Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lead detective of 4 years has been sidelined from the case, resigned feeling disappointed and saddened about what is going on behind the scenes in the case, and had charges brought against him in the way he has recorded information during the course of the said investigation. During those years investigating WT's disappearance, a part of the strategy used under his command was to use the media to bring maximum pressure upon POI's for sustained periods of time, without charging them, and as he has said, he makes no apology for that. These methods have been quite questionable to many citizen's idea of how uncharged people are dealt with in the public eye. I do not believe it is payback or bashing to examine the allegations against the lead investigator or the methods he uses. MOO
Fair enough

And even if a case does eventuate for little William (and I hope it does), I have already posted much information saying that illegal recordings may be allowed - when a judge considers the weight of the info in the recordings against the weight of not using the recordings in bringing justice for the victim (or words similar to that IIRC).

It is cited as a complex area of law.
Yes there must be some situations that they have to make a split second decision to record something and no opportunity to obtain a warrant. Consider making a phone call to someone and then that person not hanging up (or perhaps accidentally making a pocket call back) and hearing a conversation that could help the investigation? I imagine that would be one circumstance where crucial information could be recorded.

Yes there must be some situations that they have to make a split second decision to record something and no opportunity to obtain a warrant. Consider making a phone call to someone and then that person not hanging up (or perhaps accidentally making a pocket call back) and hearing a conversation that could help the investigation? I imagine that would be one circumstance where crucial information could be recorded.
Yes Wex I agree

Maybe one of the strategies of this case that has backfired for GJ is how public he has been as a face of this investigation and possibly other cases and how much he has been willing to court the MSM and harness them as a tool of the police. I wouldn't say that the petition had no impact or didn't hasten when the coronial inquest commenced. The government cannot look like it is swayed in legal procedures and yet often bends to pressure from outside forces. I did use the word,"may" in my post and did not state it as a fact, just something to consider. So if you read my post again, I have nothing against people taking up a petition on any subject. My hope, is that the powers that be do not yield to the petition pressure, especially over unrelated arguments to the charges. Those unrelated arguments are, that victim's families have great regard for GJ's dedication and skills to their loved one's investigations. It doesn't explain why he shouldn't be tried for these charges. Also I find it interesting that besides the article from 7 that posted the article and the link to the petition, that most of the support that has come through the media for GJ's position has come from subsiduaries of 9, the outlet that he has mainly used to harness the media for the investigation, whether it be The Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph, Ray Hadley's rant about his resignation on 2GB. The TV GJ has mainly used to harness the media has been 9 as well. 60 minutes, ACA and the news. Did I mention the 9 subsiduary also produced "Underbelly" of which GJ was a main character in one of the series. GJ has been a cash cow for 9, and 9 have happily been harnessed by GJ. GJ is not some gormless plod with no resources. IMO
Sorry froggy, but I can’t read this. I tried numerous times but got bogged down in the slab of text. Please use paragraphs so that we can read and appreciate your posts properly.

Last edited:
The lead detective of 4 years has been sidelined from the case, resigned feeling disappointed and saddened about what is going on behind the scenes in the case, and had charges brought against him in the way he has recorded information during the course of the said investigation. During those years investigating WT's disappearance, a part of the strategy used under his command was to use the media to bring maximum pressure upon POI's for sustained periods of time, without charging them, and as he has said, he makes no apology for that. These methods have been quite questionable to many citizen's idea of how uncharged people are dealt with in the public eye. I do not believe it is payback or bashing to examine the allegations against the lead investigator or the methods he uses. MOO

BBM - He makes no apology - and - he is also claiming his innocence. Give the guy a break.

Oh would you look at this :cool:

Donations

We are most grateful to the Daniel Morcombe Foundation for facilitating donations to support the search for William. Your donations contribute toward the production and management of variety of communication resources including graphic design, website hosting, posters and so on.

What happened to Bravehearts I wonder?

Sorry froggy, but I can’t read this. I tried numerous times but got bogged down in the slab of text. Please use paragraphs so that we can read and appreciate your posts properly.

I can't read it either. I have to skip over any posts where the words all run together. Paragraphs and spacing helps a lot.

Donations

We are most grateful to the Daniel Morcombe Foundation for facilitating donations to support the search for William. Your donations contribute toward the production and management of variety of communication resources including graphic design, website hosting, posters and so on.

Fabulous that the Morcombes are continuing to support the real efforts for William. Wonderful people.

The Morcombe’s are absolutely amazing. I wish William’s circumstances allowed him to have his parents / carers allowed to speak for him without all the conditions.I know it didn’t help Daniel but still ..... Brett Cowan was stung by a secret recording

William had a crap upbringing as a baby which forced him into foster care. That much we know as fact as kids don’t get removed from the family unless extreme . William was lucky enough to be placed with carers that seemed to have adored him and taken wonderful care and loved him.

William had a crap upbringing as a baby which forced him into foster care. That much we know as fact as kids don’t get removed from the family unless extreme . William was lucky enough to be placed with carers that seemed to have adored him and taken wonderful care and loved him.
Kids can be removed with high risk factors being assessed in their environment without having "a crap upbringing". To state it as a fact is an assumption. IMO

Last edited:

Donations

wonder how long it has been under new management.

I do not think there should be any charges brought against Jubelin for recording interviews but the bullying is another matter. It is completely unacceptable in ANY situation

Ok I will edit my post to IMO

That's okay, TBL. It is likely too late to edit that post. And we get what you mean anyway (or I do). It is crap for any child to enter this world and be exposed to domestic violence and drug use, with not enough effort applied by the caregivers to correct the situation and provide a safe place for the child to live.

William looked very happy in his last pics ... and was able to enjoy the love of both his FP and his BP.

Last edited:
The ground-breaking podcast, researched, written and presented by Harris in conversation with 10 News First presenter Natarsha Belling, will delve deep into the details of this baffling case, revealing things never before heard, with expert interviews and analysis.

Where's William Tyrrell? The New Podcast Out To Get Answers

Thanks, Ruby. :)
Just starting to listen to it now ... it has a heartbreaking start. :(

A person needs to listen to it via iTunes, Spotify or Acast. On Acast, no sign up is required. Just click on the word Acast at the bottom of Ruby's linked article (after the timeline) and it takes you right to the podcast.

interesting question JLZ.

well imo under cover is a law unto itself and sneaky obtained information is legit.
isn't that the point?

moo
At present, "sneaky obtained information is legit" when it's been previously authorized by a warrant. It's still sneaky, because the recorded person isn't shown the warrant. But there's the guarantee that the secret recording is necessary in that a judge has looked over the reasons and said OK. It's not just some cop doing his mate a favour and helping to terrorize the mate's ex-spouse.

The other way to voice-record is to get consent. Or the alternative you suggest (with a change of law), for everyone to know and expect that all police-citizen interactions are always recorded. So no express consent and no warrant. I'm asking whether you'd make an exception where the citizen can't be expected to know the interlocutor is a police officer. I don't mean the police officer should break cover at the crucial point! I mean, be organized and get a warrant first, as I'm sure those who trapped Cowan did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members