Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if BS has finished with the Vic court cases?

Does anyone know of a precedent that an arrest is postponed due to pending cases?

Just thinking out loud.

Does anyone know if BS has finished with the Vic court cases?

Does anyone know of a precedent that an arrest is postponed due to pending cases?

Just thinking out loud.

Would there be a costs application if the case wasn't finished?

William Tyrrell ‘person of interest’ has historic child sex charges dismissed
Janet Fife-Yeomans & Lucy Hughes Jones, The Daily Telegraph
August 9, 2018 5:33pm
Subscriber only

A MAN previously named by police as a person of interest in the disappearance of NSW toddler William Tyrrell has had historic child sex abuse charges against him dismissed in a Victorian court.

Spedding’s Victorian matter will return to Ballarat Magistrates’ Court for a costs application on September 20.

Last edited:
Would there be a costs application if the case wasn't finished?

William Tyrrell ‘person of interest’ has historic child sex charges dismissed
Janet Fife-Yeomans & Lucy Hughes Jones, The Daily Telegraph
August 9, 2018 5:33pm
Subscriber only

A MAN previously named by police as a person of interest in the disappearance of NSW toddler William Tyrrell has had historic child sex abuse charges against him dismissed in a Victorian court.

Spedding’s Victorian matter will return to Ballarat Magistrates’ Court for a costs application on September 20.
I read that too and wondered how a costs application worked . I hope these alleged victims are now not left penniless because of lack of evidence . Not that I know that was the reason for the dismissal.

Last edited:
I read that too and wondered how a costs application worked . I hope these alleged victims are now not left penniless because of lack of evidence . Not that I know that was the reason for the dismissal.

It seems that if it is a criminal case (I think the withdrawn case was a criminal one) any attempt to retrieve costs would be against VicPol/DPP .... with the payers being the Victorian taxpayers.

And if Spedding had a Legal Aid lawyer (not sure about that), any reimbursement of costs would go to Legal Aid - which is funded by the taxpayers.

It is in civil cases, where someone is suing someone else, that a cost reimbursement can be brought directly against the other party.

Costs orders | Victoria Legal Aid
http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/NSWBarAssocNews/2011/10.pdf

Last edited:
"In certain cases, you may be able to request that the prosecution pays your legal costs if the charges are withdrawn or unsubstantiated, or if you end up being charged with a completely different offence altogether.

Although unfortunately you won’t be able to claim back the lost time and emotional stress involved in dealing with a wrongful arrest or unfair accusation, recouping some or all of your legal fees can reduce any financial stress that may have resulted from the situation."

Seeking Costs against Police at Court

The costs may not be significant. In this case where charges were withdrawn, the cost reimbursement was $420. Simply the costs that the defendant may have incurred (or Legal Aid may have incurred).

He was awarded $420 in costs.
Police dropped the Charges. Can I claim my Legal Costs?

It seems that if it is a criminal case (I think the withdrawn case was a criminal one) any attempt to retrieve costs would be against VicPol .... or, more correctly, Victorian taxpayers.

And if Spedding had a Legal Aid lawyer (not sure about that), any reimbursement of costs would go to Legal Aid.

It is in civil cases, where someone is suing someone else, that a cost reimbursement can be brought directly against the other party.

Costs orders | Victoria Legal Aid
http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/NSWBarAssocNews/2011/10.pdf
Thanks south Aussie I did try to google it but got a bit lost in the legal jargon. I did gather that they can be withdrawn for now but not for good.

Last edited:
Reasons why anyone could have been in Benaroon Drive that day: (please add you thoughts)

1. They lived there
2. They had business there
3. 4WDriving through the tracks
4. They were visiting someone
5. They were looking at property
6. Council workers eg. bin swaps, bin pickups etc
7. Just having a wander around Kendall

Reasons why anyone could have been in Benaroon Drive that day: (please add you thoughts)

1. They lived there
2. They had business there
3. 4WDriving through the tracks
4. They were visiting someone
5. They were looking at property
6. Council workers eg. bin swaps, bin pickups etc
7. Just having a wander around Kendall
I’m going with #2 .

I was just re reading NC ‘s interview. Every thing is contradictory in the timeline of Williams placement in care. She blames everyone , facs , the foster parents then begs for the help for her son to be placed in rehab on our expense but at the same time she seems on constant holiday, I think she needs to put her money where her mouth is. If she is that concerned. She quotes saying she can’t work ect and has not been paid for any interviews. She doesn’t seem that destitute or hard up or even grieving to me . IMO. I want to to add to that a previous poster Whose posts were not removed gave us very good insight to the character of NC . I think she is trying to be relevant for more airtime to grab her cash and go. Sorry this was not in my response to anyone but that woman IMO is a opportunistic nasty woman .

Last edited:
I think #1 is probably the most likely.
Opportunity in a small window. The search was for a missing child for quite some time, opportunity to whisk him away, any evidence etc, before police changed tack and started searching houses etc.

Opportunity in a small window. The search was for a missing child for quite some time, opportunity to whisk him away, any evidence etc, before police changed tack and started searching houses etc.
Number 1 was who lived there , do you think someone within the premises. I think it was pretty concluded very early that William was not just a little boy that wondered off. Police that day that arrived came to that conclusion very early I believe .

The search was and still is for a missing child. I think all houses etc were searched that day from memory

Six days into the search for the three-year-old, Superintendent Paul Fehon made the grim announcement this morning that “experts ... cannot substantiate at this point in time that survival could exist”.

The complete absence of evidence - tracks, scent trails, pieces of clothing, blood or hair - to suggest William wandered alone into bush has heightened fears he may have been abducted.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

If I knew that, I would have a million $
Well he is missing, presumed abducted . You said you went with scenario number one that it was a resident , I just asked for your response as to why. And no you wouldn’t have a million dollars I doubt for your own scenario. It’s fair to ask your reason to suspecting a resident , if you can’t respond as to why then that is fine

Last edited:
Well he is missing, presumed abducted . You said you went with scenario number one that it was a resident , I just asked for your response as to why. And no you wouldn’t have a million dollars I doubt for your own scenario
No, you asked me who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member