Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also be a fake Facebook account set up by someone .... and some family members have simply fallen for the trap to accept friend requests .... wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know how old Williams sister is, and where was she when he went missing? I have seen that they were both playing prior, but there hasn't been a whole lot more said about if she was out there, if she is older, and possibly saw anything?

Re if BS was to go back to the house that day for the repairs. Didn't the mum in the 60 min video say she saw nans washing had piled up on the Thursday night, so rang BS in the morning of the 12th to ask if the part was in yet? And there was no answer?

If that is the case, then why would BS's son say his father was supposed to go back there on the Friday. The only thing I can think of is he was going to go back there if the part was in.

But it seems strange the son has said this, because I know when you are waiting on parts for trades, they can come at any day or time. You have a general idea usually, and you can track some parts depending on how they are sent, but many times they are just surprises that turn up when they turn up.

Surely the son would know this, so why would he say his father was going out there on the Friday to fix it, if he wasn't?

Could also be a fake Facebook account set up by someone .... and some family members have simply fallen for the trap to accept friend requests .... wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
Could be.....I did notice the other day that the other one vanished again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

confirms that he has engaged lawyers and is considering legal action against some media outlets for their coverage. But mostly, he politely bats away our questions with a “no comment”. When asked if there is anything he’d like to add, he says: “Well, I am not guilty, of course. I was never there on the day.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...308929078?sv=50f61f2b18637671481cf55bb05ad25c

Hmm .... is the video an attempt to rectify the he said ... I said.
Anyways, this article clearly states that BS said he was never there on the day.
imo

confirms that he has engaged lawyers and is considering legal action against some media outlets for their coverage. But mostly, he politely bats away our questions with a “no comment”. When asked if there is anything he’d like to add, he says: “Well, I am not guilty, of course. I was never there on the day.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...308929078?sv=50f61f2b18637671481cf55bb05ad25c

Hmm .... is the video an attempt to rectify the he said ... I said.
Anyways, this article clearly states that BS said he was never there on the day.
imo

We never did hear anything more about him going after the media with a lawyer though...

The thing that gets me.... His own son recounts what his father said to him and its totally at odds with what he himself is now saying..

Even comments by Colin paint a totally different picture...

Colin was intent on giving us this picture of a self sacrificing individual.... a glowing portrait of his wife's cousins husband - I found it at odds that the person he was portraying would leave a sick lady with piling up washing - Knowing full well as we later found out that he knew would have family coming to visit/stay that weekend... and he doesn't return to fix the machine even after receiving the part on Thursday...surely he had time in the morning before the 12pm school function...No...he went for a hour long coffee...he is glad they never actually connected that day on the phone....because he wanted to take the grandkids to footy....

Seems to me - if you had the part on Thursday.....then you would do your utmost to repair the washing machine Friday...So you could take the kids to footy...

Why go for an hour long coffee when Kendall is only a few minutes down the road...you have the part in hand.. Maybe the repair would take along time???.... maybe not!!!

No wonder he was named a POI - as there are inconsistencies with what he has told Rodney and possibly Colin...

Ahhh let's not forget that little gem Colin gave the media..... That Margaret played him a tape where she asked if Bill was involved... Where is the emotioncon for JAWDROPPING... really who asks a question like that...for god sake he was with you wasn't he??? then surely you would know that he wasn't involved.....

ETA: We have not seen not one article in the media of ONE SINGLE person coming forward to confirm he was at the school function....NOT ONE PERSON!!....no photo's... no comments...really!!! is that even possible in a small rural town for no one to have seen him or confirmed he was there????

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know how old Williams sister is, and where was she when he went missing? I have seen that they were both playing prior, but there hasn't been a whole lot more said about if she was out there, if she is older, and possibly saw anything?

Re if BS was to go back to the house that day for the repairs. Didn't the mum in the 60 min video say she saw nans washing had piled up on the Thursday night, so rang BS in the morning of the 12th to ask if the part was in yet? And there was no answer?

If that is the case, then why would BS's son say his father was supposed to go back there on the Friday. The only thing I can think of is he was going to go back there if the part was in.

But it seems strange the son has said this, because I know when you are waiting on parts for trades, they can come at any day or time. You have a general idea usually, and you can track some parts depending on how they are sent, but many times they are just surprises that turn up when they turn up.

Surely the son would know this, so why would he say his father was going out there on the Friday to fix it, if he wasn't?

It was initially reported in MSM that William's sister is younger than him. Later reports were that she is older and I believe that is the case. It was also reported in MSM that William's sister went inside to go to the toilet at the time he disappeared. So from what we can gather William's mother and sister were inside the house, it's not clear where the grandmother was and little William was still outside in the yard. This was discussed in previous threads complete with links. The thing is the story constantly changes in MSM, so really it's anybody's guess as to who was where when William disappeared.

Based on the timing of the Spedding statement I would say the 60 minutes interview had the desired effect. It also tells us that the police have definitely not told him he is out of the picture. He's feeling the pressure...

