Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article dated June 14, 2018. I think the search commence 13th June.
Says BC was released this month from prison and that he had served 2 months of a 7 month sentence. So he was out for a couple of weeks before the search commenced.

He was living with his mother at Marylands near Newcastle. Is that correct? Near Newcastle.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
William Tyrrell’s dad Brendan Collins breaks silence: ‘I’m so sorry’

But when did the reporter conduct the interview? That day/week or months before?
According to rumour BC was released in March.

Thanks for going to the trouble of explaining. My first reaction was Eeeeek it's the Daily Mail. :D What I did find of interest within the link was the video of Xanthe Mallet talking with David Koche and her interpretation of what a person of interest is. So thanks for the link SouthAussie.

Yes she did explain it pretty simply, didn't she. You could have information but it doesn't mean you are a suspect. But if you do have information and you don't tell it, you could be culpable.
So a 'high risk' person of interest is?

Last edited:
But when did the reporter conduct the interview? That day/week or months before?
According to rumour BC was released in March.

March 2017 or 2018?

According to NC he was released in March 2017.

Earlier article - August 28, 2017

Ms Collins said her son had been released from jail in March while William’s mother no longer spoke to her.

William Tyrrell: Missing toddler’s grandmother slams social workers

The article does say BC was released from Silverwater jail two weeks ago, and has been digging in bushland with a shovel.

Last edited:
March 2017 or 2018?

Ms Collins said her son had been released from jail in March while William’s mother no longer spoke to her.

The article does say BC was released from Silverwater jail two weeks ago, and has been digging in bushland with a shovel.

Soso the 'rumours' I refer to are from March 2018.

Yes she did explain it pretty simply, didn't she. You could have information but it doesn't mean you are a suspect. But if you do have information and you don't tell it, you could be culpable.

The many varied terms used in reporting make it very difficult to have certainty in anything really.

Possibly something like this?

High profile ~ person who has featured prominently in the media
High priority ~ persons who are the top of SFR's list
High risk ~ maybe a registered CSO?

This is an old article now and may no longer be the case, but it does show the police on William's case making the distinction between POI and suspect.

'The local businessman has repeatedly denied any involvement in the toddler's disappearance and police have maintained he is not a suspect, but was a "person of interest" and only one line of inquiry they are pursuing.'

Person of interest in William Tyrrell case, Bill Spedding, charged with sexually abusing two girls

Yes, it does suggest that. It very much suggests that they are speaking of Spedding imo. Very carefully.

I guess, as we have discussed before, how near is near? Are they just trying to point out that he is local to the general area? Or that he now lives even closer to Kendall than in Bonny Hills?

I think that sometimes we need to try to read between the lines, because the media seem to be very careful how they word things about him (notice no name reference any more, just an explicit description) due to the defamation suits, most likely, or under police instruction.
BBM, Did you happen to recognize the area where the ACA reporter tried to get Spedding to speak to him, where BS had his hair dyed?
Still driving a white work van too i noticed.
I somehow wouldn't think he would be living in Kendall or close to it after all the media attention focused on him though.
He might have got out of dodge to where he was less recognizable for obvious reasons, IMO.

The many varied terms used in reporting make it very difficult to have certainty in anything really.

This is an old article now and may no longer be the case, but it does show the police on William's case making the distinction between POI and suspect.

'The local businessman has repeatedly denied any involvement in the toddler's disappearance and police have maintained he is not a suspect, but was a "person of interest" and only one line of inquiry they are pursuing.'

Person of interest in William Tyrrell case, Bill Spedding, charged with sexually abusing two girls
I agree blues clues on the high profile being BS because he has been so high profile and in so many reports and online pages etc.

BBM, Did you happen to recognize the area where the ACA reporter tried to get Spedding to speak to him, where BS had his hair dyed?
Still driving a white work van too i noticed.
I somehow wouldn't think he would be living in Kendall or close to it after all the media attention focused on him though.
He might have got out of dodge to where he was less recognizable for obvious reasons, IMO.
It was the Main Street in Laurieton .

I think it depends what MSM articles you read. In the article i posted a few pages back it states 5 suspects. Others state 1 POI and 4 suspects. It's ridiculous really IMO. Wish they could all keep their stories straight.

Just my interpretation, but I think a 'high risk' POI is someone who in the opinion of the investigators has a high probability of being the actual perpetrator. I don't think 'risk' is in relation to concerns about the person reoffending.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying. Is that where he now lives though? Wasn't his place of residence previously in Bonny Hills?
And i also wonder exactly how long ago ACA made the video?
I believe his old business was in the same street and the buzz cafe aswell. I’m thinking footage of him was pretty recent but can’t of course be sure .

I believe his old business was in the same street and the buzz cafe aswell. I’m thinking footage of him was pretty recent but can’t of course be sure .
Ok. thanks. My guess is the ACA vid. was put out as the announcement of the case going to coronial inquest, because the MSM article mentioned about the burned out/rusted car will probably come at in the CI. But they could of been sitting on that info. & video for a while beforehand?

March 2017 or 2018?

I wonder if BC suspects that someone connected to his own criminal activities had done it as an act of revenge?

Ok. thanks. My guess is the ACA vid. was put out as the announcement of the case going to coronial inquest, because the MSM article mentioned about the burned out/rusted car will probably come at in the CI. But they could of been sitting on that info. & video for a while beforehand?
Footage of BS coming out of court earlier this year ,was it February? Certainly didn’t have the dyed hair and combover then.

I wonder if BC suspects that someone connected to his own criminal activities had done it as an act of revenge?
I guess anything is possible, but BC was off his head according to his mother, and affected by his drug taking doing all kinds of weird stuff.
Maybe in feeling helpless in order to be able to help his son or aid in his recovery, it was the only thing he could think to do at the time?
In order for any previous criminal connections wouldn't they of had to know WT's whereabouts at the time in order to abduct him though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879