Haven River Valley. To the east one can see the coastline of Crowdy Bay, to the north-east is North Brother Mountain, to the north are the tree-lined slopes of Broken Bago Bluff near Wauchope, to the north-west is Comboyne Peak, capped by a fire lookout, and to the south it is possible to see the river flats of the Manning Valley.

If, instead of turning right onto TV Road, you turn left into Grey Gum Ridge Road, you will, after about 1.5 km, come to a picnic area on the left where there are fireplaces, tables and drinking water. It is a 400-metre drive from the picnic site to two of the state's largest blackbutts - the 'Bird Tree' (69 metres tall and 3.6 metres in diameter) and 'Benarkin' (64 metres tall and 4.1 metres in diameter).You may wish to stretch your legs and access the trees by following the 10-minute walking trail which leads off at the road junction nearby.

If you continue along Grey Gum Ridge Rd a short distance you will soon come to a turnoff on the left into Old Lookout Rd which leads to an old fire lookout from whence Kendall can be seen in the near distance.

You can also enter the forest from the eastern side by turning off the Pacific Highway into Hoydens Rd or TV Road. The roads mentioned are all advertised by brown-and-white forestry signs. They are quite suitable for 2WD vehicles, unless it is very wet, but care and slow speeds are always essential. For further information ring the Wauchope Office of State Forests of NSW on (02) 6585 3744.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/new-south-wales/kendall/2005/02/17/1108500196950.html

Police searching for a three-year-old boy who went missing from his grandmother's home on the New South Wales mid-north coast last week said they believed "someone knows something" about his disappearance.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...missing-boy-william-tyrell-police-say/5753152

From article linked above

"In a way it's baffling that we haven't received any further leads considering the time that has passed since he went missing," Inspector Fehon said.

"The report of a young three year old playing in the backyard and then in the space of five minutes being found to be missing, of course the natural reaction was to search in the heavily dense bushland.
"We can only appeal for people out there, if human intervention took place, someone knows something."

It's not all that baffling why they haven't received any more leads .. they've had minimal coverage of this one considering his age, people are suspicious because family have not talked to media, and police are giving the impression that they're quietly working behind the scenes and a break is imminent, also I must say, this is about the first case I've ever followed here on WS where a Find Missing William page or similar wasn't set up, people think that there is something iffy going on .. JMO

have they found something on the side of the road? Broken light, oil etc. Has an oil trail led into the state forest? Why the state forest? So many questions.

Police and search teams are now focusing on the possibility that missing toddler William Tyrell was picked up by someone in a car when he disappeared last Friday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-hope-finding-alive-fades.html#ixzz3DdYC1k2z

From article linked above

"In a way it's baffling that we haven't received any further leads considering the time that has passed since he went missing," Inspector Fehon said.

"The report of a young three year old playing in the backyard and then in the space of five minutes being found to be missing, of course the natural reaction was to search in the heavily dense bushland.
"We can only appeal for people out there, if human intervention took place, someone knows something."

It's not all that baffling why they haven't received any more leads .. they've had minimal coverage of this one considering his age, people are suspicious because family have not talked to media, and police are giving the impression that they're quietly working behind the scenes and a break is imminent, also I must say, this is about the first case I've ever followed here on WS where a Find Missing William page or similar wasn't set up, people think that there is something iffy going on .. JMO

EXCELLENT observation regarding the page

<modsnip>

A few thoughts:
I think that reporting about car parts was a mix up by the reporter. I've heard on 2gb radio news this morning that police are now pursuing the angle that William may have been 'assisted' into a car. He could not have walked into Middle Brother Forest himself, but could have been taken there. Apparently they are now searching up to 48 sq kilometres. They are driving in teams of four along dirt roads: one officer in the car and three others walking alongside, to see if they can see discarded clothing, for example, on the sides of these roads. That would be William's clothing. I guess that opens up two scenarios - the horrific one of him having been taken into a forest to be killed, OR someone having driven through there with William and changed his clothes to lessen chances of him being recognised in a Spiderman outfit.
Also had a thought re parents keeping away from media. If it was due to wishes for full on 'secrecy' i.e. to not be identified, that has already been compromised by publication of the surname and very precise discussions of where the grandmother lives. So it's a kind of weird mix of 'secrecy'...

^ I think that deals with ALL emergency situations in the area tho? So it isn't a case-dedicated site.

This case is making me :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Nobody got nuttin' .. we're all at a complete loss on this one eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen