Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see RD as a "sneaky, complex" personality (cf Bones, speargun found in Tyrrell search). He seems an undeveloped type who thinks consent is when someone maybe complains and struggles a bit but doesn't scream and fight. And for some reason he really likes cardboard boxes.

I think it's his brother or father that has the cardboard box fetish, he was in jail when they took the van back to Springvale.

I think it's his brother or father that has the cardboard box fetish, he was in jail when they took the van back to Springvale.

Could be that the boxes contained his personal possessions. He likely would not have retained his residence in Taree while he was serving (minimum) 3 years in jail. So the boxes were put in his van, and stored with the van and in the garage.

Apologies as I have not been following for a very long time and I've only read a little of the inquest media so far....
Can anyone tell me if the Bio Mum's brother has been mentioned so far??

Was kinda curious to see if they had touched on why he made a post with a pic of him and William as a baby at 6.20am the day William dissapeared had been brought up.

This was brought up by members here....in the earliest threads.
No, I haven't heard him mentioned in the context of the inquest.

If Donahoe's station wagon was the one seen on Benaroon Drive, I wonder what his connection to Benaroon Drive was? It's been said throughout this whole investigation that you only go onto that road if you live there or are visiting someone. Police seem to think it was someone acting on their impulses, not planned.

Oh, and finally those very old articles about the tennis club make sense. They were investigating this guy. Amazing that his name was kept quiet for so long, unlike other POIs.

Was Paul savage in the SES at all? I know he searched but I think he was just a resident searching. Were any neighbours on Benaroon drive SES? I’m just looking for a connection pre - William missing to if Any reason Donahue would want to be on that street.

Yes, not a station wagon.

Could be that the boxes contained his personal possessions. He likely would not have retained his residence in Taree while he was serving (minimum) 3 years in jail. So the boxes were put in his van, and stored with the van and in the garage.

Minimum 3 years. Such a short sentence considering there were 2 victims!

Could the attack on the SES volunteers have been an opportunistic attack on an SES job out in the bush somewhere?

He was arrested 4 days after Williams disappearance. Could he have known the arrest was coming and committed another opportunistic attack?

And there was definitely something off about him wanting to stamp kids' hands at the service station.

‘Creepy’ sex offender lived minutes away.

Ms Starr told the inquest Donohoe had an ink stamp in the shape of a star which he wanted to stamp children’s hands with, but she told him “we don’t do that, it’s not part of something we do”.

Last edited:
If Donahoe's station wagon was the one seen on Benaroon Drive, I wonder what his connection to Benaroon Drive was? It's been said throughout this whole investigation that you only go onto that road if you live there or are visiting someone. Police seem to think it was someone acting on their impulses, not planned.

Oh, and finally those very old articles about the tennis club make sense. They were investigating this guy. Amazing that his name was kept quiet for so long, unlike other POIs.
Could they have possibly kept his name quiet because he had been arrested and the nature of the case he was eventually convicted for? Not sure on the legalities etc. In disclosing a name. But maybe for purposes of his conviction he could not be named initially as a POI. Just MOO.

Could they have possibly kept his name quiet because he had been arrested and the nature of the case he was eventually convicted for? Not sure on the legalities etc. In disclosing a name. But maybe for purposes of his conviction he could not be named initially as a POI. Just MOO.

Probably. Intellectually disabled persons are protected, so by default his name may have been protected also.
Even in the case law, the persons he offended against are not named.

Minimum 3 years. Such a short sentence considering there were 2 victims!

Could the attack on the SES volunteers have been an opportunistic attack on an SES job out in the bush somewhere?

He was arrested 4 days after Williams disappearance. Could he have known the arrest was coming and committed another opportunistic attack?

And there was definitely something off about him wanting to stamp kids' hands at the service station.

‘Creepy’ sex offender lived minutes away.

Ms Starr told the inquest Donohoe had an ink stamp in the shape of a star which he wanted to stamp children’s hands with, but she told him “we don’t do that, it’s not part of something we do”.

He did not appear to commit opportunistic attacks, as such. Each of the situations appear to be contrived. The victims were staying with him, or alone with him at their own place or somebody else's place - as far as I can tell from the case law.

It appears that he befriended them, then took advantage of them.

Ah right, I just finished reading an article that said it was a van that looked like a station wagon.
"Neighbour and local SES volunteer James Opdam later took the stand ....."
William Tyrrell’s Foster Father Searched For Him ‘Every Day’, Inquest Hears

Interesting....
Will be interesting to see if any association comes up from this as to if he visit James in the past on Benaroon. Or if any hard questioning begins on this subject of previous visits to the street

Probably because LE knew they had him in custody already, so he wasn't a further threat to anyone. jmo.

The coroner says that the closing of the court is in the 'interest of justice'.

Does that sound as if revealing this 'handful of witnesses' and their testimony has the potential to hinder the police investigation? Or perhaps it has the potential to make another witness claim self-incrimination and not testify?

Parts of the William Tyrrell inquest will be held in secret after a NSW coroner ruled it was in the interest of justice for some witnesses to give evidence behind closed doors.
Public scrutiny of the court and its processes was an important factor in delivering justice, the coroner said, but publication had the potential to frustrate its operation.
Parts of the William Tyrrell inquest to be held behind closed doors

Last edited:
Way back in thread 35 there was discussion about the Batar Creek Rd/Cedars Loggers Lane search and the land adjacent to the block searched (which was owned by Batar Boys Scouts).
Deleted member 225719 suggested there may have been a building or a campground on the scouting property.
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #35

This area could possibly be an option for someone sleeping in their car. I wonder if Donohoe was familiar with that part of town?

I've just had an awful thought. Five is the number of POIs at last count. Could all the questioning of POIs be in closed session?
I hope not JLZ

After yesterday's testimony, it appears possible that Donohoe could have been camping out in the area and saw little William and took him. Or he could have witnessed something perhaps if he was there sleeping in his car.

MOO JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member