Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I'd like to hear directly from police that he's now a suspect, not a journalist interpretation

I am not sure that it matters, does it? He has been a POI for 4 years, has not been cleared - despite intensive investigation.
He has appeared in historical sex charges against very young children. His friends and family have gone quiet. Despite defamation suits against the media, they are still reporting on him.

If police wanted the media to go quiet about him, I think they would ask their contacts to do that. I don't believe it is any coincidence that the journos keep Spedding in the media.

Just to get you up to date:

Police hone in on five suspects relating to William Tyrrell’s disappearance

HOMICIDE detectives are focusing on five “high priority” suspects linked to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell.

The Australian reported that the first high-profile suspect in the investigation remains “a person of interest” but there are also four other “high priority” suspects being looked at, with an inquest set to begin this year.

Following William’s disappearance, the man was identified as a prime suspect by police after they learned he had been at the home days earlier to quote on a washing machine repair and returned a week later to complete the job.

To my knowledge this hasn't been retracted. IMO
Still a journalist's words.

I am not sure that it matters, does it? He has been a POI for 4 years, has not been cleared - despite intensive investigation.
He has appeared in historical sex charges against very young children. His friends and family have gone quiet. Despite defamation suits against the media, they are still reporting on him.

If police wanted the media to go quiet about him, I think they would ask their contacts to do that. I don't believe it is any coincidence that the journos keep Spedding in the media.
Except we have no idea what the defamation suit is about, do we?

Except we have no idea what the defamation suit is about, do we?

I am not sure that really matters? Defamation in print media is always about the published word or image. Defamation in TV media is about the spoken word or image. Nobody seems to be shying away from either. Perhaps just shying away from a specific area(s) of that.

Last edited:
Regardless ....

A police source told AAP detectives working on William's case will push for specific persons of interest - those "at the top of the list" - to give evidence at the inquest.
Coroner to look into William Tyrrell case - 9News

I am not sure it matters what term is used for them, does it?

I don't think it matters either.
Behind the scenes I doubt police get caught up in the POI vs suspect debate, someone described as a POI in public can be the same person police highly suspect of committing a crime IMO

Tony Jones car apparently

Where? In the ACA report?
(I dont get it for another 15 mins. Always later here in SA.
sigh-smiley.gif
Thank goodness I dont live in Perth!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members