Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, did you? An inquest was always inevitable based upon WT's status as a child missing, presumed dead whilst in care. The timing of the inquest which was urged by way of petition by many of the public after it seemed there were no answers after a long period of time, have a right in law to a transparent system of law, may have hastened when the coronial inquest occurred. My understanding was that after that petition was received by the NSW govt, it was deemed inappropriate in relation to an ongoing investigation. I have no problem with anyone in the public requesting by petition what they want. If the law or charges are dropped or changed for individuals based upon their popularity, I have a problem with that. IMO

I only wanted an inquest if the investigation so required it to happen, not because those who had no insight into the investigation thought it should happen.

The petition had been presented once and rejected, then the inquest was announced prior to the second handing in of thus petition. So the timing of the Inquest had nothing whatsoever to do with any petition.

So from what you say, you do have a problem with a petition for dropping charges against GJ, but not a petition about bringing forward an investigation that may not be ready to go to an Inquest, when not knowing what point the investigation is at? :confused:

The only problem I have with petitions is that you can't vote against whatever is being said, the only way is to start your own petition - ever thought of doing that?

But if the officer is undercover, the people recorded won't know it. Would you require a warrant in that circumstance?

Does an undercover officer need a warrant to 'go undercover'? Or does that permission come automatically when you are an undercover officer?

I'm sure that the Undercover branch doesn't operate like this, they would be in Judges chambers all day every day to enable them to do their work.

Does an undercover officer need a warrant to 'go undercover'? Or does that permission come automatically when you are an undercover officer?

I'm sure that the Undercover branch doesn't operate like this, they would be in Judges chambers all day every day to enable them to do their work.

Then you also have Bodycams, that record throughout the Officers duty time. I'm sure there are unsuspecting public that are recorded - is this against the law?

exactly

there is so much grey matter here there is no way the recordings alone charges are gunna stick.

moo

I only wanted an inquest if the investigation so required it to happen, not because those who had no insight into the investigation thought it should happen.

The petition had been presented once and rejected, then the inquest was announced prior to the second handing in of thus petition. So the timing of the Inquest had nothing whatsoever to do with any petition.

So from what you say, you do have a problem with a petition for dropping charges against GJ, but not a petition about bringing forward an investigation that may not be ready to go to an Inquest, when not knowing what point the investigation is at? :confused:

The only problem I have with petitions is that you can't vote against whatever is being said, the only way is to start your own petition - ever thought of doing that?
Maybe one of the strategies of this case that has backfired for GJ is how public he has been as a face of this investigation and possibly other cases and how much he has been willing to court the MSM and harness them as a tool of the police. I wouldn't say that the petition had no impact or didn't hasten when the coronial inquest commenced. The government cannot look like it is swayed in legal procedures and yet often bends to pressure from outside forces. I did use the word,"may" in my post and did not state it as a fact, just something to consider. So if you read my post again, I have nothing against people taking up a petition on any subject. My hope, is that the powers that be do not yield to the petition pressure, especially over unrelated arguments to the charges. Those unrelated arguments are, that victim's families have great regard for GJ's dedication and skills to their loved one's investigations. It doesn't explain why he shouldn't be tried for these charges. Also I find it interesting that besides the article from 7 that posted the article and the link to the petition, that most of the support that has come through the media for GJ's position has come from subsiduaries of 9, the outlet that he has mainly used to harness the media for the investigation, whether it be The Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph, Ray Hadley's rant about his resignation on 2GB. The TV GJ has mainly used to harness the media has been 9 as well. 60 minutes, ACA and the news. Did I mention the 9 subsiduary also produced "Underbelly" of which GJ was a main character in one of the series. GJ has been a cash cow for 9, and 9 have happily been harnessed by GJ. GJ is not some gormless plod with no resources. IMO

Last edited:
Maybe one of the strategies of this case that has backfired for GJ is how public he has been as a face of this investigation and possibly other cases and how much he has been willing to court the MSM and harness them as a tool of the police. I wouldn't say that the petition had no impact or didn't hasten when the coronial inquest commenced. The government cannot look like it is swayed in legal procedures and yet often bends to pressure from outside forces. I did use the word,"may" in my post and did not state it as a fact, just something to consider. So if you read my post again, I have nothing against people taking up a petition on any subject. My hope, is that the powers that be do not yield to the petition pressure, especially over unrelated arguments to the charges. Those unrelated arguments are, that victim's families have great regard for GJ's dedication and skills to their loved one's investigations. It doesn't explain why he shouldn't be tried for these charges. Also I find it interesting that besides the article from 7 that posted the article and the link to the petition, that most of the support that has come through the media for GJ's position has come from subsiduaries of 9, the outlet that he has mainly used to harness the media for the investigation, whether it be The Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph, Ray Hadley's rant about his resignation on 2GB. The TV GJ has mainly used to harness the media has been 9 as well. 60 minutes, ACA and the news. Did I mention the 9 subsiduary also produced "Underbelly" of which GJ was a main character in one of the series. GJ has been a cash cow for 9, and 9 have happily been harnessed by GJ. GJ is not some gormless plod with no resources. IMO
I think that’s unfair, as the lead investigator he was thrown into being the public spokesperson . To me that’s a conspiracy theory that really has no weight .

It is unfortunate that Jubes was not allowed to stay on the case through the inquest. As I feel that his work will be a huge part of resolving this case. It would have been good to allow him the satisfaction of at least seeing the inquest through, seeing that he started that process, worked closely with the Coroner, and it is primarily his work that is in the case notes that the Coroner is working from.

I wonder why we have heard nothing from DCI Laidlaw? At least a few words, a media comment attributed directly to him, a presser ... something to reassure the public that the work on this case is continuing, and continuing in earnest, despite any internal shenanigans that are going on.
I think other interfering bodies from fbook have had a part to play in all of this also

I think that’s unfair, as the lead investigator he was thrown into being the public spokesperson . To me that’s a conspiracy theory that really has no weight .
There are many investigations where the lead investigaor is the public spokesperson. GJ is the most high profile of all of them and has been for some years. If you dig back through many of the threads there are articles which quote GJ as stating that a part of WT's investigation will be harnessing the media. To use the words "conspiracy theory" IMO, is a way to denigrate the quality of what I am saying, as if it is fiction. The lines, relationship I have drawn between GJ and 9 are quite apparent to anyone who cares to look. IMO

There are many investigations where the lead investigaor is the public spokesperson. GJ is the most high profile of all of them and has been for some years. If you dig back through many of the threads there are articles which quote GJ as stating that a part of WT's investigation will be harnessing the media. To use the words "conspiracy theory" IMO, is a way to denigrate the quality of what I am saying, as if it is fiction. The lines, relationship I have drawn between GJ and 9 are quite apparent to anyone who cares to look. IMO
Yes precisely, I see it as fiction with no credibility

Hopefully the petition should go some small way to show a compassionate and dedicated detective, who has given 34 years of service to the NSW Police Force — 4 of those to William’s case — just how much he is appreciated and supported by the public.

I hope Jubes has the time to read through the many, many comments that people have made on the petition.
What a much loved, admired, and respected man he is. The number is just growing and growing.

God forbid GJ who may have gone rogue to help Williams case and put his own job on the line . Good on him. If it was my child I’d want him on the case.

BBM: I have just read a lot of comments that say the same thing.

I hope Jubes has the time to read through the many, many comments that people have made on the petition.
What a much loved, admired, and respected man he is. The number is just growing and growing.

Yes the numbers are climbing, and not only people that he's had to work for their lost beloved missing/murdered loved ones, but people that haven't had him on their case that have stated that they wished he had been on the case of their missing loved ones. Says much about him IMO.

Yes SA, and I don’t think speddings plight of innocence before guilt cannot compare here . A shame some can even compare the charges.

I have just read a lot of comments that say the same thing.

We are all here for William right ? Or is it a GJ beat up forum.
The lead detective of 4 years has been sidelined from the case, resigned feeling disappointed and saddened about what is going on behind the scenes in the case, and had charges brought against him in the way he has recorded information during the course of the said investigation. During those years investigating WT's disappearance, a part of the strategy used under his command was to use the media to bring maximum pressure upon POI's for sustained periods of time, without charging them, and as he has said, he makes no apology for that. These methods have been quite questionable to many citizen's idea of how uncharged people are dealt with in the public eye. I do not believe it is payback or bashing to examine the allegations against the lead investigator or the methods he uses. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray@Payton