Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Five 'suspects', four suspects and a POI, or zero suspects?

Transcribed by me, bold by me:

September 12, 2018
Fourth Anniversary of William Tyrrell's Disappearance
7 News Brisbane
7 News Brisbane

Robert Ovadia, Newscaster (RO): In four years, fifteen *thousand* pieces of information, more than six hundred persons of interest, appeals, forensic searches, parallel investigations, a million dollar reward, zero suspects.

Where *is* William Tyrrell?

The obsessive investigation to find him has no idea and is out of moves.

Detective Superintendent Scott Cook, Homicide Squad Commander (DSSC): So when we're forced into a coronial inquest, ummm, it makes us prepare a berth of evidence, it makes us go over *all* the evidence...

(RO): The inquest is anticipated early next year, examining how William vanished from his foster grandmother's home on Kendall, on the New South Wales mid-north coast.

From the little Spiderman's adoptive parents: "Four years of heartache and four years of endless tears for everyone who held him dear - not knowing where he is or what has happened to him - our sincerest thanks for not giving up on our boy."

This is true ... and a presumption. And perhaps presumed because it is spoken of in the exact same articles that speak of the June search. Not sure that is a coincidence.

It only says that he was digging in bushland. Could be anywhere really. I do wonder where, and why? They seem very careful not to mention even a broad location.

Yesterday, police searching for William were fitted with GPS trackers to avoid missing a single clue as they searched through 600sq m of dense scrub in Kendall where the toddler went missing almost four years ago.

“I’ve been out looking for you with a shovel digging in bushland… I know there’s no point.
“I think you’re dead, I think someone has hurt you bad. I’m so sorry I couldn’t help you.”

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
June 14, 2018
Also, I'm not sure how long BC had been in jail before he was said to get out and go digging... however I just read a couple of days ago an article which stated that the change in search wasn't from new intel, but something they've been meaning to do for a long while.. I'll try to find it.

Also, I'm not sure how long BC had been in jail before he was said to get out and go digging... however I just read a couple of days ago an article which stated that the change in search wasn't from new intel, but something they've been meaning to do for a long while.. I'll try to find it.

Yes, I understand that the main June search was something they had planned for a while, to exclude that William went missing nearby.

It is the shift in the search that I am wondering about. If it had something to do with Brendan's digging.

THE man at the helm of the almost four-year search for answers into the disappearance of William Tyrrell has made a move on new information received as a part of their renewed investigation of bushland around Kendall.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, head of Strike Force Rosann, sent a search team into bushland at Cedars Loggers Lane and Batar Creek Road in Batar Creek on June 27, confirming this was a new specific area of interest outside the perimeter of the original search zone.
It is just four kilometres from where William vanished.

Strike Force Rosann makes a move on new William Tyrrell info

Last edited:

September 12, 2018
7 News Brisbane
7 News Brisbane

Robert Ovadia, Newscaster (RO): In four years, fifteen *thousand* pieces of information, more than six hundred persons of interest, appeals, forensic searches, parallel investigations, a million dollar reward, zero suspects.

Detective Superintendent Scott Cook, Homicide Squad Commander (DSSC): So when we're forced into a coronial inquest, ummm, it makes us prepare a berth of evidence, it makes us go over *all* the evidence...

(RO): The inquest is anticipated early next year, examining how William vanished from his foster grandmother's home on Kendall, on the New South Wales mid-north coast.

From the little Spiderman's adoptive parents: "Four years of heartache and four years of endless tears for everyone who held him dear - not knowing where he is or what has happened to him - our sincerest thanks for not giving up on our boy."

When comparing the report from the Ch7 journo in your post, and the published words from many other publications ..... sounds as if the info about the four suspects and one high profile POI came from the mouth of the detectives or the police media person, to me.

Detectives investigating the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell have reportedly identified five suspects including a person of interest.
Four 'high priority' suspects and one 'person of interest' are being closely examined as part of the police investigation, The Australian reported.

The high-profile 'person of interest' has long been on the radar of detectives and previously provided police with DNA swabs and maintains he was not involved in William's disappearance.
The man had been at the home William went missing from just days before he vanished to provide a quote to repair a washing machine.

Detectives investigating William Tyrrell's disappearance 'have identified FIVE suspects including a person of interest who lives near the new search area'

Interesting to note that this article ^^^ states that the POI lives near the new search area, and also infers that Spedding is the high priority POI ... whereas the other 4 are called suspects.

So ... could this mean that Spedding is the one who lives 'near' the newer search site, and new info was provided about him being in the newer search site area? If so, when was he there? Around the time that William went missing, or later?

Where did this new info come from, I wonder.

Last edited:
Brendan is a troubled soul. His digging more than likely happened in his mind and not physically imo.

"Police sources have confirmed the search of the new area was planned months ago and was not prompted by a new lead."

Nocookies

Det Insp Jubelin revealed that the change of location was based on a 'line of inquiry' police are pursuing, and the information leading to it was uncovered prior to the forensic search commencing two-and-a-half weeks ago.
'This information we've had for quite some time,' he said.

William Tyrrell search: Detectives 'have identified five suspects' | Daily Mail Online

Det Insp Jubelin revealed that the change of location was based on a 'line of inquiry' police are pursuing, and the information leading to it was uncovered prior to the forensic search commencing two-and-a-half weeks ago.
'This information we've had for quite some time,' he said.

William Tyrrell search: Detectives 'have identified five suspects' | Daily Mail Online

Ahh .... so the newer search area info has been in police hands for quite some time.
Makes me wonder even more if it was about Spedding (as per my post just above your post).

Ahh .... so the newer search area info has been in police hands for quite some time.
Makes me wonder even more if it was about Spedding (as per my post just above your post).

Well he's one of five apparently, so it could relate to any one of them. We have no idea where the others live.

Well he's one of five apparently, so it could relate to any one of them. We have no idea where the others live.

I am probably not making myself clear in my previous posts. I will try to put the relevant parts together here, to be a bit clearer about where my perception is coming from.

Note the reference to the five suspects and the one who is separated from them by being also called a POI .. where none of the other four are referred to in that manner.

UBM
Four 'high priority' suspects and one 'person of interest' are being closely examined as part of the police investigation, The Australian reported.
Detectives investigating William Tyrrell's disappearance 'have identified FIVE suspects including a person of interest who lives near the new search area'

The high-profile 'person of interest' has long been on the radar of detectives and previously provided police with DNA swabs and maintains he was not involved in William's disappearance.
The man had been at the home William went missing from just days before he vanished to provide a quote to repair a washing machine.

I am probably not making myself clear in my previous posts. I will try to put the relevant parts together here, to be a bit clearer about where my perception is coming from.

Note the reference to the five suspects and the one who is separated from them by being also called a POI .. where none of the others are referred to in that manner.

Kind of suggests BS lives near the new search area. I wonder if it was reported incorrectly, or if he does in fact live near there??

Kind of suggests BS lives near the new search area. I wonder if it was reported incorrectly, or if he does in fact live near there??

Yes, it does suggest that. It very much suggests that they are speaking of Spedding imo. Very carefully.

I guess, as we have discussed before, how near is near? Are they just trying to point out that he is local to the general area? Or that he now lives even closer to Kendall than in Bonny Hills?

I think that sometimes we need to try to read between the lines, because the media seem to be very careful how they word things about him (notice no name reference any more, just an explicit description) due to the defamation suits, most likely, or under police instruction.

Yes, it does suggest that. It very much suggests that they are speaking of Spedding imo. Very carefully.

I guess, as we have discussed before, how near is near? Are they just trying to point out that he is local to the general area? Or that he now lives even closer to Kendall than in Bonny Hills?

I think that sometimes we need to try to read between the lines, because the media seem to be very careful how they word things about him (notice no name reference any more, just an explicit description) due to the defamation suits, most likely, or under police instruction.
yes how near is near? Also, they do say this person is living near the new search site, which is...weird. kind of specific. i guess it will be a while before we know

And yes i agree with the difference in the way the media refer to him now..

Yes, I understand that the main June search was something they had planned for a while, to exclude that William went missing nearby.

It is the shift in the search that I am wondering about. If it had something to do with Brendan's digging.

THE man at the helm of the almost four-year search for answers into the disappearance of William Tyrrell has made a move on new information received as a part of their renewed investigation of bushland around Kendall.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, head of Strike Force Rosann, sent a search team into bushland at Cedars Loggers Lane and Batar Creek Road in Batar Creek on June 27, confirming this was a new specific area of interest outside the perimeter of the original search zone.
It is just four kilometres from where William vanished.

Strike Force Rosann makes a move on new William Tyrrell info
Yes.. I had thought I had read that the shift in the search was said to have been meant to be done for a long while.. hopefully I will find it..

Reading between the lines is fraught with inaccuracies, imo.
The POI and suspect words are odd, imo, it says to me that they suspect 4 people in the crime and one person is of interest for some reason they may not have disclosed.
Is he connected to a suspect?
Does he know of something that a suspect has done?
Did someone tell him something about a suspect?

September 12, 2018
7 News Brisbane
7 News Brisbane

I agree with your bolded portion. Isn't that why they usually hand it to the Coroner? To see if they can get more leads on who & what to investigate moving forward?
I think if the obvious named POI/Suspects have been thoroughly investigated as they should be by now in the 4 years, perhaps we should of already seen an arrest by now?
LE are still currently asking for the public's help as to the witnessing of any suspicious activity around the area WT went missing from for their coronial inquest/ investigation as well. That is what GJ stated in the video at the time of the recent searches.

Reading between the lines is fraught with inaccuracies, imo.
The POI and suspect words are odd, imo, it says to me that they suspect 4 people in the crime and one person is of interest for some reason they may not have disclosed.
Is he connected to a suspect?
Does he know of something that a suspect has done?
Did someone tell him something about a suspect?
I agree with what you say GW, lots of having to read between the lines IMO.

The article dated June 14, 2018. I think the search commence 13th June.
Says BC was released this month from prison and that he had served 2 months of a 7 month sentence. So he was out for a couple of weeks before the search commenced.

He was living with his mother at Marylands near Newcastle. Is that correct? Near Newcastle.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
William Tyrrell’s dad Brendan Collins breaks silence: ‘I’m so sorry’

Note the reference to the five suspects and the one who is separated from them by being also called a POI .. where none of the other four are referred to in that manner.

UBM

Thanks for going to the trouble of explaining. My first reaction was Eeeeek it's the Daily Mail. :D What I did find of interest within the link was the video of Xanthe Mallet talking with David Koche and her interpretation of what a person of interest is. So thanks for the link SouthAussie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member