DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
okaydokie
that's it then.
its official.
the world has absolutely gone stark raven mad.:confused:

what a ruthless cruel joke.
don't anyone bother coming at me with but its the public lawful rights blah blah.

IT SHOULDNT BE. all interactions with police SHOULD be expected to be recorded. for the PROTECTION OF EVERYONE.

:( and that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

eta...sorry if I sound abrasive. its not personal! x

Last edited:
I am extremely sorry about Mr. Jubelin being found guilty on all charges. He may have been found guilty but he did what he did with good intentions. I still believe he is a good and decent man and he does not deserve to serve time in prison. I hope he is not sent to prison as I would fear for his safety with him being a former detective and the risk of catching coronavirus.

It is a desperately sad situation that William has not been found, the perpetrator(s) arrested and now Mr. Jubelin has been found guilty.

okaydokie
that's it then.
its official.
the world has absolutely gone stark raven mad.:confused:

what a ruthless cruel joke.
don't anyone bother coming at me with but its the public lawful rights blah blah.

IT SHOULDNT BE. all interactions with police SHOULD be expected to be recorded. for the PROTECTION OF EVERYONE.

:( and that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

eta...sorry if I sound abrasive. its not personal! x
I agree

I am extremely sorry about Mr. Jubelin being found guilty on all charges. He may have been found guilty but he did what he did with good intentions. I still believe he is a good and decent man and he does not deserve to serve time in prison. I hope he is not sent to prison as I would fear for his safety with him being a former detective and the risk of catching coronavirus.

It is a desperately sad situation that William has not been found, the perpetrator(s) arrested and now Mr. Jubelin has been found guilty.
Considering it was all done for his caring compassion in trying to find a stolen if not murdered and god knows what else little 3 yr old boy taken from his family woosh ...gone .. its a disgrace alright and imo the Judge has had his ears warmed up,Jail no way..not like savage is a saint either,or any of the other scum rolling around the area ...take a decent man and do this...the mind boggles

From the Foster Parents of William Tyrrell regarding Gary Jubelin, ‘...the situation is that Gary & his dedicated team members have given everything within their power in their resolve to finding William – even often at great personal expense and loss.’ @7NewsSydney

Leonie Ryan on Twitter
Just goes to show how a 3 yr old child is just nothing compared to the selfish behavior of adults who are out to protect themselves

I do understand that there are restrictions generally about "recording" people's words without their knowledge or consent. But it is accepted that in the past, before mobile phones were in everyone's pockets, the Police had (and still do have) a notebook in which they wrote down what a witness or suspect said, whether or not the interview was a formal or informal one and whether they did this in the presence of the subject or afterwards. In fact, there was always a suspicion that the record of these types of interviews may not be word for word and could even have been "embellished" on occasion. However, they were permitted to be read as evidence in court.

So the recording of the actual words, including the context and in the vernacular of the subject, would have to be an improvement. The fact that warrants were previously granted to record PS (in the privacy of his home and without his knowledge) provides further confirmation that GJ's suspicions were valid and that his behavior was not simply reckless or rash. PS had already exhibited a pattern of accusing GJ of things that were not correct, so it would not be unreasonable for him to record their exchanges, if for no other purpose than for him to be able to swear in Court under oath, that what PS said was free from error or omission or to refute any scurrilous accusations made against him by the witness.

It is regrettable that such a fine investigative officer has been betrayed by his colleagues in this way and his excellent record has been besmirched. I hope you contemptible people are proud of yourselves!!

Tweets by @jamie86 (Jamie McKinnell, ABC News), half a day ago:

Jamie McKinnell
@jamie86

14h
Former NSW detective Gary Jubelin is this morning in court for a decision on allegations he illegally recorded four conversations with a person of interest during the William Tyrrell investigation.

@jamie86
14h
Magistrate Ross Hudson has laid out the legislative framework within which he'll make a the decisions. Mr Jubelin was charged with four breaches of the Surveillance Devices Act.

@jamie86
14h
The Act says a person must not knowingly use a listening device to record a private conversation unless there is "express or implied" consent, but ...

@jamie86
14h
Here's the key exemption that will be at the heart of any decision in the Gary Jubelin case: pic.twitter.com/EkQlEL6MCV

(continuing)

@jamie86
14h
The magistrate says courts have previously held private conversations were okay to be recorded between, for example, a sexual abuse complainant and their abuser because the lawful interest was proving the truth.

@jamie86
14h
In that exemption, "reasonably necessary" is to be judged objectively according to the basis of the grounds that exist at the time recordings were made, the magistrate says.

(continuing)

jamie86
14h
We're now hearing a summary of the evidence. Mr Jubelin has always denied wrongdoing and said he had a "lawful right and an operational need" to record. Here's our previous coverage: ABC Search
[Note from stormbird: for me the link goes to a blank page.]

@jamie86
13h
Magistrate Hudson: "There were differing views in relation to the strikeforce and who should or shouldn't be a target. Ultimately, I will conclude ... that there was tension."

@jamie86
13h
Magistrate Hudson finds Paul Savage didn't know he was being recorded and didn't give consent, despite a defence argument he might have had an idea because he once found a covert police camera in the bush.

(continuing)

@jamie86
11h
Magistrate Hudson says by phase two of the Tyrrell investigation, 2018, Mr Jubelin was pursuing Mr Savage "at all costs" despite no evidence. He says there was no DNA, no fingerprints, no leads. "There's nothing. He's picked Mr Savage. He's pursuing him ... at all costs."

@jamie86
11h
Magistrate accepts other colleagues knew Mr Jubelin had made recordings, but "just because somebody knows that you are doing something you shouldn't be doing doesn't make it right".

@jamie86
11h
Magistrate says during police interviews, Mr Jubelin's questioning of Mr Savage was repetitious despite knowing his vulnerabilities. "In many ways the repetition really does become what may be seen as offensive in terms of the nature and extent of proper questions being asked."

(final)

@jamie86
11h
Magistrate Hudson re a strategy to exploit Mr Savage's family sensitivities: "This was a strategy at all costs. This was above and beyond legality. This was 'I'm going after Savage', and that's what happened on the 2nd of May because Mr Jubelin controlled the chess pieces."

@jamie86
11h
Magistrate Ross Hudson said Mr Jubelin was "playing a role" and "telling a story" during his evidence, which was "self-evidently partisan". "In the pursuit of Mr Savage and in the mode of operating at all costs, in my view ... Mr Jubelin has acted illegally."

@jamie86
10h
Former detective in William Tyrrell case Gary Jubelin found guilty of making illegal recordings
Tyrrell foster parents speak out after former detective found guilty over recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Don7777