The body language experts will have fun with Speddings little home video, his lawyer will be cringing.

I believe it was intended to be shown as widely as possible but not in a formal interview where he could be questioned.
It reminded me of his video walking around his shop showing us his good and describing them, not one iota of emotion, not one look at the camera even at the end.

He did not even address his alibi, perfect opportunity to say it was proved I was at the school that morning. I was completely underwhelmed by video and suspect it has done him more harm than good.

I'm not sure if he got his lawyer from a vending machine but I don't think they perused that statement very carefully. Crimestoppers is 1800 333 000 not 1300 333 000

......ETA: We have not seen not one article in the media of ONE SINGLE person coming forward to confirm he was at the school function....NOT ONE PERSON!!....no photo's... no comments...really!!! is that even possible in a small rural town for no one to have seen him or confirmed he was there????
That's what I'm wondering too. Police say his bank account shows he was elsewhere as claimed, but that doesn't prove BS was the one holding the bank/credit card.
If I was in his position on this video I'd be trying to prove to the world where I was, and not providing a pathetic "I wasn't meant to be there that day".

The home video is interesting. My first thought is that it is some kind of attempt to appease MS, and quell any doubts she may have.

That's what I'm wondering too. Police say his bank account shows he was elsewhere as claimed, but that doesn't prove BS was the one holding the bank/credit card.
If I was in his position on this video I'd be trying to prove to the world where I was, and not providing a pathetic "I wasn't meant to be there that day".

do you have a link to when police say his account shows he was elsewhere as claimed? i didnt see that? i always assumed ms was the only one buying the coffee?

do you have a link to when police say his account shows he was elsewhere as claimed? i didnt see that? i always assumed ms was the only one buying the coffee?
IIRC Colin has been the only one to tell us BS's whereabouts that morning. Please correct me if I'm wrong. He Is the one who supposedly downloaded the coffee shop receipt. Why didn't BS show THAT in his video? The receipt is a big fat bluff as far as I'm concerned.

IMO he was never at that coffee shop.

BS home made video. :thinking:

Some events reported inaccurately by the media.

I really do not recall the media giving us much information about BS whereabouts on the 12 September 2014 that came from the police.
That information came from his family and friends giving interviews to the media as I recall.

A few days later we contact his son, Rodney Spedding, ................... says his father was due to go to William’s grandmother’s house on the day William disappeared, to fix her washing machine, but “he went to an award ceremony at the school, where one of the boys was getting an award, so he ended up going there rather than going out on that day to William’s grandmother’s”. He says his father told him that he phoned the grandmother to say he would not be coming to fix the washing machine.

Maybe this is the type of stuff that has been inaccurately reported by the media. The media may possibly have misquoted his son. I think it has been acknowledged on both sides that BS was contacted and a message was left for him not about being due there that day. Seems alot of benefit of the doubt around media quotes is afforded to one side but not the other. MOO

It sounds like a perfect storm. All the right things happened for someone to be there in that second to abduct William in a no through road back street that they cant just pass by. There is no through traffic. To abduct you would have to go there specific. All coinciding with the father away from the house at the same time.

It sounds like someone had been watching longer than we think, waiting at that opportune moment. To be here at the right time. It could be days.

Whats the chances everyone went inside, father away, while William is on his own out front in the drive on the off chance someone was there on a quiet no through street to take William at that moment?

Thats one hell of a perfect timing.

It was initially reported in MSM that William's sister is younger than him. Later reports were that she is older and I believe that is the case. It was also reported in MSM that William's sister went inside to go to the toilet at the time he disappeared. So from what we can gather William's mother and sister were inside the house, it's not clear where the grandmother was and little William was still outside in the yard. This was discussed in previous threads complete with links. The thing is the story constantly changes in MSM, so really it's anybody's guess as to who was where when William disappeared.

If they had a shared credit account with 2 cards, the cards still have their own individual numbers. If it showed on the statements that it was his card that was used, I would have to strongly consider that he was at Buzz cafe that day.

In thread 1, the articles around WT's disappearance make a point of saying that there were no suspicious vehicles or people witnessed in the area. That's why it's such a mystery. I'm wondering at what stage the cars witnessed in the area came to investigators attention and thought to be strange. I don't know if they would have withheld that type of info in the 1st few weeks for strategic reasons.

Someone would have to go there and park in a no through road, knowing the father had gone, the family walk inside to leave the child on the drive. They would have to wait until a parent lapsed in reason leaving their child on the drive, at that time. And hope no one was watching or driving past.

You could wait days for the ducks to line up. Someone would have to stalk that scenario in a no through road at risk being seen in waiting.

IIRC Colin has been the only one to tell us BS's whereabouts that morning. Please correct me if I'm wrong. He Is the one who supposedly downloaded the coffee shop receipt. Why didn't BS show THAT in his video? The receipt is a big fat bluff as far as I'm concerned.

IMO he was never at that coffee shop.

Agree he could have shown a close up of his receipt and told us more about the school assembly, he should have had Colin on hand directing it. We could have had the psychics letter too for final confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom