Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bring this from post 1234 a couple of pages back.
He knew the media would be there covering the search. So he did not seem to mind if photo's were taken as he drove by. It was indeed a big news story and he had declared himself a person of interest just a little over a month prior.

BS spoke briefly with The Daily Telegraph that morning before meeting with a number of customers around the mid north coast in his Volkswagen van.

Asked if he had heard the news of the dramatic development in the case, Mr Spedding replied: “I did, it’s quite surprising...they’re only doing their job.”

Police to dig for body of missing toddler William Tyrell | Daily Telegraph
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
Mar 1, 2015 -
updated 2nd

He drove by following that morning chat with the media at about 11 ish and the photo was taken.
imo

It doesn't say he knew where they were though. He just knew of a development. We cannot say for sure.

If anything a guilty man would of stayed away and kept a low profile.

It's all extremely tenuous.

I bet if you asked a Detective (not necessarily those involved in this s***-storm) they'd of hated the media hyping this up on their front pages.

All entirely counter productive to actually finding WT.

It doesn't say he knew where they were though. He just knew of a development. We cannot say for sure.

If anything a guilty man would of stayed away and kept a low profile.

It's all extremely tenuous.

I bet if you asked a Detective (not necessarily those involved in this s***-storm) they'd of hated the media hyping this up on their front pages.

All entirely counter productive to actually finding WT.

Your opinion may well be correct.
My opinion is that he knew the search team and media were set up and was underway.

Last edited:
Which psychologist, JLZ? (There’s no linked quote).
It seems Frogwell's post mentioning a psychologist's thoughts on the case was deleted. I vaguely recall an article reporting the opinion. The general idea was that William may have been taken by a pedophile in regular contact with children who couldn't safely satisfy his urges on those children.

It seems Frogwell's post mentioning a psychologist's thoughts on the case was deleted. I vaguely recall an article reporting the opinion. The general idea was that William may have been taken by a pedophile in regular contact with children who couldn't safely satisfy his urges on those children.

Thanks JLZ. I’ll do a Google search for the article.

ETA: Was it Dr Michael Diamond?

‘If someone took William, it is unlikely to have been their first offence, says Dr Michael Diamond, a forensic psychiatrist and criminal profiler. You dont just do this sort of crime for the first time he says. You would have to overcome other experiential things that confront you if you are going to do something of that magnitude. Is it somebody who has access to a child, and thought about it and not done it because their contact is too obvious, and so it has been a rehearsed and lived-in fantasy without the terrible outcome? Diamond asks.’

Nocookies

Last edited:
The other psychologist's report that bears thinking about is this one .....

Forensic psychologist Dr Yule said police were working on a reasonably narrow abduction scenario.

"There may be a misconception that there is a lot that we don't know about this case. I've visited the crime scene multiple times and there is a lot of information that that location tells us," Dr Yule said.

"Combining that with assessing all the leads that have come into the investigation so far, there really are a limited number of possibilities that can account for William's disappearance and from that there are actually a lot of inferences we can draw about what has likely happened and the likely personality of a person or persons who may be involved."

"You would have to have some other reason to be there and take that opportunity; either visiting, residing or working in the vicinity."

"It does seem that this was an opportunistic crime and when somebody makes that kind of impulsive decision, mistakes are made and it's those kind of mistakes that the investigation is focusing on," Dr Yule said.

Inside the mind of William Tyrrell's abductor

"It does seem that this was an opportunistic crime and when somebody makes that kind of impulsive decision, mistakes are made and it's those kind of mistakes that the investigation is focusing on," Dr Yule said.

Inside the mind of William Tyrrell's abductor
(snipped)

I suppose that's why no one's been arrested yet. The person made so many impulsive mistakes it's taking years to follow them all up.

I think it was pretty clear to Spedding what the dramatic development was ..... the media were bubbling over with the details.

Mr Spedding, a person of interest in the case who has denied involvement in William’s disappearance, said today he was determined to press on with business as usual while police prepare to dig up bushland near his home.
Police to dig for body of missing toddler William Tyrell

Thanks JLZ. I’ll do a Google search for the article.

ETA: Was it Dr Michael Diamond?

‘If someone took William, it is unlikely to have been their first offence, says Dr Michael Diamond, a forensic psychiatrist and criminal profiler. You dont just do this sort of crime for the first time he says. You would have to overcome other experiential things that confront you if you are going to do something of that magnitude. Is it somebody who has access to a child, and thought about it and not done it because their contact is too obvious, and so it has been a rehearsed and lived-in fantasy without the terrible outcome? Diamond asks.’

Nocookies
I imagine so, but perhaps Frogwell can confirm.

(snipped)

I suppose that's why no one's been arrested yet. The person made so many impulsive mistakes it's taking years to follow them all up.

I think most of us on this thread have followed many other crimes on WS. We are aware how difficult it can be to bring a circumstantial case to court. The time put into the investigations. The lengths the investigators must go to get the right kind of evidence ... evidence that will suit our adversarial type of court system.

For example:
1½ years until Karen Ristevski's alleged murderer was charged, even though it was blatantly obvious who the murderer must have been.
Three years for Kylie Blackwood's alleged murderer to be charged, even though the police had info about the car he was driving on the day, very early in the piece, and were onto him.

In William's case, it is even more difficult. No William to offer up any forensic evidence. No idea of where he has been placed. Large blackout areas of mobile activity. This is a particularly difficult case to pull enough circumstantial evidence together to bring charges on anyone.

Last edited:
New laws to force tech giants to reveal data

Tech companies ranging from internet providers such as Telstra to device-makers like Apple could be forced to help law enforcement agencies crack into encrypted communications under new laws unveiled by the Turnbull government on Tuesday.

The laws are designed to prevent situations like the San Bernardino case, where US investigators fought Apple in a drawn-out court case to crack a terror suspect’s iPhone.

The wide-sweeping reforms would also allow police conducting a normal search of a person, like a frisk search, to compel the person to unlock their mobile phone with a password or fingerprint.

There is more to it ....

I think most of us on this thread have followed many other crimes on WS. We are aware how difficult it can be to bring a circumstantial case to court. The time put into the investigations.

For example:
A year for Karen Ristevski's murder to be charged, even though it was blatantly obvious who the murderer must have been.
Three years for Kylie Blackwood's murderer to be charged, even though the police had info about the car he was driving on the day, very early in the piece, and were onto him.

In William's case, it is even more difficult. No William to offer up any forensic evidence. No idea of where he has been placed. Large blackout areas of mobile activity. This is a particularly difficult case to pull enough circumstantial evidence together to bring charges on anyone.
Yes, you are right. I was just struck by the disparity between the profile of the clumsy perp, police on his heels, and the sense some of us have that after all these years the case is only cooling.

Yes, you are right. I was just struck by the disparity between the profile of the clumsy perp, police on his heels, and the sense some of us have that after all these years the case is only cooling.

Karen and Kylie's cases both had clumsy perps, too. And the police were on their heels, for sure. It still took a long time, and the police had the remains of both Karen (be it belated) and Kylie to work with as well.

I don't believe this case has cooled at all. I think there is an evidence issue - I have thought that for a long time. Not enough evidence to suit the prosecutor, to allow a successful chance of conviction in court.
Hopefully, the Coroner's Court can help to sort that out. When the people who are not speaking are compelled to sit by themselves, without partners or family, in front of the Coroner ... and speak.

(snipped)
Thanks for all that, PT. With regard to your statement quoted above, a number of us looked at the online material and I remember the timetable showing that the bus travelled up Benaroon Drive in the afternoon only; the morning bus went straight up Batar Creek Road, past the end of Benaroon Drive without entering. Somebody pointed that out to you and I thought you acknowledged it; anyway I don't remember you disputing it. The (afternoon) route went as far as Ellendale Crescent, which would not take the bus past any part of William's grandmother's place, but we were not sure where it actually turned around, and it's possible that it did in fact proceed to where Benaroon turned the corner as that would have been a convenient place for the bus to turn. However, as I said, apparently not of a morning.

Another reservation I have with your idea about somebody looking for children who had missed the school bus, is that 10:30 is pretty late to be following a school bus; any child who missed a bus timed to get children to school before 9 is unlikely to have hung around the stop for 2 hours afterwards. If the morning route had been up Benaroon Drive, this might not have mattered so much, because the follower could have seen the children playing outside earlier and awaited his opportunity. But if William was picked up by someone trailing the morning route, the child would have to have wandered as far as Batar Creek Road, and William would definitely not have been observable on or from Batar Creek Road at the earlier time applicable to someone looking for missed-bus kids.

I cant recall acknowledging re the timetable and route. If the bus drops off students in the arvo surely they must pickup students in the morning nearby drop off point.

Perpetrator/s just may have been on lookout for quite a while looking for tardy kids and noting their location.

They may have seen William playing earlier than 10.30 his fm had described that the kids were out at front of property riding bikes on driveway. These perps may have been connected to 2 cars fm described. She had 1st seen them 1st thing in morning she has stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLZ
OT. Could someone please confirm if it’s against WS TOS to have 2 IDs? Or is it ok? No and not pointing to anyone in particular, just to clarify.

Tried to find it in TOS but couldn’t, hence the question here.

Oh and I’m not thinking about it either. Having 1 ID is enough for me to handle.

Still cant post links driving me crazy.

Article in Daily Tekegraph 6 sep 2015 headline
Toddler William Tyrrell’s disappearance still haunts Kendall residents almost a year later

A woman named Lydene Heslop stated at 10.30 on day William was abducted her child should have been only child on the street.

OT. Could someone please confirm if it’s against WS TOS to have 2 IDs? Or is it ok? No and not pointing to anyone in particular, just to clarify.

Oh and I’m not thinking about it either. Having 1 ID is enough for me to handle.

Yep its in TOS under rules and ettiquette

"A maximum of ONE account is allowed per person. If you are found to be using two or more accounts, one or more of them will be deleted and you may be banned from WS all together depending on the situation.

The bottom line here is to register one account and stick with it."

Rules - Etiquette & Information

"A maximum of ONE account is allowed per person. If you are found to be using two or more accounts, one or more of them will be deleted and you may be banned from WS all together depending on the situation.

The bottom line here is to register one account and stick with it."

Rules - Etiquette & Information
Thanks SA. I would have thought so. Thanks for confirming.

I remember @Puggle did some extensive sleuthing of the ‘Mr Cruel’ crimes. I don’t know if she ever linked them to William’s case though. Maybe she’ll chime in with her thoughts on this.

Hey Bo...

I can't remember exactly ...

I think I may have simply made mention that one of the few suspects for "Mr Cruel" resided in Lake Cathie ...maybe just to add info...like a "no stone unturned" type comment.

I definitely don't there is any link between the cases though..

If anything .....

Peeling back... reflecting back to the start..

I'm thinking of a strange early morning post (The day he went missing)... a pic of william posted ... arrghh was it around 6.40am.... by a bio...it seemed strange.

Can't seem to locate that person anymore..

Hope that helps...where my heads at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member