Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the DPP decides there is not enough evidence to lay criminal charges William's case will go back to the Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame who is expected to hold more hearings in the coming months.
She won't be holding more hearings "in the coming months" if FFC is charged and awaiting trial. I don't think? She'll wait until after the trial, another couple of years. So what's the source of that expectation, that the inquest will resume in the near future?

I'd say they're under pressure to sh-- or get off the pot. So they're giving what they have to the DPP, and meanwhile are making one last spiteful public attack on their suspect. I can't see why they would do that if they believed she would soon be charged.

I also think the Coroner has given them a bit of a push so she can resume the inquest and finalise her findings.

Last edited:
If the DPP decides there is not enough evidence to lay criminal charges William's case will go back to the Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame who is expected to hold more hearings in the coming months.
I am wondering if the DPP would prefer the recommendation to lay charges to come from the Coroner herself, rather than the NSW Police??? As the inquest is still open ????

Just a thought ….

Conversely, FM has not moved away, has not refused to answer questions, has not made it difficult for authorities to access her if needed.

I hate to see another Kathleen Folbigg, another Lindy Chamberlain. Just because these women try to defend themselves and don't live up to the stereotype of what they "should" be doing, in other people's opinion.
JMO - if it eventuated that the FM is charged and there is a Trial, there is the possibility that she might be be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, and justice prevails.

We certainly don't to see any more cases turn out like the other two that you have mentioned SA.

I also think the Coroner has given them a bit of a push so she can resume the inquest and finalise her findings.
Can anyone remember the status of Daniel M’s inquest when Police were actively pursuing Cowan???

Was the inquest just suspended?? As it wasn’t totally finalised until after Cowan was jailed IIRC ??

If Police have been working William’s Case with the Coroner, as they have said, I don’t think the Coroner would be able to finalise William’s Inquest, as if there is enough evidence to refer to the DPP wouldn’t the Coroner have to do the same thing??? I don’t think she could just deliver an open finding and just close the case ????

Obviously speculation and IMO, as I don’t know how it would play out?
A legal expert would come in handy now …

Conversely, FM has not moved away, has not refused to answer questions, has not made it difficult for authorities to access her if needed.

I hate to see another Kathleen Folbigg, another Lindy Chamberlain. Just because these women try to defend themselves and don't live up to the stereotype of what they "should" be doing, in other people's opinion.
I don’t believe she is guilty, if she is she must be the world’s greatest actor, to fool her husband and her mother, why would she fight for years to bring the killer to justice, she could have just laid low.
Her mother seemed to be a good citizen, and much as we all love our children, I cant see her going along with this farce until she died, or FM husband either.
I don’t see how she had time to conceal him so well, that he was never found in the initial search, I’m sure all culverts were searched in the first days.

It's hard to compare FM to Lindy Chamberlain given how sheltered FM has been from the media and public scrutiny.

There was little concern here for BS' rights during that fiasco. WT came first, which is understandable thinking to a large extent - but now the focus is on the FM I see no difference, let the process unfold for WT.

Can anyone remember the status of Daniel M’s inquest when Police were actively pursuing Cowan???

Was the inquest just suspended?? As it wasn’t totally finalised until after Cowan was jailed IIRC ??

If Police have been working William’s Case with the Coroner, as they have said, I don’t think the Coroner would be able to finalise William’s Inquest, as if there is enough evidence to refer to the DPP wouldn’t the Coroner have to do the same thing??? I don’t think she could just deliver an open finding and just close the case ????

If the DPP say no to the police, and the Coroner has the exact same evidence, I don't think the DPP would suddenly say yes to any recommendation from her.

In reading the NSW Prosecution Guidelines, I came away with the impression that the DPP should not prosecute if they KNOW they will lose a case.

If they think they can win it for the police, they will go for it.
If they don't think they can win - if the evidence is too circumstantial, if they are not convinced that William did not get lost in the bush, if they are not convinced another person could not have taken William (therefore FM would have no reason to cover up) - they shouldn't prosecute, according to the guidelines.

imo

From memory, DM's inquest was adjourned. The stingers told BC it was going to resume, but they could make it go away--if he co-operated.

It might be different in this case--if FFC isn't suspected of causing the death, only of concealment etc. Have a look at s78; my comprehension isn't great today.

How do you know she hasn’t made it difficult or refused to answer questions?

I don’t believe she is guilty, if she is she must be the world’s greatest actor, to fool her husband and her mother, why would she fight for years to bring the killer to justice, she could have just laid low.
Her mother seemed to be a good citizen, and much as we all love our children, I cant see her going along with this farce until she died, or FM husband either.
I don’t see how she had time to conceal him so well, that he was never found in the initial search, I’m sure all culverts were searched in the first days.
The grandmothers car wasn’t searched. So we can’t assume anything was done thoroughly

How do you know she hasn’t made it difficult or refused to answer questions?

Because we have read about her police interviews over the years, she has appeared before the NSWCC, she has appeared at the inquest, she has shown up for all of her court dates ....... and the police know her lawyer and can have direct contact with her - the lawyer has already expressed that the police didn't bother to contact her about this submission to the DPP prior to the media onslaught. I believe it is a professional courtesy to contact the lawyer in a high profile case like this, before a media onslaught.

let the process unfold for WT.
Totally agree @butterstick !!!

We also need to remember that this is first time (in nearly 10 years) that any alleged charges could be brought about, that actually relate to William‘s actual disappearance … and directly to William’s case …

I don’t fully understand this strategy that is being played out ATM, or why, but at least we know they have been continuing to work on William’s case despite the overwhelming silence ….

Let the chips fall where they may …

IMO

Because we have read about her police interviews over the years, she has appeared before the NSWCC, she has appeared at the inquest, she has shown up for all of her court dates ....... and the police know her lawyer and can have direct contact with her - the lawyer has already expressed that the police didn't bother to contact her about this submission to the DPP prior to the media onslaught. I believe it is a professional courtesy to contact the lawyer in a high profile case like this, before a media onslaught.
Yes, while she wasn’t a poi, she was very much happy to be in front of the camera. We haven’t seen her since she became a poi, nor have we heard that she has been approachable or available since she became a poi.

The grandmothers car wasn’t searched. So we can’t assume anything was done thoroughly

"William Tyrrell’s foster grandmother’s car, which has been seized by police for forensic testing, had already been examined days after the toddler went missing seven years ago, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

Crime scene officers also examined his foster parents’ then-new four-wheel-drive, and the two vehicles were returned when nothing incriminating was found."

Thread 70, post 914

Yes, while she wasn’t a poi, she was very much happy to be in front of the camera. We haven’t seen her since she became a poi, nor have we heard that she has been approachable or available since she became a poi.

The point being that once the police are familiar with the lawyer, even if they don't speak with the subject, they can always go through the lawyer - and that is considered 'available and cooperating'.

imo

Professional courtesy, if this is true and the fm has hidden this, do you think what she has done is acceptable? If this is true, think about the lives that have been ruined because of her possible lies. What about the the money it has cost tax payers.

There have been a lot of people who have been dragged through the mud, including his bio parents, the fm’s neighbours, BS and all of these peoples families. So if the fm isn’t guilty, she gets added to a long list of ppl who have been dragged, the only difference is that their names and identities are still suppressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen