Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And why is NC nearly homeless? What has that to do with William being missing?

Have no idea what it has to do with William. But we seem to keep hearing about her dire housing situation.
The three bedroom share house with her friend KL must not have been approved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ell-s-grandmother-THANKS-Schapelle-Corby.html

'We were talking about him last night and we still don't understand how it can happen,' Mrs Collins said.
'My life has been shot to pieces since he went missing, I am practically homeless.
'While they (William's parents) keep going on holidays and renovate their house.
'If I lost a child I wouldn't leave the area until I found them.'

The grandmother revealed the emotional turmoil of William's disappearance had a 'huge effect' on the toddler's father, who she says 'he adored'.
'William was always happy to see him, I remember once he bounced out of the elevator like a kangaroo and straight into his dad's arms.
The grandmother claims William's parents are 'pouring everything they have into being strong for their other children' but want him to be found.
'Their youngest who is four now talks about William, he has been forced to grow up faster than he should because he knows his big brother went missing,' she said.

To me, this sounds like a grandmother who is a bit bitter that some people have more money than others - frequently due to their own efforts in education and career - and that some people do not have their children/grandchildren removed from their family by child protection services.

No empathy there for William's sister, who was there on the day and has likely walked almost every step of this terrible journey - despite the shielding given to her.

I feel sorry for both families, but the disparaging remarks by a member of the family from which William was removed are uncalled for imo.
If William was not removed from that family for reasons unknown, if his birth family had been able to raise William in a manner which is legally/morally/ethically healthy and acceptable, this whole chain of events may never have arisen.

To me, this sounds like a grandmother who is a bit bitter that some people have more money than others - frequently due to their own efforts in education and career - and that some people do not have their children/grandchildren removed from their family by child protection services.

Yes it does SA.

Mostly I feel so, so very sorry for little William. His little life seems so filled with very low lows, and very high highs. I can only hope that he is at peace wherever he is, it seems that his childlife has been taken far too soon. :(

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting...stSocialFlow&utm_campaign=editorialSocialFlow

We all want to help, we all feel frustrated and heartbroken that we can’t magically bring this beautiful boy back to his family. It can be so painful for parents to read about this case and see no recent updates being given by the police (although we must remember that just because we aren’t seeing public updates, it does not mean the police aren’t making progress). But, even though we might feel this way, we need to realise that not all ‘help’ is helpful, some is actually a hindrance to the investigation and painful for the family.

Take for example, the unofficial W4W Walking Warriors Australia Facebook group, who creates and shares their own William posters on social media, despite the family asking that only official police approved posters be shared. As a result, an image circulated last year with the incorrect Crime Stoppers phone number attached to it. The group have also publicly questioned the police investigation and released rumours and hearsay that are not of benefit to anyone.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting...stSocialFlow&utm_campaign=editorialSocialFlow

We all want to help, we all feel frustrated and heartbroken that we can’t magically bring this beautiful boy back to his family. It can be so painful for parents to read about this case and see no recent updates being given by the police (although we must remember that just because we aren’t seeing public updates, it does not mean the police aren’t making progress). But, even though we might feel this way, we need to realise that not all ‘help’ is helpful, some is actually a hindrance to the investigation and painful for the family.

Take for example, the unofficial W4W Walking Warriors Australia Facebook group, who creates and shares their own William posters on social media, despite the family asking that only official police approved posters be shared. As a result, an image circulated last year with the incorrect Crime Stoppers phone number attached to it. The group have also publicly questioned the police investigation and released rumours and hearsay that are not of benefit to anyone.

I see in one of the articles referenced here ..... BBM

“The last year for both of us, including William’s sister, has been incredible difficult on so many levels,” says William’s dad. “It’s a deep, wide gap.”

He says he was resolute, he wanted to stay in Kendall indefinitely, but the police eventually forced them to leave. He cries as he describes packing the little boy’s clothes and toys into the family car and staring at the empty car seat in the back as they drove home to Sydney.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting...bring-william-back-parents-appeal-one-year-on

Just want to put this here .... a new law about to be passed in an effort to stop Aussies committing child sex crimes overseas. Said to be the toughest child sex law in the world. Derryn Hinch has introduced the law, and it is said that it will be overwhelmingly passed by the government.

