Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up ... there has been a change ... WS banner now says that WS will be down from 11am Sat our NSW time.

Tricia's post:
The closest time we can tell you Websleuths will be back up and operating is any time between early Saturday, August 24th, to Monday, August 26th. (meaning very late Sat night to sometime Tues our Aussie time)
Barring any unforeseen problems Websleuths will be back up between the time frame above.
WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE DOWN STARTING TONIGHT 8 PM CENTRAL FOR REPAIRS

This inquest is testing everyone's patience. It's highly frustrating for everyone.

I feel that I know little more than when we started back in march.

So much sitting around waiting, I think all up we've probably heard no more than 2-3 full days in evidence, being that we should hear 4 1/2 worth of evidence each days sittings.

There has been no smoking guns.

Closed court sessions , make it hard to know what evidence is being heard & weather they are getting any worthwhile evidence.

Mr Craddock has an extremely slow style, any slower we'd be hearing him talk in reverse :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for such good discussion over the last week. I haven’t had much to contribute but have been grateful for the discussion here.
Have to say though that I’m a little bit devastated that websleuths will possibly be offline just as Spedding hits the witness box. What bad timing

If anything notable happens in that testimony, we can take the discussion to the WS FB pages.

If you mean with the website being down this weekend ... Tricia 'hopes' it will be up on Monday (US time) so sometime Tuesday our (Aus) time. And that is barring any unforeseen issues with the repairs. Could be even longer.
We can take this discussion to the WS Facebook pages if the site is still down. :)

The likelihood that the perfect crime has been committed is so low. It would have needed to be so well planned, and even then there were variables that could not have been controlled (ie. when would William be alone, when would all the neighbours be occupied and not watching, etc).

It is far more likely that certain conditions randomly came together to set the scene for an unplanned crime (although probably fantasised about and rehearsed in different ways in the perpetrator’s mind). So then Occam’s Razor comes into play.. who just happened to be there when William ran down (?) the hill on that fateful day? PS would be the most obvious and is therefore no.1 on my list. BS had reason to have been there (delivering the spare part). RD was also in the area and quite possibly could have chosen to drive/walk down Benaroon Drive given his likely close proximity and happened upon William.

But coming back to Occam’s Razor, PS is the most likely suspect. And considering the lack of anyone to confirm his alibi and his obvious inconsistencies, I can understand why he was a focus for Jubelin. IMO

PS's testimony was really sketchy. And he had the perfect location and circumstances to commit this awful deed.

But he has no prior history of sexual crimes, as far as we know. It seems odd that a man never acts out for 60 plus years, and then suddenly kidnaps and kills a young neighbor child. It seems so unlikely to me.

The likelihood that the perfect crime has been committed is so low. It would have needed to be so well planned, and even then there were variables that could not have been controlled (ie. when would William be alone, when would all the neighbours be occupied and not watching, etc).

It is far more likely that certain conditions randomly came together to set the scene for an unplanned crime (although probably fantasised about and rehearsed in different ways in the perpetrator’s mind). So then Occam’s Razor comes into play.. who just happened to be there when William ran down (?) the hill on that fateful day? PS would be the most obvious and is therefore no.1 on my list. BS had reason to have been there (delivering the spare part). RD was also in the area and quite possibly could have chosen to drive/walk down Benaroon Drive given his likely close proximity and happened upon William.

But coming back to Occam’s Razor, PS is the most likely suspect. And considering the lack of anyone to confirm his alibi and his obvious inconsistencies, I can understand why he was a focus for Jubelin. IMO
And we are 100% sure he was there that day unlike the other ones mentioned..BS and Donohoe.
If PS did grab William and was seen he could have said I found him wandering the street and was just about to bring him home.

PS's testimony was really sketchy. And he had the perfect location and circumstances to commit this awful deed.

But he has no prior history of sexual crimes, as far as we know. It seems odd that a man never acts out for 60 plus years, and then suddenly kidnaps and kills a young neighbor child. It seems so unlikely to me.
I agree it is unlikely, but not impossible. If somebody had certain urges and fantasies that they controlled their whole lives, perhaps the deterioration of frontal lobe function that often happens in older age means that judgement can be impaired. Although uncommon, there are a number of men who are convicted of their first sexual offence in their older years. IMO

Although, we do not know if he has ever had accusations of prior crimes against children ... something that police are likely to know, or have been able to research and find out.

I just can't help but wonder about this, due to his hour and a half of closed court testimony.

I also wonder if the closed court testimony involved the 4 phone recordings done by Jubes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member