Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This incident was in public in Bondi and it does not equate to a verbal confrontation. They should both have been charged.
By the sound of what the officer reported to the DT, that was not a verbal confrontation. imo

And maybe not. Neither Jubes or Lambert filed a complaint against each, nor did any of their colleagues. btw times have probably changed since your friend worked for the police force, IDK.

What a weird thing to say, but if their colleagues witnessing it didn't make a complaint, it sounds like nothing has changed. imo
But yeah, ok.

What a weird thing to say, but if their colleagues witnessing it didn't make a complaint, it sounds like nothing has changed. imo

Maybe it wasn’t as serious an incident as the DT reporter was trying to make out. It could have been a light-hearted comment such as, ‘Jubes and Lambo had a bit of a dust-up at work today.’, etc which was seized upon and conflated to being something it wasn’t. The Daily Terror, as you call them, don’t seem to be held in very high esteem by many people; yourself included, for their accurate reportage.

Last edited:
No the DT didn't state the source was an officer, the DM has added that detail for their version of the story.

Exactly. The DM has a history of ripping off the DT’s ‘news’ stories and conflating them. The same DT reporter who wrote the ‘story’ on Jubes’ and Lambert’s verbal altercation was complaining that her article on Holdom had been ripped off by the DM just last week.

The Tyrrell investigation has been one of the most resourced - intensive cases of the past decade attracting immense public attention and pressure.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
Frustrations boil over between two homicide detectives involved in the William Tyrrell case

The Daily Mail did not include ^^^

These men and woman have lives outside of Strike force Roseann. Families of their own. Day to day life nuances. Personal and family illness, death, broken down appliances, cars to service and lawns to mow. Which tie will I wear to day?
A team of dedicated detectives are giving their all to bring William home.

There is a someone out there, that knows exactly what has happened to William and where he can be found and returned home.

Sometimes the boundaries have to be pushed to the limit to achieve the desired outcome.
Some debriefing will do the boys good it has been a very long, very sad and intense near 4 years.

Thankyou GJ, CL and team for never giving up.

jmo

The Tyrrell investigation has been one of the most resourced - intensive cases of the past decade attracting immense public attention and pressure.

Frustrations boil over between two homicide detectives involved in the William Tyrrell case

These men and woman have lives outside of Strike force Roseann. Families of their own. Day to day life nuances. Personal and family illness, death, broken down appliances, cars to service and lawns to mow. Which tie will I wear to day?

There is a someone out there, that knows exactly what has happened to William and where he can be found and returned home.

Sometimes the boundaries have to be pushed to the limit to achieve the desired outcome.
Some debriefing will do the boys good it has been a very long, very sad and intense near 4 years.

jmo

Hear, hear!

jmo

BBM above. They are working as hard as they can, no doubt. Yet WT still hasn't been found. I hope it's coming. It would be disappointing for the team & everyone who cares for WT if nothing becomes before, or even during, the inquest. I hope something is going on behind the scenes right now for an arrest....or at least something that will help the inquest. keep thinking about their last search - there seems to be something new.. insert prayer symbol

Please tone down the snarky comments that seem to be cropping up in here tonight. It can result in Warning points which can lead to timeouts. In the words of Sugar Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that".

I don’t blame either of them whilst not ideal it is a really serious, high pressure and emotional situation that must be a tremendous strain every day.

If true, it is pretty unprofessional workplace behaviour coming from two experienced and highly respected police officers. The main thing is that NSWPOL have found a solution in conflict resolution.

Pretty unprofessional behaviour from their colleague(s) who went to MSM too, rather than dealing with the incident in-house. (There are Employee Assistance Programs available to every NSW Government Department employee, staffed by psychologists, who can assist with counselling for people who witness incidents such as these.)

In saying that, like you, I can understand that tempers can fray in high pressure workplace situations. We’re all only human after all, no matter what our profession.

Last edited:
I don’t blame either of them whilst not ideal it is a really serious, high pressure and emotional situation that must be a tremendous strain every day.

Agreed.
This was an 'in house' disagreement, never intended for the public or outsiders to know about.
I have seen very professional people have heated disagreements from time to time, in highly stressful situations ... all 'in house', of course. Their professional cloaks come on again as soon as they walk out the door, and the disagreements blow over in time.

I cannot imagine the daily stress the officers are feeling in this frustrating, ongoing case. Everybody needs to give them a break, and the people who slipped this info to the media need their hands smacked. imo

If true, it is pretty unprofessional workplace behaviour coming from two experienced and highly respected police officers. The main thing is that NSWPOL have found a solution in conflict resolution.

Pretty unprofessional behaviour from their colleague(s) who went to MSM too, rather than dealing with the incident in-house. (There are Employee Assistance Programs available to every NSW Government Department employee, staffed by psychologists, who can assist with counselling for people who witness incidents such as these.)

In saying that, like you, I can understand that tempers can fray in high pressure workplace situations. We’re all only human after all, no matter what our profession.
A little out of character as well I would think which does lead one to think it must have been something fairly significant.

Agreed.
This was an 'in house' disagreement, never intended for the public or outsiders to know about.
I have seen very professional people have heated disagreements from time to time, in highly stressful situations ... all 'in house', of course. Their professional cloaks come on again as soon as they walk out the door, and the disagreements blow over in time.

I cannot imagine the daily stress the officers are feeling in this frustrating, ongoing case. Everybody needs to give them a break, and the people who slipped this info to the media need their hands smacked. imo

Yes, I’ve seen that too. Something, often minor, sets them off, they say their piece, then apologise and all is forgiven. It’s just one of the perils of being in any relationship; in the workplace or not.

so my take on this is that the charges were not actually 'dismissed' by the Judge or whoever, but that it didn't proceed because Prosecutor decided not to proceed, so withdrew the charges - in fact IMO those poor ladies possibly decided after the NSW event they couldn't go through it again ??

Yes, you are correct, the charges were withdrawn ... not dismissed.

But prosecutors withdrew the 67-year-old’s charges in the Ballarat Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
“I will mark all charges as withdrawn,” Magistrate Ronald Saines said.
Daily Telegraph - August 10, 2018

being that these Vic charges were dismissed before the Trial starting, can they be reinstated ?

Q: Did the Prosecution withdraw the charges?
A: If they withdraw charges rather than have them dismissed they can re-lay them at some later point

(my note: presumably, in this matter, charges could be relaid if further evidence/witnesses are discovered, rather than relying on tendency evidence)

Withdrawing charges

I agree with all the comments about this being par for the course in such a pressure cooker of stress and emotions. But there's a part of me that kinda hopes it was more than that and when the lid blew off that pressure cooker, there were light bulb moments and something positive will come out of it for sweet William.

* JUNE 14 - William's grandmother scolds police who have failed to find the young boy after four years, and claims their latest search is 'just for show'.

William Tyrrell clash: Lead detectives 'come to blows' during meeting about missing toddler | Daily Mail Online

Maybe they were arguing over this.
Oh ****, we forgot to interview the grandmother. Chucked a few papers and played paper, rock scissors to see who would get the pleasure....:p
Thank heavens for your ice breaker soso.

And let's get back to William.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member