Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I, too, would like to see more transparency. I only hope that the inquest provides it.

I would like to know what they have done to show that Frank Abbott wasn't involved.
I would like to know what they have done to show that Paul Savage doesn't know more.
I would like to know what they have done to show that William didn't wander off and lose himself.

Eg: A convicted pedophile cannot find anyone to vouch for his whereabouts on the day of William Tyrrell’s disappearance

I am afraid there is going to be a Coronial open finding, because there seems to be no proof of anything.

imo
I’d like to know more about the two teenagers from Kendall who were exposed as paedophiles . They stayed under the radar for years.

I’d like to know more about the two teenagers from Kendall who were exposed as paedophiles . They stayed under the radar for years.

Yes, Steven Garrad and Timothy Doyle.

IIRC when reporters asked the AFP if Garrad and/or Doyle were involved in William's investigation the AFP responded that the reporters would have to ask SFR.

imo

a.jpg

I would really like to know what the Police know about the FM that they can’t release.

Knowing something and proving something are 2 entirely different things. IMO they must have a fair amount of circumstantial evidence that must not be able to be used in a court.

Since following the case from day one, and reading virtually everything written about the case, i still do not believe the foster parents had anything to do with William’s disappearance.
There have been a number of cases since, when missing peoples bodies have been found years later in places that were previously searched.
I think it is still possible he was missed in the search.
My only problem with this theory is that a decaying corpse leaves a horrendous odour and IMO one of the thousands of people searching for William would have smelt this in the weeks after.

Open to all possibilities though.

Yes, Steven Garrad and Timothy Doyle.

IIRC when reporters asked the AFP if Garrad and/or Doyle were involved in William's investigation the AFP responded that the reporters would have to ask SFR.

imo

View attachment 532129
Interesting that Doyles charges went back to 2014.

older 2021 article with ron iddles......

'So it makes it a bit odd that they're actually searching that property for the body and then looking at the car,' Mr Iddles said.

'Unless he was in the boot of the car and somehow later he was brought back.'

i wonder if little williams body was hurried away to look like he had wandered off or was abducted, but when he wasnt found, was then secretly brought back and buried in the garden?

'So it makes it a bit odd that they're actually searching that property for the body and then looking at the car,' Mr Iddles said.

i wonder if little williams body was hurried away to look like he had wandered off or was abducted, but when he wasnt found, was then secretly brought back and buried in the garden?
JMO - In light of Rosann being provided some new information which caused that last more thorough search William's body was not found.
As Mr Iddles has said as per this link, there would have been overt and covert decisions being made:

"Mr Iddles suggested there would be techniques being employed in the current line of inquiry that police would not want to publicise.
'I think in these type of operations there's overt and covert strategic decisions you make,' he said.
Mr Iddles did not want to speculate on those covert activities but typically investigators might employ telephone intercepts, physical surveillance and listening devices.
If it emerged William had died in an accident and a body was located police would probably have to rely on the results of a post mortem examination to take action against anyone.
'You'd be looking for fractures or something else,' Mr Iddles said. 'Sometimes then you don't get a cause of death. Unless they find the body I think it's going to be difficult to do anything.
There is no suggestion anyone related to William was involved in his disappearance, just that police are following new lines of inquiry."

They’ve searched that property so many times he would have been found

After all, if police think it's viable that William was hidden temporarily and then brought back to be buried under a home or in its grounds--there would be several of the neighbours who had that opportunity.
JMO -
.... Just thinking about a neighbour who might have been observing the front garden and had seen/noted that the FF had driven off at around 9 am, FF's destination and returning time would have been unknown to that neighbour!
.... Maybe he/she didn't see the FF depart, but would have been able to note that the Fosters' vehicle was missing! Again, when that vehicle would be returning would be unknown to that neighbour!
.... If William was observed later, to be in the front of FGM's house and his reason for being there was to greet the FF upon his return, it would be very risky for that neighbour to abduct William ... in light of the fact the FF could have returned at that very moment. (E.g.: For all the neighbour knew, the FF could have onlyjust driven as far away as the Corner Store to purchase the newspaper, etc,), which was only barely 5 mins away!

.... The FM has said that William was missing only for about 5 mins after jumping off the back deck roaring, and that she had gone around the side of the house calling out to him while frantically searching out there for him.

.... In that cul de sac, there is some distance from the front boundary of the FGM's house, so having grabbed William and then heading away with him:
.... In that short time, a neighbour would have likely been able to hear the FM calling out to William, and William would also have heard FM and thereby most likely screamed; that would surely have caused that neighbour to abort any abduction activity. MOO

JMO -
.... Just thinking about a neighbour who might have been observing the front garden and had seen/noted that the FF had driven off at around 9 am, FF's destination and returning time would have been unknown to that neighbour!
.... Maybe he/she didn't see the FF depart, but would have been able to note that the Fosters' vehicle was missing! Again, when that vehicle would be returning would be unknown to that neighbour!
.... If William was observed later, to be in the front of FGM's house and his reason for being there was to greet the FF upon his return, it would be very risky for that neighbour to abduct William ... in light of the fact the FF could have returned at that very moment. (E.g.: For all the neighbour knew, the FF could have onlyjust driven as far away as the Corner Store to purchase the newspaper, etc,), which was only barely 5 mins away!

.... The FM has said that William was missing only for about 5 mins after jumping off the back deck roaring, and that she had gone around the side of the house calling out to him while frantically searching out there for him.

.... In that cul de sac, there is some distance from the front boundary of the FGM's house, so having grabbed William and then heading away with him:
.... In that short time, a neighbour would have likely been able to hear the FM calling out to William, and William would also have heard FM and thereby most likely screamed; that would surely have caused that neighbour to abort any abduction activity. MOO
Or maybe someone followed the FF, knew he was going to be gone for a while??

I still think that someone/s may have been watching ( & maybe listening ) that morning, not for the reason of taking William, but the opportunity arose & they took it??

It bugs me that the Millers was vacant / no one home , a perfect hiding spot IMO Did someone / s know this, an opportunity for a bit of petty theft? But an opportunity arose.........and PS saw something IMO

Of course all IMO.

I don't think we will ever know, sadly.

Last edited:
I’m a bit on the fence sadly.
I want to be where you are, however ringing in my ears are the statements from FM & FF that William always stayed close, he wouldn’t run off, he wasn’t a wanderer, he was scared of the high tree etc.
If they had harmed him, why would they be so adamant about him never wandering or running off? I'd think they'd say that he was impulsive and adventurous if thy wanted to hide something.
If all that was true, and we accept the FM narrative, what then suddenly made William jump off the porch, run around the corner of the house -

Young kids are spontaneous and illogical. They do impulsive things, often for no apparent reason.
and then cross that expansive yard and head into Where?
…. in to the bush, that one would think would look too scary for such a child, particularly a 3 year old city kid, so maybe not
….. on to a road that surely he’d been taught the dangers of, so maybe not.
….. down the driveway to meet ‘daddy’ - possibly. Particularly if he’d been in trouble, and if as I suspect, it was ‘daddy’ who he had the close relationship with ( quite possibly to the consternation of FM. … if true, she wouldn’t be the first parent to be jealous of child / parent relationships)
I don't see that in this case. She'd kill a baby because her husband loved the little guy so much? I don't get that feeling here.

I don't think they were guilty of anything---but if I had to see any kind of scenario where they were, I'd lean more towards FM being negligent somehow, and the child falling from the balcony or something.

Or maybe someone followed the FF, knew he was going to be gone for a while??

I still think that someone may have been watching ( & maybe listening ) that morning, not for the reason of taking William, but the opportunity arose & they took it??

It bugs me that the Millers was vacant / no one home , a perfect hiding spot IMO Did someone / s know this, an opportunity for a bit of petty theft? But an opportunity arose.........and PS saw something IMO

Of course all IMO.

I don't think we will ever know, sadly.
JMO -
A planned opportunity for petty theft would have been much easier when FGM didn't have the all the activity connected with the Fosters visiting.
I don't know if the duration of the Millers' absence was known by would-be petty thieves, but co-ordinating having someone follow the FF (Tennis Club CCTV recorded his vehicle departure, and would have recorded the vehicles following behind too), and knowing exactly when to nab William, bearing in mind the Millers' house (Which is at the top of the driveway back from its entrance), and is on the opposite side to where William went roaring, that would have made that 'just right moment' quite difficult.

