Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I would be interested in finding out the type of vehicle the postie had. Would then perhaps give an indication as to what kind of "sound" was heard by neighbours whom thought it was the Postie that day. Was it a purr..such as a car that runs on LPG?? A deep putter like a Diesel motor? Or tinny like a Postie Bike??

The woman also wept when she recalled seeing a third vehicle that morning – a green or teal-looking car which reversed in a neighbouring driveway and drove off.
William Tyrrell inquest: foster mother recalls seeing two cars the morning he disappeared
I had an old Green/Teal car years ago. was a Falcon XE. Did Fords still have cars that colour after the "X" range? They would be pretty old cars now.

BBM

Back in thread 39 starting at post 1485 - The Crabbe's did not arrive home until 9:30am. Mrs Crabbe said the car sounded like the postie and was going quite fast. It was not until later that he thought it could have been someone picking up William. Maybe the car the Crabbe's heard and the car that the ffc saw when the children were riding their bikes on the driveway were not the same cars.

I only recall it being said witnesses saw a 4WD leaving Benaroon Drive about the time William disappeared and speeding through Kendall streets. Can't recall the mention of it being snapped on cctv.

Well, if it left around the time that William went missing it wouldn't have been FD. His Skype appointment was earlier than that. And he was back home shortly after William disappeared.

"Some names on that list have been previously released by police but sources say one so-far unidentified person will be watched closely when they are called in front of the inquest.
The person in question is said to be a man who has never been publicly discussed or known to be the focus of the investigation, The Sun-Herald reported.
He is reportedly expected to be the focus of the inquest."
New person of interest expected to take centre stage at William Tyrrell inquest

bbm

I find it strange to hear/read, that one unknown person "will be watched closely". It does sound like influencing the public previous to the inquest. Otherwise that is frowned upon, often. :confused:
Of course, I'm the last one, who doesn't find it interesting! :)

BBM

Small places with minimal traffic rarely require CCTV. I'm not sure there would have been many in use when this all occured. I doubt the cars were made up or imagined though. As there "may" have been a camera to disprove their existence there on that day, at that time.
Those cars were there. Why..?? We'll have to wait n see with that one!

There are a couple of CCTV cameras that we are aware of. One at the tennis courts, and one at the bottle shop. The bottle shop owner said that police had come by and told her not to delete her CCTV footage.

The one at the tennis courts caught a lot of traffic going in/out of Kendall toward Port Macquarie, Laurieton, Lakewood way. The police at one point were asking people to come forward and identify their vehicle in a bunch of stills that they took from that CCTV footage.

"At Kendall Cellars, shop owner Rheannon Chapman was told not to delete anything from her CCTV."
The day William Tyrrell vanished

"POLICE investigating the baffling disappearance of toddler William Tyrell from the small town of Kendall are focusing their investigation on CCTV footage taken from the local tennis club.
Investigators will today set up at the Kendall Tennis Club with still images taken of all cars captured on the club’s CCTV camera on the morning William went missing in the hope of identifying any suspicious vehicles.
Port Macquarie Superintendent Paul Fehon, who is leading the investigation into the three-year-old’s disappearance nine weeks ago, said police were asking everyone who drove past the Graham St club before 11am on September 12 to come forward and identify their vehicle.
“We’re trying to match them up to see if we can eliminate the local cars and then see if we’ve got cars that are unusual,” Supt Fehon said."
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

There are a couple of CCTV cameras that we are aware of. One at the tennis courts, and one at the bottle shop. The bottle shop owner said that police had come by and told her not to delete her CCTV footage.

The one at the tennis courts caught a lot of traffic going in/out of Kendall toward Port Macquarie, Laurieton, Lakewood way. The police at one point were asking people to come forward and identify their vehicle in a bunch of stills that they took from that CCTV footage.

"At Kendall Cellars, shop owner Rheannon Chapman was told not to delete anything from her CCTV."
The day William Tyrrell vanished

"POLICE investigating the baffling disappearance of toddler William Tyrell from the small town of Kendall are focusing their investigation on CCTV footage taken from the local tennis club.
Investigators will today set up at the Kendall Tennis Club with still images taken of all cars captured on the club’s CCTV camera on the morning William went missing in the hope of identifying any suspicious vehicles.
Port Macquarie Superintendent Paul Fehon, who is leading the investigation into the three-year-old’s disappearance nine weeks ago, said police were asking everyone who drove past the Graham St club before 11am on September 12 to come forward and identify their vehicle.
“We’re trying to match them up to see if we can eliminate the local cars and then see if we’ve got cars that are unusual,” Supt Fehon said."

Just to add to that, they couldn't see number plates from the Tennis court CCTV:

“Unfortunately, it’s not a head on or behind shot where we would have number plates, it’s only descriptions of cars."

Just to add to that, they couldn't see number plates from the Tennis court CCTV:

“Unfortunately, it’s not a head on or behind shot where we would have number plates, it’s only descriptions of cars."

I have often wondered if that CCTV footage is one of the reasons why Spedding is still in the picture.
And if that CCTV footage is one of the reasons why the FD has been cleared.

I remember that we also tried to identify potential CCTV along the way to Lakewood and Laurieton, way back in the threads.

I have often wondered if that CCTV footage is one of the reasons why Spedding is still in the picture.

MFC was also cleared by the skype call, location and timing would be available to Police and also the chemist receipt, but yes it could also be part of the reason he was cleared.

Why do you think that info has been released by the Coroner? If you don't mind me asking.

I consider the information is not being released by the Coroner for direct media publication and it more likely the media are applying for documents and information to the Coroners Office and when successful the media are deciding which snippets they will use and release. It keeps the clicks and marketing drive to their online sites and marketing dollars rolling in.

There was also the North Haven Bowling Club that police had visited in relation to William's disappearance and the owner wouldn't tell media what the visit was about.

We thought that might have been another source of CCTV.

The club is on the way between Bonnie Hills and Laurieton, and is on the only route between Bonnie Hills and Laurieton.

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #32

I remember that we also tried to identify potential CCTV along the way to Lakewood and Laurieton, way back in the threads.

More like Jubelin's focus on Spedding once put him in the picture as you say but things seemed to have changed now. It will be interesting to see what the allegations against Jubelin involving falsifying affidavits as detailed in a media link I posted a couple of days ago.

Since Jubelin's removal from the case there appears to be a different focus.

More like Jubelin's focus on Spedding once put him in the picture as you say but things seemed to have changed now. It will be interesting to see what the allegations against Jubelin involving falsifying affidavits as detailed in a media link I posted a couple of days ago.

I don't think it's a different focus, the Coroner is working off Police files that Jubelin was in charge of submitting to the Coroner. This has to be the same focus as his files presented.

Well, if it left around the time that William went missing it wouldn't have been FD. His Skype appointment was earlier than that. And he was back home shortly after William disappeared.

Possibility of mis-reporting by the media too. MFC did leave Benaroon at around 9am and he does drive a dark grey 4wd.

I don't think it's a different focus, the Coroner is working off Police files that Jubelin was in charge of submitting to the Coroner. This has to be the same focus as his files presented.

Jubes often said he was not going to discuss the POIs/investigation.

I agree, he submitted the police brief to the Coroner. It is his police brief that the Coroner waded through ... and I don't believe there was time before the first round of the inquest for any addendums to be added to that brief.

Last edited:

My opinion differs. The Coroner's investigation team check everything briefed up. It was after they received the brief that very serious allegations against Jubelin were raised.

bbm
Counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock SC, on Monday said he expected the first week of evidence would show "William didn't fall down the drain or get lost chasing a wallaby in the bush" and was instead taken.

On Thursday afternoon, he told Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame: "This is just the tip of the iceberg, really".

The inquest will resume for four weeks from August 5, when persons of interest will be called to take the stand.

Mr Craddock says the police investigation is ongoing and evidence directed towards outstanding questions of abduction and William's whereabouts will be the intended focus that month.

The missing boy's eighth birthday will be acknowledged on June 26.

William Tyrrell inquest resumes in August

Where is William?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members