Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New clip of the search site from ABC news. the letters showing for 'evidence' are showing as 'T' at one point. I am just wondering if it starts at 'A' that day? Anyone in the know about this forensic searching stuff? Interestingly, the reporter states that LE is confident that 'if WT is to be found, then it will be in this location'...

Potential new evidence discovered as William Tyrrell search continues

And that^^^ is why I think it is unfair to keep so many kids in limbo in foster care. I think they should either be with family or adopted. JMO

I agree, this is completely valid (as a last resort) and possibly underutilised.

But let me add one thing---as an adoptive mom with grown kids and grandkids....

I spent a lot of years on an Adoption Triad forum, with input from children and birth parents and foster/adoptive parents coming forth with their stories, feelings and experiences.

And I have learned that we cannot take everything each person says as total gospel until years later....for example, some adoptive parents in open adoptions dislike having so much communication with the birth parents and they grow to regret it AT FIRST----but years later they will come to appreciate it and see how important it was for their child. I saw that happen a lot.

And the same for the children. Sometimes kids come out of foster care and have negative reports and feelings about their life there. But a few years later they sometimes reevaluate, and begin to see things in a different way. Sometimes they were reacting as emotional teens react and not seeing some things objectively. And later they would come to the forum to update and say they changed their initial reactions as they matured...

So of course they should be prioritised but it is also important to understand that things are complex and emotionally charged sometimes, and just like ANY teen, they go through anger and resentment towards their parents.

For example, the foster child who reported that she was left behind during holidays with the grandparents. That is awful and so insensitive. Yet I would want to hear the other sides explanation. Was there a family tension and the birth kids felt the foster kids got all of the attention and there was hurt feelings there? IDK but it might be important to look at the big picture there too...

It is somewhat like having a blended family and all the difficulties that can come with that.

Good points. Perspectives can change over time.

Apart from the Triple Zero call by FFC, we only seem to have access to seeing a selection of the LE interview videos with FFCs which were recorded 3 or 4 days following William's disappearance. Apparently when an off-duty policewoman decided to interview William's sister on the day he disappeared, the little 5 year old wasn't able to contribute any useful information; which would appear to indicate that she may not have been playing with him anywhere at the time.

The LE must have lots and lots of information e.g. photo of items on where the cups of tea were being enjoyed by the FGM and FFC...were Williams shoes there?

It looks like the 'wool was being pulled over the eyes of LE' left, right and centre.

New sets of eyes on this case may just be able to now put all of the pieces of the puzzle together.
JMO and hope....fingers crossed.
W’s shoes were sitting at the sliding door in the Spider-Man photos

Williams shoes were positioned in a way that a child wouldn’t do IMO super neat by the back door Matt.
Where I live (pretty close to Kendall, we do not leave shoes outside. Funnel webs love shoes. Where I live (coastal holiday area) a toddler woke up early and his father decided to take him for a walk along the beach foreshore and let the others sleep. He put his shoes on and the little boy pulled his foot back and cried. He died a half an hour later of a funnel web bite.

@Tench do you think if there was blood in a car from 7 years ago, that DNA would be able to be extracted from it after this much time?

Also, with gardening bags, like hessian type material, do you think that DNA evidence would be able to be extracted after all of this time?

Last edited:
:(:(:(:(
Where I live (pretty close to Kendall, we do not leave shoes outside. Funnel webs love shoes. Where I live (coastal holiday area) a toddler woke up early and his father decided to take him for a walk along the beach foreshore and let the others sleep. He put his shoes on and the little boy pulled his foot back and cried. He died a half an hour later of a funnel web bite.
Yeah I wanted to highlight how the shoes were positioned as it shows William had assistance removing the shoes. His sister is wearing her sandals in the last pics of William, this indicates to me that William had his shoes off to go inside or what not, and an adult assisted.

oops hit send too soon. Horrific story you shared about the funnel web & little boy! :(

W’s shoes were sitting at the sliding door in the Spider-Man photos
Yes Waverider, but what I am trying to emphasize is that FFC has said he was wearing shoes because of bindi, dog poo etc; but if LE was able to take photos of the shoes still sitting at the sliding door when they arrived, then ......when all is said and done..... just another instance of inconsistency in her statements.
Just saying ...... if they actually have enough evidence to arrest and charge FFC as a POI, part of her defence may be incapacity to accurately remember things!!! MOO

Yeah I wanted to highlight how the shoes were positioned as it shows William had assistance removing the shoes. His sister is wearing her sandals in the last pics of William, this indicates to me that William had his shoes off to go inside or what not, and an adult assisted.

Just to play devils advocate.. my kids used to leave their shoes everywhere and I would straighten them up at the door. It doesn't mean someone helped, but I see your point. 3 years olds don't leave shoes tidy at a door.

Of course they are. Vile and evil for sure.

No, I am not in Australia. But I have read a few posts here and some articles, like the one from the anti-foster activist who works with the bio family, and I picked up on some of those same negative sentiments.

I believe the negative sentiment is valid. In many cases, including this one, it is evident that the authorities and the system automatically view foster familes, who may be hiding their true nature, positively imo. It is a class issue as well. There's a few factors. It is also the case that many intelligent socially adept people still believe that they themselves are not vulnerable to manipulation by very bad people imo.
Right, so that was my point. There is a public sentiment by some that foster parents are not to be trusted. And you said you have NEVER heard anyone say anything like that. So it confused me a bit.

I think it is similar to sentiments about stepparents. Can they really love their stepchildren? I know they can because my stepdad was the most wonderful father and I adored him. My stepmom however was a cruel cold hearted jerk. lol
And I think the sentiment can be valid too.

My point is that there are bad PEOPLE, of every diverse religion, culture, social class and race. PARENTS can be very cruel, be they bio or foster or adoptive or step....people are people.

Some children are unfairly taken from their birth families. But others are unfairly left living with their birth families. And many children are left in limbo, split between the 2.

My kids were in an open adoption and spent time with their birth families until they were old enough to decide for themselves how much time they wanted to spend with them or communicate.

I think that is the best way because they are the ones that are truly being impacted. JMO

Sure, what worked out for your kids sounds good, but you're conflating many issues now.

The issue here is bias. In this case, positive bias where certain people can do no wrong in the eyes of critical authorities who need to be impartial imo.

I don't believe criticism of other people taking in kids like you have, should be taken personally. I don't believe just because you are a good person that you should blindly believe someone else in your demographic is also good. Imo.

People need to be free to impartially ponder on anyone's potential for doing wrong without worrying about offending sensibilities or ruffling posh people's sensitive feathers imo.

Edit. You also quoted other posts, i just noticed. So in this case an advocate had to take the issue all the way to the supreme court, just to let the public even KNOW the child was in the care of foster parents. Imo. There was much quashing of any speculation. I'm not sure you understand fully.

oops hit send too soon. Horrific story you shared about the funnel web & little boy! :(

I had this thought the other day too. If it were my kids one shoe would be abandoned half way up the driveway, the other thrown into a garden bed somewhere never to be seen again. :)

I had this thought the other day too. If it were my kids one shoe would be abandoned half way up the driveway, the other thrown into a garden bed somewhere never to be seen again. :)

Or under the couch cushion, or end up a dogs chew toy! I used to buy multiple pairs of the same shoes and the same socks for these reasons :rolleyes:

This is a little outside my own field, but DNA has been recovered from ancient specimens. If blood or hairs are identified in the car, it is quite possible.

I am not optimistic about the hessian bag. Exposure to the elements degrades DNA, but it may have some other privatise value.

I know. It was about thirty years ago and it still haunts me and I can't imagine what that poor father would still feel.

This is a little outside my own field, but DNA has been recovered from ancient specimens. If blood or hairs are identified in the car, it is quite possible.

I am not optimistic about the hessian bag. Exposure to the elements degrades DNA, but it may have some other privatise value.
Not many hessian bags around now which do degrade most of the garden bags are not biodegradable, they are nylon fibres in a mesh pattern with some kind of plastic fabric overlay. They will be still identifiable in hundreds of years, IMO.

Yes Waverider, but what I am trying to emphasize is that FFC has said he was wearing shoes because of bindi, dog poo etc; but if LE was able to take photos of the shoes still sitting at the sliding door when they arrived, then ......when all is said and done..... just another instance of inconsistency in her statements.
Just saying ...... if they actually have enough evidence to arrest and charge FFC as a POI, part of her defence may be incapacity to accurately remember things!!! MOO
Oh right - I assumed that the shoes weren’t there when LE arrived, but who knows! (I was also theorising that they may be what LE think could have been thrown from a car?) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff