Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone find this news clip??? Thinking it was Channel7 interviewing family member Kylie Handsaker.
Please?
Going crackers trying to find it.

Hello everyone,

First post for me too! I discovered websleuths last year when WT went missing and have been reading ever since and especially the last few days, I am obsessed!!!

I work in Laurieton 2 days a week and live about 40mins away so it is all very close to home.

Does anyone else wonder why BS & MS were at Port Macquarie Police station yesterday? I find it odd. Have they been asked to check in with police?? I would have thought they would be laying low. Also, how did the media know they would be there?? Did police tip them off??? I smell something fishy!

I have a really bad feeling about this poor little boy, it really breaks my heart.

Another guest that was lurking, who has decided to join up.

A few things:
I just watched the WS interview on Channel 10 and they showed better footage of the septic tank being emptied. The pile of bricks like in the 2013 pic was next to it, but it was like the bricks had been taken off the lid and stacked next to it so that the septic guy could get to it.

Does anyone have a link for this footage?

This kind of looks like the top of the septic tank, but it could just be a pile of rubble.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/21/24E3D88500000578-2919401-image-m-15_1421813025453.jpg

I am wondering if the septic is a waste water treatment system. These have a number of joined tanks underground. The lid that is above ground, would be for the tank that contains the treated water, that gets pumped out onto the garden when there is enough water in the tank. (if working properly, this tank doesn't smell, hence why the lid is exposed). The other tanks would contain the solid waste and sludge, and to access these, one has to dig down a bit, as the dirt helps contain the smell.

If it is indeed a waste water treatment system - these typically have to be serviced every 3 months. (council regulations). The lid is taken off and a sample of water is taken and tested, other things are checked, and a copy of the report is sent off to council. Since it has been 4 months, one would assume it has been serviced at least once during this time.

Also, if the lid had been damaged, then it would have been replaced. (service person would have ensured it was, due to safety reasons, plus being a rental, surely the property manager would have inspected it in the 12 months since it was driven on and damaged). I can't imagine how broken bits of concrete can remain on top, without falling into the tank, unless there was an unbroken lid underneath.

The pile of bricks might just be used for them to rest the lid on when it's taken off (the lids are made of concrete and are extremely heavy - ours is in 2 halves and to remove them, we slide them off. Half a lid can easily fall down into the tank. (and what a massive pain to retrieve!)

Perhaps it had just been serviced, and something wasn't quite right, hence why the police were very interested in it when they arrived?

Colin Youngberry, a Vietnam veteran from Laurieton, says he has known Spedding for almost three decades and that Spedding is devastated to be linked to William’s disappearance. Margaret Spedding is Youngberry’s wife’s cousin. Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners.

Until four years ago Spedding, an electrician, and Margaret had lived in western NSW at Coonabarabran and Wellington. Four years ago they moved back to the mid-north coast, where Margaret was raised. They initially bought a unit, but sold that when they took on the guardianship of Margaret’s three grandchildren, and moved into larger rented premises to accommodate the boys, who came across from Wellington.

Youngberry says he will not reveal the reasons why they were not living with their own parents but adds: “You can draw your own conclusions, it isn’t that hard.”

This was the first real stability those kids have had, Youngberry claims, and all that is now in *jeopardy. The children were this week taken away by Department of Community Services workers. Youngberry says they were staying with other relatives and that the kids were removed only to shield them from the intense media scrutiny.

Youngberry says he believes Spedding is innocent and claims he has seen a document — a bank statement — proving he was at a cafe in Laurieton, and nowhere near Kendall, when young William was abducted.

“I feel too for William’s family,” he says. “They’ve been dragged through this thinking there’d be an outcome.” He doesn’t think his friend will be charged — and that, he says, means the kidnapper is still out there.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

Very minor point but did anyone notice the sign on the 9 news video with WS/MS when theyou show the pawn brokers shop. There is a sign saying "upstairs on first floor". (Screen shot attached). If it was upstairs then who owns/rents or what is downstairs and how can there be a unit upstairs? I pictured the pawn shop at street level and the unit upstairs to be living quarters (like a flat in the UK)??

Can anyone tell me how to attach a screen shot/pic?

Very minor point but did anyone notice the sign on the 9 news video with WS/MS when theyou show the pawn brokers shop. There is a sign saying "upstairs on first floor". (Screen shot attached). If it was upstairs then who owns/rents or what is downstairs and how can there be a unit upstairs? I pictured the pawn shop at street level and the unit upstairs to be living quarters (like a flat in the UK)??

yes i saw that too and assumed there was a just flat upstairs, theres probably a hallway with a flat up there too, and maybe he rents the whole top floor

It's a pawn shop and money lender. You need to be tough as to be a money lender - there are loads of druggies and benefit types in these towns.

Another guest that was lurking, who has decided to join up.

Does anyone have a link for this footage?