JMO -
A planned opportunity for petty theft would have been much easier when FGM didn't have the all the activity connected with the Fosters visiting.
I don't know if the duration of the Millers' absence was known by would-be petty thieves, but co-ordinating having someone follow the FF (Tennis Club CCTV recorded his vehicle departure, and would have recorded the vehicles following behind too), and knowing exactly when to nab William, bearing in mind the Millers' house (Which is at the top of the driveway back from its entrance), and is on the opposite side to where William went roaring, that would have made that 'just right moment' quite difficult.
I think someone ,who may have told others, knew the FF were coming that weekend, but probably not the Thursday night, they could have been "casing out" the Millers on the Wednesday night??

Who really knows, but it's a gut feeling I have & to me a reason why someone may have been hanging around?

I also think William was missing longer than the 5 minutes , more like 15 /20 minutes?

All IMO

JMO -

The suggestion I'm responding to is that William died by accident, was removed by the foster family and placed in hiding temporarily, and later buried on foster grandmother's property. So what I'm saying is, he could just as well have died by some other means that a fall from a balcony--let's say hit by a car in someone else's grounds--and been temporarily hidden by a neighbour and later buried under a neighbour's house. If the cause of death wasn't an accident, the motive for preventing him being found is stronger, whoever was responsible.

I don't really get that FF was scarier than the two women together, but if William's body was in someone's boot, it wouldn't matter if the cars crossed. If William died on the neighbour's property--plenty of them are screened by trees--he would have been loaded into the boot away from observation. If he was enticed to get into a car, and FF or say the Crabbs came driving home just at the crucial moment, the neighbour had only to make a pretence that he was trying to return the wandering boy to appropriate custody.

I wouldn't put any confidence in FM's "five minutes" estimations.

I think someone ,who may have told others, knew the FF were coming that weekend, but probably not the Thursday night, they could have been "casing out" the Millers on the Wednesday night??

Who really knows, but it's a gut feeling I have & to me a reason why someone may have been hanging around?

I also think William was missing longer than the 5 minutes , more like 15 /20 minutes?

All IMO
Someone close to PS? Do you think perhaps visiting him on Wednesday night?

Someone close to PS? Do you think perhaps visiting him on Wednesday night?
Not sure JLZ. I was thinking more of GO?

Something didn't sit right with me with him. Physically very frail , but a mind quite sharp ( I only saw him at his first appearance in Taree ) .........

Reactions: JLZ
The suggestion I'm responding to is that William died by accident, was removed by the foster family and placed in hiding temporarily, and later buried on foster grandmother's property. So what I'm saying is, he could just as well have died by some other means that a fall from a balcony--let's say hit by a car in someone else's grounds--and been temporarily hidden by a neighbour and later buried under a neighbour's house.
In the event of William being hit by a car in someone else's grounds, presumably in fairly close proximity to FGM's house .... not just injuring him, William's immediate his death would likely have to occurred for him to be immediately buried in order to hide that accident evidence.

Just to remember that the FF went searching in the neighbouring properties ... along with the Police, as soon as they arrived and found no trace of anything.
If the cause of death wasn't an accident, the motive for preventing him being found is stronger, whoever was responsible.
.... Self preservation
I don't really get that FF was scarier than the two women together,
I am unaware of that view.
but if William's body was in someone's boot, it wouldn't matter if the cars crossed. If William died on the neighbour's property--plenty of them are screened by trees--he would have been loaded into the boot away from observation.
Upon William's immediate death and having been loaded quickly into someone's boot, and not observed by anyone, then any passing cars wouldn't see his body in the boot.

One example would be: FM said in her Walkthrough that she had encountered a large truck on Batar Creek Road, and had pulled over to allow the driver to pass; so even if that truck driver had come forward to confirm the encounter, he would not necessarily have been aware of FGM's Mazda car boot cohtents.
If he was enticed to get into a car, and FF or say the Crabbs came driving home just at the crucial moment, the neighbour had only to make a pretence that he was trying to return the wandering boy to appropriate custody.
True, and if the possible abductor and William could hear FM calling out to him, to validate that excuse, he would surely have to be walking in FM's direction.
I wouldn't put any confidence in FM's "five minutes" estimations.
Agree

Not sure JLZ. I was thinking more of GO?

Something didn't sit right with me with him. Physically very frail , but a mind quite sharp ( I only saw him at his first appearance in Taree ) .........
Which of them are you describing?

I think of GO too, but not in connection with PS. Would you be thinking GO was a close friend he was willing to protect, or someone PS feared? I don't think PS is timid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minushka
Back