Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, since I shared my experience of contacting the editor about that article, I have felt like some of the comments about that are thinly veiled attempts to have a go at me and I don't appreciate it. MOO

I think by now we know where many rusted on members stand on this case and what is their priority. None of us know what has happened to WT. Some members trust the police investigation implicitly, they can do no wrong and can justify all of their actions. It seems the ends justify the means. I want WT found but along the way I'm going to question methods and point out where I think they are crossing the line. If I can point it out, I'm sure it could be pointed out and argued in a trial. MOO

I am not rusted on to anything. My only priority is William and any other vulnerable children who may be at risk. You’re absolutely right, none of us know what happened to William (well, at least I hope not). I do trust DCI Jubelin and support his methods as I believe his interests are those of the families of the victims of crime; to see justice done and, hopefully, recover their loved ones. As long as the means are within the law, to me they are justified by the end. You are free to question and have an opinion on William’s case as much as any OP. Even though I can respect that, it doesn’t mean I will agree.

Last edited:
Also, since I shared my experience of contacting the editor about that article, I have felt like some of the comments about that are thinly veiled attempts to have a go at me and I don't appreciate it. MOO

If that was directed at my reply, it was not my intention at all. I highly suspect that BS’ family and friends may have been the bulk of the complainants; that’s all. That’s where the outrage seems to be emanating from.

I'll have a look at it from time to time so I can see what the actual issues are that are currently going on while I try to look occupied in Maccas. then if something really catches my eye, I 'll look at other more credible news sources to see all the bits they are leaving out. IMO

I read all of the online news sources (well, those that are not paywalled, anyway). The Australian and the SMH seem to be the most credible sources.

If that was directed at my reply, it was not my intention at all. I highly suspect that BS’ family and friends may have been the bulk of the complainants; that’s all. That’s where the outrage seems to be emanating from.
It was directed at a number of replies from 3 different members.

I meant more the media themselves, hungrily flocking to collect sensational content.

Thanks for the explanation, JLZ x

I agree. That ‘story’ about Jubes and Lambert arguing was just salacious office gossip. No real relation to William’s plight at all IMO. If you want to do a few facepalms, read ‘The Snitch’ on Page 30 of the same edition. Celebrity legal identity ‘news’. :D

Yes definitely work related, it states in the article it was an argument over the case of William Tyrrell, papers thrown on the ground and the 2 officers took hold of each other.

I don’t blame either of them whilst not ideal it is a really serious, high pressure and emotional situation that must be a tremendous strain every day.

I agree. That ‘story’ about Jubes and Lambert arguing was just salacious office gossip. No real relation to William’s plight at all IMO. If you want to do a few facepalms, read ‘The Snitch’ on Page 30 of the same edition. Celebrity legal identity ‘news’. :D
Pass.

The Jubes & Lambert conflict doesn't interest me, but the fact of its leaking does, a little. Something more malicious than office gossip there.

The indignation is that a man who has been named a POI and had his place searched, has a picture of his van driving past a police search site, put on the front page of the Daily Terror with the headline, CRIME SEEN. Police had stated that he was not a suspect and there were no charges laid, but the paper cast huge suspicion on him by publishing the above, which is defamatory or borderline. More than people on these sites know that criminals often go past or near areas they have committed a crime or check back on a crime scene. It looks bad. It means if they can do that to him, they can do that to anybody. I well believe it was a set up photo opportunity or how lucky for the photographer to get the front page spot. I do not mean that they knew what his movements would be for the day, only that it was a good chance he would use the road that day. IMO

The media were there covering the bush search for William. Camera's set up and ready to go.
BS had the respect of a snake, for the media. Why cruise past the search site in the work van, knowing the media would be there? He himself had already stated that he was a person of interest.
imo

Pass.

The Jubes & Lambert conflict doesn't interest me, but the fact of its leaking does, a little. Something more malicious than office gossip there.

Definitely malicious. Big restructuring going on at the SCC recently. Some squads merged and commanders had to reapply for their jobs. A couple of experienced and respected investigators have left and another two are on extended leave. Upheaval in any workplace unsettles employees; including police officers.

Last edited:

Someone posted it could be strategy....maybe.
Not sure what the strategy could be. We have at least heard the name of another member of the team, I guess.
Conflict resolution. Maybe BS and the media organisations he is suing might have to partake in a bit of that as part of the process.
imo

Last edited:
Maybe - someone posted it could be strategy.
Not sure what the strategy could be. We have at least heard the name of another member of the team, I guess.
Conflict resolution. Maybe BS and the media organisations he is suing might have to partake in a bit of that as part of the process.
imo
Could be strategy but I’m not sure how this ‘news’ could relate to the progression of William’s case.

It sounds like tall poppy syndrome to me. Maybe someone with a grudge is doing a bit of white-anting of either Jubes and/or Lambert. A disgruntled colleague or someone else?

Conflict resolution is always a good thing. As ‘they’ say, ‘Life’s too short . . . ‘

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member