This kind of looks like the top of the septic tank, but it could just be a pile of rubble.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/21/24E3D88500000578-2919401-image-m-15_1421813025453.jpg

I am wondering if the septic is a waste water treatment system. These have a number of joined tanks underground. The lid that is above ground, would be for the tank that contains the treated water, that gets pumped out onto the garden when there is enough water in the tank. (if working properly, this tank doesn't smell, hence why the lid is exposed). The other tanks would contain the solid waste and sludge, and to access these, one has to dig down a bit, as the dirt helps contain the smell.

If it is indeed a waste water treatment system - these typically have to be serviced every 3 months. (council regulations). The lid is taken off and a sample of water is taken and tested, other things are checked, and a copy of the report is sent off to council. Since it has been 4 months, one would assume it has been serviced at least once during this time.

Also, if the lid had been damaged, then it would have been replaced. (service person would have ensured it was, due to safety reasons, plus being a rental, surely the property manager would have inspected it in the 12 months since it was driven on and damaged). I can't imagine how broken bits of concrete can remain on top, without falling into the tank, unless there was an unbroken lid underneath.

The pile of bricks might just be used for them to rest the lid on when it's taken off (the lids are made of concrete and are extremely heavy - ours is in 2 halves and to remove them, we slide them off. Half a lid can easily fall down into the tank. (and what a massive pain to retrieve!)

Perhaps it had just been serviced, and something wasn't quite right, hence why the police were very interested in it when they arrived?

Very possible!

Pawnshop has been closed for ages but they still kept the space rented? That seems weird. Why waste money on renting a space not being used? It is definitely on the first floor. I have worked in Laurieton for 12 months and had not ever noticed it before this week.

The lease on the pawn shop may have been for 3 years. If the business was not profitable it would be best to shut shop and work as a repairman. Being in a business without income coming in is a waste of hours when you could be out earning. I would say the rent would not be high.

Yes, there was a pic posted in the media a couple of days after the raid in Laurieton. it showed a liquor store and a clothing store on the ground floor, and there was a sign upstairs that said, "Speddos Pawn", so it looked like you would have to go upstairs to get to the shop.

It was reported that the pawn shop had been closed for some time because the town was not big enough to service the shop.

At the time of the raid, the media reported that the police were interested in "an office and a flat" upstairs. They confiscated a single mattress and computer equipment, however a person working at a shop downstairs said he thought that a couple lived in the flat. Why confiscate just a single mattress? If there was a couple living up there, wouldn't there be at least a double mattress?

I just found this from onthehouse.com.au - it's a website that shows info about almost every property in Australia:

http://www.onthehouse.com.au/sold/history/21107869/65_Bold_Street_LAURIETON_NSW_2443/

If anyone has a subscription to RP Data it would show more detailed information.

There was a photo on here of a newspaper article that contained details on people not remembering WS on the day he said he was drinking coffee.

Anyone know what the article was?

Pity important items get censored on here. It was a photo of a newspaper. Not being able to discuss that is a hinderance.
I found this and thought applies,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-search-abducted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html
The friend said Mr Spedding then went to go meet his wife for coffee at Buzz Cafe, 140m away from his office on the opposite side of the street. Cafe manager Lisa, who did not wish to give her last name, said she recognised Mr Spedding and his wife but said they hadn't come into the cafe 'in a while'.*

She told Daily Mail Australia that police had come into the cafe to ask if she recalled seeing Mr Spedding on September 12. 'I've seen him before but I can't remember that specific day,' she told Daily Mail Australia.*

There was a photo on here of a newspaper article that contained details on people not remembering WS on the day he said he was drinking coffee.

Anyone know what the article was?

Pity important items get censored on here. It was a photo of a newspaper. Not being able to discuss that is a hinderance.

Argh! Yes, I saved it and I've tried to google phrases from the article but it's not coming up in the search. That article was a cracker! Who published it??? It said people he named did not remember seeing him being there having a coffee. Could've been the cafe manager?

Just found via google that someone linked to this is a 2015 Senior Citizen of the Year Australia Day nominee. Not BS or MS.

Isn't BS 63 and MS in her 50's? Not sure if either would qualify for being a senior citizen at those ages anyway.

I read that article, it stated that even though the woman at the cafe could not remember what day they were there his bank card was used there that day at 10am

I found this and thought applies,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-search-abducted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html
The friend said Mr Spedding then went to go meet his wife for coffee at Buzz Cafe, 140m away from his office on the opposite side of the street. Cafe manager Lisa, who did not wish to give her last name, said she recognised Mr Spedding and his wife but said they hadn't come into the cafe 'in a while'.*

She told Daily Mail Australia that police had come into the cafe to ask if she recalled seeing Mr Spedding on September 12. 'I've seen him before but I can't remember that specific day,' she told Daily Mail Australia.*

so he still uses the office then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member