Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there's definitely a problem there!

I wonder if they are making the correction to the name shown, which was discussed yesterday? Police made quite a big deal when in the news just recently, to ensure that the inquest would not get postponed, that it would still begin, that it would be represented by someone else, etc. Seems very strange that they would now cancel it or postpone it? Even if suddenly the case was solved and charges were imminent, would they be so quick to cancel the inquest altogether?

BBM--I don't know, but I wouldn't assume that all witnesses to be called get disclosure. They certainly don't in a trial; only the accused. I am speculating that those who have applied for and received "interested person" status get a copy of the brief through their lawyer. As far as I'm aware that would be BS and PS, foster parents and FACS. In which case it couldn't explain PS seeking representation; he would have had to have known he wanted a lawyer involved before getting access to the brief.

Edit: I'm not sure I agree with the last part of what I said there. There may well be some early-stage mechanism for informing prospective witnesses that the brief contains material which may be prejudicial to them.
Yes, you're right,.. not all witnesses would get to see the disclosure.

The talk in MSM about the recording without a warrant - I'm wondering if *someone* (perhaps someone from NSW Police themselves, or whomever was involved in that secret recording) did get to see the disclosure, and that is how this whole thing came to light (in regard to GJ complaint(s) being sent to Professional standards)? But if documentation/evidence had to be revised prior to the inquest to exclude that portion which may have potentially been in there, would that necessitate a cancelling or change of the inquest date? Hmm.

Interesting read. I think it was released earlier this year.
Shaun Carney
The Change Makers
What do you see when you look at this link? This is all I see, and after searching around, I'm not able to see who the '25 leaders' are who are quoted in the book?:

The Change Makers: 25 leaders in their own words
Shaun Carney
Melbourne University Publishing, Feb. 5, 2019 - Literary Collections
0 Reviews
Good leadership. Why is it so elusive? Are there successful traits that can be transferred from one field to another, or is it a constant application of imagination to the changing challenges? How do you take others with you?

Now more than ever we need leaders who can be strong yet humble, bold and assertive when it counts but have the capacity to listen and learn, who can motivate and influence, and who can get the best out of those around them.

Twenty-five outstanding Australian leaders—from diverse worlds such as science, the police force, a netball team, a spy agency, emergency medicine, business, politics and unionism—share their insights and lessons on the essence of inspiring leadership.
Write a review[/paste:font]
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.

Feb. 5, 2019
No preview
Title The Change Makers: 25 leaders in their own words
Author Shaun Carney
Publisher Melbourne University Publishing, 2019
ISBN 0522874797, 9780522874792
Subjects
Literary Collections

Essays
Literary Collections / Essays
Export Citation

About Google Books - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Blog - Information for Publishers - Report an issue - Help - Sitemap - Google Home

What do you see when you look at this link? This is all I see, and after searching around, I'm not able to see who the '25 leaders' are who are quoted in the book?:

The Change Makers: 25 leaders in their own words
Shaun Carney
Melbourne University Publishing, Feb. 5, 2019 - Literary Collections
0 Reviews
Good leadership. Why is it so elusive? Are there successful traits that can be transferred from one field to another, or is it a constant application of imagination to the changing challenges? How do you take others with you?

Now more than ever we need leaders who can be strong yet humble, bold and assertive when it counts but have the capacity to listen and learn, who can motivate and influence, and who can get the best out of those around them.

Twenty-five outstanding Australian leaders—from diverse worlds such as science, the police force, a netball team, a spy agency, emergency medicine, business, politics and unionism—share their insights and lessons on the essence of inspiring leadership.
Write a review[/paste:font]
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.

Feb. 5, 2019
No preview
Title The Change Makers: 25 leaders in their own words
Author Shaun Carney
Publisher Melbourne University Publishing, 2019
ISBN 0522874797, 9780522874792
Subjects
Literary Collections

Essays
Literary Collections / Essays
Export Citation

About Google Books - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Blog - Information for Publishers - Report an issue - Help - Sitemap - Google Home
One of the leaders is Gary Jubelin. Soso's link took me to his chapter. He talks about his approach to staff management. Also, William's case is mentioned--Gary says he sometimes invites the (foster) parents to team meetings or presentations or something so his staff are motivated by the sense of who they're working for.

Thanks iailwa. Must be a database glitch or else some other admin issue.

Or maybe they are considering postponing it because of the change in SFR? After all there's not much time to get up to speed, should someone need it... Maybe it will be decided when the coroner gets back?

Or could well be a glitch... hope so

Or maybe they are considering postponing it because of the change in SFR? After all there's not much time to get up to speed, should someone need it... Maybe it will be decided when the coroner gets back?

Or could well be a glitch... hope so
If the former is the case, there’s always the dates laid down in August to hold the first part of William’s inquest, I suppose.

I hope it’s just a glitch on the Court Lists Online Search website too.

If the former is the case, there’s always the dates laid down in August to hold the first part of William’s inquest, I suppose.

I hope it’s just a glitch on the Court Lists Online Search website too.

I hope it's not delayed till August unless absolutely the best for William... :( poor little guy. I hope he's pointed them in the right direction through some grace of god/universe - if that's possible? :( where the hell is he?

I hope it's not delayed till August unless absolutely the best for William... :( poor little guy. I hope he's pointed them in the right direction through some grace of god/universe - if that's possible? :( where the hell is he?
Yes. This has gone on for too long. It must be tortuous for his loved ones and SFR.

I really hope the investigation into DCI Jubelin is concluded soon. I agree with Mark and Faye Leveson. Pretty piss-poor planning from the powers-that-be within NSWPOL (and I include Professional Standards and his colleagues who made complaints against him in that category. Yeah, I know I’m biased. I’m thinking of starting the Gary Jubelin Fan Club and installing myself as President-for-Life :))

In the meantime, I wish him all the best. May he be free from suffering as a result of the current internal investigation. May he be happy in his work and personal life. May he flourish in the position he now holds within the Homicide Squad and may he find peace in the future, whatever that may bring.

Last edited:
Could it be that this recording is very valuable (despite inadmissible) evidence, so he's been pulled up by top echelons, or could it be a vendetta for something same/or even more banal - by a team member in order to remove/reprimand him? It might have been something the team would ordinarily keep to themselves.

Recording without a warrant is not good, obviously, but I would imagine it happens from time to time, and is kept secret. It can be a useful tool to put forward valuable questions - despite it's naughtiness. I hope Jubes can attend the inquest though, whenever it is - he has sure put some hard yards in for William in the last few years !!

I really hope the investigation into DCI Jubelin is concluded soon. I agree with Mark and Faye Leveson. Pretty piss-poor planning from the powers-that-be within NSWPOL (and I include Professional Standards and his colleagues who made complaints against him in that category. Yeah, I know I’m biased. I’m thinking of starting the Gary Jubelin Fan Club and installing myself as President-for-Life :))

In the meantime, I wish him all the best. May he be free from suffering as a result of the current internal investigation. May he be happy in his work and personal life. May he flourish in the position he now holds within the Homicide Squad and may he find peace in the future, whatever that may bring.
Haha i'll join Bo! I hope his desk job will move by quickly & he'll be back out there chasing down the real culprits

Could it be that this recording is very valuable (despite inadmissible) evidence, so he's been pulled up by top echelons, or could it be a vendetta for something same/or even more banal - by a team member in order to remove/reprimand him? It might have been something the team would ordinarily keep to themselves.

Recording without a warrant is not good, obviously, but I would imagine it happens from time to time, and is kept secret. It can be a useful tool to put forward valuable questions - despite it's naughtiness. I hope Jubes can attend the inquest though, whenever it is - he has sure put some hard yards in for William in the last few years !!

I’m thinking the latter reason in your first paragraph as I can’t see Jubes doing anything that may jeopardise a possible conviction.

I hope he can attend William’s inquest if only for William’s FP’s sakes. I think they probably rely pretty heavily upon Jubes for his support.

I’m thinking the latter reason in your first paragraph as I can’t see Jubes doing anything that may jeopardise a possible conviction.

I hope he can attend William’s inquest if only for William’s FP’s sakes. I think they probably rely pretty heavily upon Jubes for his support.

They obviously do. So sad... he has included them in so much. And the second paragraph - well, there has been some feathers ruffled for sure. If it was banal or minimal - maybe he'd just get a slap on the wrist? I fear it's a little worse, but that doesn't mean he can't comeback. I wonder of it's importance for this to occur? I don't know - obviously MOO

They obviously do. So sad... he has included them in so much. And the second paragraph - well, there has been some feathers ruffled for sure. If it was banal or minimal - maybe he'd just get a slap on the wrist? I fear it's a little worse, but that doesn't mean he can't comeback. I wonder of it's importance for this to occur? I don't know - obviously MOO
It seems as if using a phone as a listening device without a warrant is a fairly serious accusation to make against a police officer, especially one of Jubes’ rank, to have one removed as the lead detective/OIC of an active investigation which is about to go to inquest. And, in reality, if (and that’s a very big if as Jubes has denied the allegation) it has happened, I can understand why. Not only would workplace rules have been broken but the law AFAIK. Let’s hope this isn’t the case. From what I’ve read, I believe Jubes’ pushes the envelope but I don’t think he is ignorant of the law or corrupt.

The Registrar of the Coroners' Office has confirmed to a friend the Inquest dates are set at 25 to 29 March and 5 to 30 August. All dates are inclusive.

They are contacting Law Link to ascertain why the listing was changed. The dates given today are set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann