Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GMA had been in hospital and needed care at home.

William's grandmother is an active and well-liked member of the tight-knit Kendall community and had recently been in hospital.

His grandfather died earlier this year and his grandmother needed someone to care for her in the house, so William's family had travelled from their home in Sydney to stay with her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-hope-finding-alive-fades.html#ixzz3Dq3SkKxO

Conflicting reports about the family staying at Granma's house. One report says it was a surprise visit. Other reports say the family were there to care for her. It still worries me about the spelling of the surname!!! :tantrum:

I wonder what time the family arrived on the Thursday and what they spent the rest of that day doing up there in Kendall? Even if it was a 'surprise' visit and/or not many people knew they were up there, if they were seen at local shops or going for a walk, then more people may have become aware of them being there than they are aware of.
If the grandmother was an active and well-liked member of the community, she probably had lots of acquaintances around the place. The quick response from locals is also testament to that. But being well known can be a double edged sword sometimes. Over time, she may have spoken about her children and grandchildren to many people around Kendall. We don't know if indeed this visit was surprise or not, perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between. Maybe there was limited knowledge of the family coming up. But as previously mentioned, bush telegraph can spread information quickly, even if it's quite innocuous and 'by the by' sort of information from one person to another in a small township...

One way or another, I don't believe William is all that far from where he was last seen. Channel 7 news tonight just reiterated the family's statement and the focus of the search being in the Middle Brother Forest. It's too big a risk to try and cart a kid all that far away, for fear of being caught. Anything could happen, even if someone is taken away by car. An abductor could have a car accident, be stopped, and the abductee be found that way. I'm sure most abductors seek to be expedient, unless there is a specific 'destination' they are aiming for. Then again, maybe people like that are so 'twisted' that they don't think like that in terms of risks. Dunno. Apparently the Middle Brother Forest is about twelve kilometres away. That's probably do-able for an abductor...

Not one thought I wish to think as a possibility - but
this case reminds me also of Missing Tia Sharp (UK).
There was just no trace of her for days.
I hope Police searched in roof spaces of those pre-determined offenders houses.

I wonder what time the family arrived on the Thursday and what they spent the rest of that day doing up there in Kendall? Even if it was a 'surprise' visit and/or not many people knew they were up there, if they were seen at local shops or going for a walk, then more people may have become aware of them being there than they are aware of.
If the grandmother was an active and well-liked member of the community, she probably had lots of acquaintances around the place. The quick response from locals is also testament to that. But being well known can be a double edged sword sometimes. Over time, she may have spoken about her children and grandchildren to many people around Kendall. We don't know if indeed this visit was surprise or not, perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between. Maybe there was limited knowledge of the family coming up. But as previously mentioned, bush telegraph can spread information quickly, even if it's quite innocuous and 'by the by' sort of information from one person to another in a small township...

The article from The Australian newspaper that Pink bow put up earlier (thanks again!) says the family arrived Thursday afternoon. Also Granma volunteers at the local Tourist Information Centre.

If these are foster parents, I have to wonder if he had some birth family members that might have been wanting to take him back.

I'm intrigued by the fact that the grandmother has only been mentioned as his grandmother, not as x's mother etc. I'm wondering if william's complicated past means that he is in fact a foster child, but this is his natural grandmother. It would then make sense that she mentioned to some family that W was visiting, and a member of his natural family came to take what's "rightly theirs".

I personally know 5 grandparents who have to rear their own grandchildren.
One in particular mortgaged her home to fight through the courts for custody as her grandchildren were about to be adopted. Her daughter and children's father are involved heavily in drugs and the father is continuously threatening her that he's coming to take his children so there is an AVO against the daughter and the father. It is never ending for her.
It's wonderful how families join forces to pick up the pieces and care for their own.
Possibly O/T but relevant to today's extended families.

I've been thinking this afternoon of reasons why the family has remained so private and the media ( who usually have no regard for privacy ) have allowed them to be.
What if Williams parents (foster parents, legal guardians, whatever their relationship may be ) are famous ? That would explain a lot.

I've been thinking this afternoon of reasons why the family has remained so private and the media ( who usually have no regard for privacy ) have allowed them to be.
What if Williams parents (foster parents, legal guardians, whatever their relationship may be ) are famous ? That would explain a lot.

or have responsible positions within the community??

Yes. And I don't class it as 'sleuthing' the parents ( because I'm not ) just thinking out loud why it's all been a bit hush hush. It could also be a reason why he was taken.... or not :(

I understand that this is a school break for children in Australia -- when do the children return to school?

I am intrigued by the media aspect. Not a single snap of family or interview anywhere - that is amazing in today's world. They were obviously on top of it from the very beginning with their spokesperson Nicole.

I am intrigued by the media aspect. Not a single snap of family or interview anywhere - that is amazing in today's world. They were obviously on top of it from the very beginning with their spokesperson Nicole.

it's curious that we have twice as many ''guests'' at any given time on this thread compared to regular posters .... I agree with you this has had a very constrained ''managed'' feel to it

I hope the police know the property directly across the road is for sale!
I think EVERYONE who has enquired about this property should have been reported.

Could people who are looking at this property for sale taken William??
Anyone could have been there looking at this block. The address is on the web!!

43 Benaroon Drive, KENDALL 2439
LAND FOR SALE
43 BENAROON DRIVE, KENDALL, NSW, 2439
$184,000

ACRE PLUS CLOSE TO TOWN

http://www.realestateview.com.au/Re...Property-Details-buy-residential-5582523.html

School starts back on Tuesday the 7th October. Monday the 6th is a public holiday. So 2 weeks off, started yesterday.

School starts back on Tuesday the 7th October. Monday the 6th is a public holiday. So 2 weeks off, started yesterday.

so airports, waterparks, campgrounds and ferries will be pretty busy with travelers and easy to move a child with crowds.....what a challenge...hopefully there are posters of WT everywhere for ticket staff .....

I hope the police know the property directly across the road is for sale!
I think EVERYONE who has enquired about this property should have been reported.

Could people who are looking at this property for sale taken William??
Anyone could have been there looking at this block. The address is on the web!!

43 Benaroon Drive, KENDALL 2439
LAND FOR SALE
43 BENAROON DRIVE, KENDALL, NSW, 2439
$184,000

ACRE PLUS CLOSE TO TOWN

http://www.realestateview.com.au/Re...Property-Details-buy-residential-5582523.html

-- brilliant catch on your part..... just edited my response when I realized it was vacant land....but that would be a reason someone might ask for directions to that location ((mentioned upthread that someone enquired about that street and that raised local curiosity))

I don't know why, but under Queensland law for example, foster parents of a child cannot be named. Perhaps the law is similar in NSW??

I understand that this is a school break for children in Australia -- when do the children return to school?

The school break only started today, Saturday 20 September. School resumes in two and a bit weeks - Tuesday 7 October

if it was empty the day he left or vacated that morning in anticipation of a showing that could explain a lot! -- brilliant catch on your part.....

NO! NO!! It's a vacant block.
When I was in real estate a property like this we would tell them to drive by and/or walk over the property to see if they like it enough to make further enquiries or make an offer.
No house to view.
It's a cheap 1acre block for Sydney's standards and could have attracted a huge amount of people from anywhere. I really think it would be hard to track the enquiries because the address is on the web. This is a worry IMO.
I think I might ring the agent tomorrow and ask if the police have investigated any enquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty