Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back at the beginning of the 'office' searches, in one of the articles, it stated it had previously been a pawn shop and before that a book store. I wonder if that is accurate?

I think it's only safe to discuss what's been reported in the media. Anything else might get the thread shut down. I'd like for the thread to stay open...

As for inconsistencies, possibly something came up when police were appealing for the owners of cars captured by the Kendall Tennis Club CCTV footage?

I forgot about that. You are right that could be a possibility.
I thought it was reported that the inconsistencies were to do with his movement that day. I guess that could mean anything we have heard about his timeline of that day could be analysed as possible untruth! Makes it hard!
I wonder if this 'family friend' they attended the school with has come up with any photographic evidence of him being there. The school wouldnt comment about it to media. Seems like too big of lie to make and too many people at something like that to disprove him being there to take the risk.

IMO, LE would have had WS on their radar within the first 24 hours of WT disappearing, because of his recent being at grandmas house about her washing machine repair, and organising to return with the required part. That would have been enough to justify LE interviewing him. If after one chat everything seemed totally legit, why would LE want to talk to keep talking to him?. I can't find clarification of how many police interviews took place, it was mentioned up thread that he was spoken to three times before the home and office raid/ before the general public were aware of him. I am getting the feeling that things didn't add up and there were inconsistencies in interviews with LE, and as Belz pointed out, maybe CCTV in Laurieton didn't show WS to be where he said he had been at the times he said. Maybe with all of these inconsistencies WS was being watched by the detectives that continued working on the case and maybe his actions were dodgy.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...aring-family-man/story-fnpn118l-1227193777963

'Mr Spedding took part in a 10-page recorded interview with detectives soon after little William l went missing on the day the tradesman was due to fix the toddler’s grandmother’s washing machine.'
'As they checked out everyone’s statements about where they were on that Friday, detectives allegedly found some inconsistencies in what Mr Spedding told them'

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854
'One of the names that popped up early in their inquires was that of Bill Spedding; the tradesman had visited William’s grandmother a few days before the toddler’s disappearance to look at her broken washing machine. He was routinely investigated, along with others who’d had contact with the family in the lead-up to William’s disappearance.'

This article then goes on to say
'At some point a decision was made to step up the investigation into Spedding, and he was interviewed'.

So I don't think WS's septic tank was drained and his house and business turned upside down just because of a crime stoppers tip off

bbm.....yes that and what the heck is at Lake Cathie that had to be done in tandem w/the searches?

Lake Cathie is only 5mins drive from Bonny Hills, so possible the chopper was just turning around and doing a circle, possibly to keep media choppers away? Just my opinion... also, re locations - Cafe Buzz faces Bold St, not Bonser Lane as shows in the previous maps and is directly opposite Laurieton Public School, the pawn shop was on the opposite corner to the school, on the same side of the road, all within an easy walking distance of each other.

Yeah, I was confused by the helicopter at the time and Lake Cathie is right by Bonny Hills so it could've just seemed like it was above Lake Cathie. I don't understand why it was necessary, though. It seems overkill. My first thought was that they wanted to attract attention, like make it a highly visible raid? Or were they looking for a car of interest that might be taking off? You can imagine when it was on the news that morning people would be panicking if they were involved.

Does anyone know the reason for police helicopters in raids? I had a quick look at Google and it said the recent terrorism raids in Sydney were captured on aerial footage by a police helicopter. Is that their purpose? To get footage?

Yeah, I was confused by the helicopter at the time and Lake Cathie is right by Bonny Hills so it could've just seemed like it was above Lake Cathie. I don't understand why it was necessary, though. It seems overkill. My first thought was that they wanted to attract attention, like make it a highly visible raid? Or were they looking for a car of interest that might be taking off? You can imagine when it was on the news that morning people would be panicking if they were involved.

Does anyone know the reason for police helicopters in raids? I had a quick look at Google and it said the recent terrorism raids in Sydney were captured on aerial footage by a police helicopter. Is that their purpose? To get footage?
Maybe they thought WT was actually there and they were concerned that whoever they suspect might've made a run for it with WT in custody, it's a hell of a lot easier for a helicopter to have eyes on a car on the run.

My computer (it is old) does that sometimes if I have too much 'up', too much ram being used, or internet connection not the best.

That's what I am clicking on but it just won't load :\ the page opens and that's as far as it goes. I will try again later I guess :)

Just reading this earlier article pub 1 Nov
Supt Fehon said

* How do you happen across a child that no one except family know is there, and then in an instant snatch him?
* Who would be driving there on that Friday morning at that time?
* Hardly anyone in Kendall had ever met the boy.

also

There have been hundreds of pieces of information handed to crime stoppers since William vanished.

It is not up to the detectives to identify a suspect and throw all their resources into getting the brief on them.
Instead they meticulously work on excluding suspects. That also means delving closer to home.

There is no history of family conflict.
Everyone has been interviewed and the whereabouts of all relatives checked out and verified.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-william-tyrell-casts-dark-shadow-over-town-20141031-11fbdi.html

Relative - Family ??

Relative is someone connected through blood or marriage according to the dictionary.
Family has so many variables these days.

It's interesting to read over the earlier articles, hey? Spedding is one person who had reason to be driving there at that time, but if no-one except family knew William would be there, it brings us back to square one... ugh...

Of course Grandma could have mentioned the visit to Spedding. She could have had photos of William in the house too. Still, he doesn't strike me as that sort of person (but that doesn't mean anything.)

Detectives, including homicide detectives from Sydney, spent much of today searching a unit above some shops in Laurieton.

An employee of a shop underneath told Fairfax forensic officers had taken several items from the scene.

He said he believed a man and a woman lived in the unit but said he had never seen anyone in the office space where police had focused their investigations.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-in-william-tyrell-search#zKHh4ioAhzUHJtPH.99

BBM. So we are talking about 2 separate spaces, the office, and the unit. The unit apparently according to the witness used by a man and a woman, with a mattress? I doubt BS and MS would be staying there, so who could be. Family member? Are the two properties rented by the same person? I feel like the police are excluding some critical information about the search, evidence, and potential POI/POI's.

Detectives, including homicide detectives from Sydney, spent much of today searching a unit above some shops in Laurieton.

An employee of a shop underneath told Fairfax forensic officers had taken several items from the scene.

He said he believed a man and a woman lived in the unit but said he had never seen anyone in the office space where police had focused their investigations.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-in-william-tyrell-search#zKHh4ioAhzUHJtPH.99

BBM. So we are talking about 2 separate spaces, the office, and the unit. The unit apparently according to the witness used by a man and a woman, with a mattress? I doubt BS and MS would be staying there, so who could be. Family member? Are the two properties rented by the same person? I feel like the police are excluding some critical information about the search, evidence, and potential POI/POI's.

The police took a single mattress away. That doesn't mean it was the only mattress in the unit. Quite possible a double for the man and woman in the unit as well is what I'm thinking.

The police took a single mattress away. That doesn't mean it was the only mattress in the unit. Quite possible a double for the man and woman in the unit as well is what I'm thinking.
Imo. I cannot see them taking one mattress and leaving another. . Surely that would be a big error on their part if this was the case.

I just wanted to bump this post from Amee back in Thread 2, as it may have some significance (BBM). Unfortunately, the Australian article is now subscriber only - though it wasn't at the time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-NSW-12th-Sept-2014-2&p=10987443#post10987443

I was actually looking for an old post about the police having contacted known sex offenders, but there was one they couldn't find. I am almost positive that I read that here quite a while ago. But I can't find the post. :sigh:

i saw that too, think it was on a missing persons or police fb page and there was a photo or sketch of him and his name, i think police were concerned he hadnt checked in but think it was a distance from kendall?

Is it normal that police wouldn't put out a reward of some kind for a missing person, or has there been one put out already? Just thought it might be a strategy to try and get more info for the cops.

That's interesting, the scene I imagined was just an old mattress being laid out in the back of an office. Impromptu.

me too! just a squalid dirty room with a grubby single mattress and computer and old takeaway containers!
definately no linen!

I feel like the police are excluding some critical information about the search, evidence, and potential POI/POI's.

I bet... look at all we've learnt in the past 2 weeks after 4 months of nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustygirl1600