We apparently have over 20,000 registered child sex offenders at the moment.
Last year many of the almost 800 registered child sex offenders that travelled overseas, went to Asian regions (as stated on Ch7 morning news today.) ... the attached article will explain more about the reasons for that. :(

CONVICTED paedophiles will have their passports cancelled and be banned from travelling overseas under tough new laws to be introduced into federal parliament next month.

The crackdown on overseas sex tourism, set to be ticked off by Cabinet overnight, will make it a crime for convicted child-sex offenders to leave or attempt to leave Australia.

The Herald Sun understands offences will apply to all child-sex criminals on state and territory registers with reporting obligations.

And in a move to stop the paedophiles getting around the law by appealing to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, the passport ban will be mandatory and not subject to review.

The travel ban will also apply to dual passport holders on child-sex offender registers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...d/news-story/b9245df8e90d2f0d69853f4b46f67ef4

Because she's a convicted drug smuggler.

Edited to add, sorry SA, hadn't seen your post when I posted. :)
I like that it got Williams face back out there and got people talking about him again. It's been so quiet lately (here, in the media, police etc). I don't see why the where's William campaign would say they aren't happy with that.

Excellent post, SA.

No empathy there for William's sister, who was there on the day and has likely walked almost every step of this terrible journey - despite the shielding given to her.

I feel sorry for both families, but the disparaging remarks by a member of the family from which William was removed are uncalled for imo.
If William was not removed from that family for reasons unknown, if his birth family had been able to raise William in a manner which is legally/morally/ethically healthy and acceptable, this whole chain of events may never have arisen.

I see in one of the articles referenced here ..... BBM

“The last year for both of us, including William’s sister, has been incredible difficult on so many levels,” says William’s dad. “It’s a deep, wide gap.”

He says he was resolute, he wanted to stay in Kendall indefinitely, but the police eventually forced them to leave. He cries as he describes packing the little boy’s clothes and toys into the family car and staring at the empty car seat in the back as they drove home to Sydney.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting...bring-william-back-parents-appeal-one-year-on

It would be heart wrenching. Just imagine.... I don't think that I could bear it.

I agree. If William's biological father and mother had been good parents to him he would have still been with them.

Well we don't know that for sure, do we? There was a reason he wasn't with them, and what a tangled web of crime, jail, etc he would have been surrounded by. Terrible, terrible situations for little innocent people to be born into in places right across Australia. :(

I agree. If William's biological father and mother had been good parents to him he would have still been with them.

I doubt it was KT tbh. She was allowed visits and has full custody of her kids with new partner. Putting two and two together, it would appear WT'S biodad was and is the issue.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I doubt it was KT tbh. She was allowed visits and has full custody of her kids with new partner. Putting two and two together, it would appear WT'S biodad was and is the issue.

I think she probably cleaned up her act, became a better parent, since William and his sister were removed. If it was just him and she had him permanently leave the children’s residence, I do not believe they would have taken the children away.

Judging by other cases that have been publicised (like Chloe Valentine), Child Protective Services generally give both parents a million chances, lots of coaching, parental plans, various opportunities, prior to removing children.

She must have carried a level of fault herself. Either by being a consistently, extremely poor parent too, or refusing to keep an extremely abusive parent away.

I found it interesting that the media seems to be skirting the line on the foster issue with the Grandmother article. If you weren't in the know it's certainly be enough to leave you scratching your head.

The article certainly brings to the forefront the issues of class in Australia. On one hand you have the image of a well to do family who while are devastated are able to distract themselves with holidays and a nice home, and on the other a Grandmother who is implying the impact of his abduction has lead to insecure housing. Or spin it another way, the grandmother and bio parents of William did not meet their own responsibilities to William, but Grandmother is quick to place blame elsewhere for the current circumstances, and really shouldn't be criticising anyone. The reality probably lies somewhere in between.

I think Schapelle has the same interest in William's case as we all do, she has highlighted another missing person on her Instagram. I think it is cultural cringe that led to the official channel distancing themselves from her and that's a shame. But by the same token i don't think publicity now does anything except apply pressure to the government to keep footing the bill to investigate. If people in the know didn't break from the reward, Schapelle's handbag won't help. It'll take something changing in their own lives, a relationship breakdown, a health crisis, another crime being committed, to bring them forward.

I would agree. And put with that the recent article about NC (paternal grandmother) regarding a 'domestic incident' with her other son (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-faced-arrest-warrant-court-no-show.html) I can't help but guess this could all be related in some way to why she considers herself almost homeless.

I found it interesting that the media seems to be skirting the line on the foster issue with the Grandmother article. If you weren't in the know it's certainly be enough to leave you scratching your head.

The article certainly brings to the forefront the issues of class in Australia. On one hand you have the image of a well to do family who while are devastated are able to distract themselves with holidays and a nice home, and on the other a Grandmother who is implying the impact of his abduction has lead to insecure housing. Or spin it another way, the grandmother and bio parents of William did not meet their own responsibilities to William, but Grandmother is quick to place blame elsewhere for the current circumstances, and really shouldn't be criticising anyone. The reality probably lies somewhere in between.

I think Schapelle has the same interest in William's case as we all do, she has highlighted another missing person on her Instagram. I think it is cultural cringe that led to the official channel distancing themselves from her and that's a shame. But by the same token i don't think publicity now does anything except apply pressure to the government to keep footing the bill to investigate. If people in the know didn't break from the reward, Schapelle's handbag won't help. It'll take something changing in their own lives, a relationship breakdown, a health crisis, another crime being committed, to bring them forward.

BBM If I was in their situation, a plethora of holidays and palatial homes would never ease my pain or desperation to find him.

And yes, Oza, I agree that NC shouldn't be blaming anyone. The foster parents obviously studied and worked hard to get their just (material) rewards, while others just depend on government handouts from our taxes.

This case has highlighted for me my own prejudices about what happens to kids in the foster system and what I think might be the difference between biological and carer bonds with children. I have been observing a family I know quite well who have three long term foster kids in their care. They will be with them til 18 unless they are restored to their families. One won't be restored at all. They have good lives and the foster parents are comfortabley off. I do notice that the foster parents seem quite detached from the children's issues. They don't seem to feel responsible for the children in their care's behaviour, as if it was all a part of who the child was before the child came to live with them. I don't see them torn up about the kids having issues, not doing homework, etc. They don't seem to lose sleep like most parents do worrying at different times about their kids and I have never seen the children's huge issues ever get in the way of the foster Dad running his company or the foster Mum training and doing her competitive sport. Any issues just seem to be reported in government payed for counselling sessions. The kids call them Mum and Dad and the foster parents have acceptance that 2 of the children may not grow up with them. Recently a child around WT's age came to live with them due to FACS needing crisis accomadation for the child. He is a beautiful child and he had a permanent carer however she became pregnant after having the child live with her since he was an infant. She didn't want him anymore. As I looked at him, I wondered how she could have made that decision. Didn't she feel as bonded to him as he was to her? Her drive to be able to accomodate her biological child was far greater than the bond she had with this little boy. There is no judgement, just my perspective on what I observed. The other kids I previously mentioned are in a loving, stable home with their needs met, but I observe a difference in the bonding of biological parents and carers and I noticed that carers are supported much more readily with kids who have issues and are not measured by FACS with the same level of responsibilities for the outcomes of the children the way biological parents are. MOO

Well we don't know that for sure, do we? There was a reason he wasn't with them, and what a tangled web of crime, jail, etc he would have been surrounded by. Terrible, terrible situations for little innocent people to be born into in places right across Australia. :(

I have searched a lot for info on bio Dad but have come up with nothing, would you point me to where I can find information to support what you have claimed? BBM. I also saw in a court list that NC seemed to be the victim of DV from her other son and was compelled to give evidence for the police about the assault IIRC. I don't see anything about her or her long term (mystery man) partner, having a criminal record or her good friend KL, for that matter. Is it because she applied for govt. housing or lives in Sydney's west that you have these attitudes about the type of family WT would have been surrounded by? Do you think WT's sister will be restored to his biological mother soon since she seems to be doing well with his other 2 siblings? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova